Rollercoaster moods

• Ugh. I have felt like I'm on a rollercoaster for so long! One day I feel all motivated and perky and the next day I can barely drag my butt out of bed. I have an appointment with the Dr. in a couple of weeks (why oh why can't they get you in sooner?!) and some days I feel like I don't need to and other days I want to go to the office and BEG for some meds. I was on Zoloft years ago but I don't remember being so "up and down" like this before I got some help. I have decided to ask for Wellbutrin or Prozac (I did research and I don't want any of the others, I can't stand being at work, I work 12 hour shifts!) and I can hardly wait. Here's hoping...
  • HI Kimmy
    I think that for me that is one of the downsides of the ups and downs ..........never really know how I am going to feel or what I am going to accomplish...I force myself for the sake of my family but the dragging the butt thing is familiar to me too!

What do you do for a living? I do 12 hour shifts too......I am an ER nurse....going back to medicine in July and back to 8 hour shifts and will pick up in the ER.

I find all the shift work and lack of sleep cycle doesn't help the moods either.

Keep in touch and let us know how things are.

Eliz
  • Hi Kimmy,

Good luck at the doctors, let us know how you make out. The roller coaster affects are amazing. I know exactly how you feel, it can be not only daily for me but sometimes hourly. I can be up one minute and down the next. I believe there are alot of us like that, so your not alone.

I'm glad you found us here. Hope we will get to know you better.

Hugs, Leenie
  • Thank you SO much for bringing this up! You are describing me to a T! I've been off Celexa for almost a year now, have no desire to go back on and gain more weight (chicken-egg thing)... depression-med-gain weight-more depression... you get the pic.

I'm an optimist by nature.. I still believe I am, but man it's hard some days not to just tell everyone to go take a flying leap (not here on the board but in real time).

Just talking about it helps! And knowing I'm not alone