is weight you lose frm not eating actual fat or???

• Not sure where to ask this but i have been depressed for a few days and havent felt like eating at all but i have to eat atleast a bit because i have the shakes and feel light headed. in the past 3 days i have been eating 250cals,710cals,780cals and 660cals cals and i have lost 5 pounds and about 2 pounds a day.. never had it happen before where i didnt feel like eating much but i was just wondering if i could be losing fat or is it mostly water weight or muscle? just curious. be nice if i could atleast have gotten actual fat loss from being sad..haha

i know you shouldnt eat under 1200 cals and i usually eat atleast 1450cals a day. so i do plan on eating more of course. just curious what it would be that i have lost from not eating enough.
  • As I understand it, as we lose fat, we also lose water. The water usually weighs more than the fat (darn it!). If you're not doing any sort of weight resistance exercise but you're cutting calories, you are also losing muscle. Along with muscle loss comes water loss.

Hope you feel better soon!
  • We lose water, fat, muscle, etc. is some of it fat? Yes. how much of it is fat is hard to know precisely.
  • It doesn't matter what you eat or what you do you will lose muscle fat and water. (I used to be anorexic so I had done a lot of studying on this subject). Although eating right and working out are still important. BUT The less you eat-the more muscle it is. That's why anorexics are at risk of health problems and death. And if you work out the less muscle you will lose-but you will still lose some. But when you eat too little no work out will stop the muscle loss.