3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   April Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/279105-april-chat.html)

VermontMom 04-17-2013 02:22 PM

Hey Ohio, that is a very challenging job and I hope you know that not many people can do that, you must be incredibly patient and loving, yay you! And so great to hear that your daughter is coming home from college very soon!

I had to google "industrial piercing" but I recognize it :devil: congrats! I felt like a wild n crazy woman getting my navel pierced at 43 yrs. old, lol!

Seabiscuit, yes Vermont IS beautiful, once it warms up and greens up! (SOON I HOPE). Queechee area is kewl, especially the Gorge. In winter I work in Stowe, which you probably recognize as "Ski Capital of the East" (self-proclaimed, lol) but our main source of customers in winter is skiers/boarders either on their way to the mountain or on their way off it.

I *think* I'm down a couple pounds, at least the scale showed 150 this morning, but I can have fluctuations of up to 4 pounds in 24 hours, so I need to just keep to the program!!

VermontMom 04-17-2013 02:25 PM

well I see our beloved 3FC site is still having problems with time warps :devil:

Lisa_C 04-17-2013 02:33 PM

txgeekgirl, sorry you are sick. I understand totally about going to work. I would much rather be around other people, at certain times. I love people and I love my job. I hope you get well soon.

I am getting ready to head out here myself and go to work. I work with a young man who has a developmental disability. We have such a a wonderful time.

I got my ear pierced the other day, it's called an industrial piercing. I won't post a pic, it might gross some of you out.

My Jennifer moves home May 8th, I'm so excited.

Talk to you all soon, I'm off to work.

Moreta 04-17-2013 04:26 PM

I'm ok today. I was a mess last night. My cat disappeared yesterday. After searching the whole house, I just started crying and couldn't stop. I finally went to lay down last night and before I did I put some wet food at the porch door and propped it open, hoping she would come in and come in the cat door on the porch. I was getting tired and about to fall asleep and the stupid cat jumps up on the bed. I was so relieved. I can't believe she got out. She never goes by the door and usually runs away when we open it. She's a very timid cat. There's a bunch of stuff in her fur from exploring the outside world, that i need to get out tonight when I get home from work. I'm just glad she came back.

In other news, I had to reschedule my therapy appt b/c we're going to the beach this weekend, and I can't get in until May 4th....The last time I saw her was March 16th. I'm glad I'm doing ok and not in desperate need for therapy.

seabiscuit 04-17-2013 05:12 PM

Vermont Mom,

Good for you regarding your weight loss! That is great news! :carrot:

I have been to Stowe too and I remember it was very nice there. I think I actually went up there in the summer as a kid but I can't recall. I did love Vermont when I when up there. I was getting a craving for that maple syrup candy the other day, YUM!

Ohiofreespirit-

That is awesome that you work with those who have developmental disabilities. We need more people like you!

How exciting about your daughter coming home soon too. :)

Moreta,

I am so glad that your cat returned home! That must have given you quite a scare but I am glad that everything ended up okay.

That sounds good that you don't need as much therapy, way to go!

As for me, I am okay but I have been very tired. So, it is 5:10 pm now in PA and I have been up maybe 4 hours total today! This is not unusual either of the last week. I saw a doctor at my new internist's group who gave me a script for blood work and I got it drawn. His office called me and said that my blood counts look better, yet I am still so fatigued!! :?: My Mom questions as to whether or not this is Mono, I have had Mono twice. The doctor is supposed to call me soon, if/when he does, I will mention to him that I would like him to order a Mono test.

I am a little depressed because I gained back the weight that I lost but I am not really depressed, just a little blue. I don't think I am depressed enough for it to cause these symptoms.

Tomorrow I am going to a volunteer appreciation luncheon for the hospital where I volunteer and I am looking forward to it. My dress is a little tighter than before but it will be okay, I think.

I just feel a little down, but I don't think enough to cause this excessive fatigue.

Take care, have a nice day everyone ;)

Lisa_C 04-18-2013 07:03 PM

Hello friends. I hope everyone is well. I find myself struggling today. I am not managing my money very well lately and it depresses me. I don't know why I make the decisions that I do. I can't stop spending money. I need to get my **** together.

I find myself close to depression today, the first time in a long time. I guess i need to count my blessings. I have a good job which I enjoy very much.

I hope that everyone is doing better than I am today.

seabiscuit 04-18-2013 09:07 PM

Ohio,

:hug: I hear you on spending money. I overspend at times too. It has been suggested to me to work on and follow a budget but that is something that I don't really stick to. I am more cognizant of what I spend now but it still is a struggle at times. I wish you all the best.

Take care.

coffeeshopgirl 04-18-2013 09:24 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm sitting again at 183.6 lbs. I really gotta get back onto a workout regimen, and I know it'll get better once we move. Ugh, i'm so tired lately that I'm not even making send in this post :(

Regardless, I still wanted to stop by and say hello to everyone. Glad to see we're doing reasonably well. Moreta, I'm so glad your kitty came back! Seabiscuit, good to hear that you're doing ok and I really hope you don't have mono. Ohio, I totally googled industrial ear piercing, and I think it's pretty cool (oh, and gutsy - I can imagine it hurt since it pierced through the cartilage). VTMom, good job on the weight loss! Keep it up!

Ok, I promise i'll post something more interesting next time. For now, I'm off to be a couch potato. Why don't they have a potato icon; they have a broccoli and carrot. I demand more vegetables!

Lol. Tomorrow is Friday!!!

VermontMom 04-19-2013 11:07 AM

LOL @ Coffeeshopgirl demanding more vegetables :D sorry you are so frazzled!

Moreta I am also so glad your kitty came back!

ohio, are you feeling better today? :hug:

Hi Seabiscuit :wave: hope you had a nice time at the volunteer lunch.

:wave: at all others here.

I wonder if I am at a point where I could be weaned off my medication. This past year, I do not remember any episodes of really low moods, which was a huge improvement from the previous year, when I was so apathetic, I didn't care if the next day came or not. And the year before was fraught with very bad thoughts. So definite improvement over the years. I have never had an appt with anyone but my personal family doctor. But I am afraid of my safety net :?:

seabiscuit 04-20-2013 02:18 PM

Hi everyone

Hey there-

Coffeeshopgirl- It's good to see you! Thank you for your well wishes. I have the order for the Mono test so I am going to get that done on Monday at the lab.

That's a cute idea about more veggies! I need to eat more veggies. I hear they are so good on pizzas, wraps, etc., but I still am not a big fan, sigh.

I hope you feel less tired. I have been tired too lately, that's why I am getting the Mono test. I wonder if spring is aggravating my allergies a lot, I mean I know it bothers me but I wonder if that is why I feel so tired. I hope we both get some spring in our step and bounce back with energy :D

VT Mom- Hey, it's great to see you too! I had a wonderful time at the volunteer luncheon, thank you! It was very well done with a lot of nice speakers, good food and a fun time. We have a lot of volunteers at our hospital and the hospital awards scholarships to teens too, which I think is great. After the luncheon, I got to meet the CEO who I wrote the letter of thanks to that I mentioned in the general chatter forum. He is so nice and kind. I really am glad that I went to the luncheon and got to meet him.

I hope you make the right decision for you regarding your meds. I know I, too have been tempted to be on less psych meds but I feel now that I don't want to 'rock the boat' with the decent med mix that I am on. I am leery of med changes unless they are really deemed necessary and I am afraid of ending up back in a hospital for psych symptoms getting worse if my meds are out of whack. That being said though, that is just my opinion and my experience. I would suggest that perhaps you can talk to your treatment team regarding your concerns, questions and ideas. Good luck!!

As for me, I am doing pretty well, just still tired. I had my eye exam today which went well. My eyes are almost back to normal now from the dilating drops that my eye doc gave me. Thank goodness, I don't need new lenses or frames. I get ophthalmic migraines which are so annoying and sometimes a little spooky where I have less vision in one eye, I have lost complete vision in one eye twice before. My eye doc told me I need to call him if that lasts for more than one hour because it could affect or be related to my retina. I see my neurologist this week about my migraines and my MRI came back normal, thank God. I am also grateful that my migraine medicine is finally covered under my insurance.

I see the nurse navigator Monday for health goals and a meal plan. I am nervous about getting weighed and that not such fun stuff. A friend of mine used to be a client of hers and thinks she is a good person. I still have concerns so I will voice those to her Monday.

Well, I have chatted a lot on here today!

Take care, have a good day.

Lisa_C 04-20-2013 09:29 PM

Hello everyone.

I am relaxing this weekend, I needed the time away from work. I am finding that my job is running into my weekend time so I am giving up one of my more needier clients. I know it's not his fault but if it wasn't one thing it was another. I was and still am to a certain extent burnt out.

I find that simply being home with my pets and watching some tv, resting. I need that one the weekend. I only wish I could stop my negative self-talk. It is what drives my anxiety. I hate being like this, hate it. I want to be normal, i hate being sick. I guess the key is my negative self-self talk. it gets my physical symptoms all riled up, like the need to shake my leg all the time or my stomach being all upset. i just get so scared that life is going to through me something that I cannot handle.

There. I said it. Life scares me. I'm afraid I can't take what it has to dish out.

Thanks for listening. This post means a lot to me.

VermontMom 04-20-2013 09:50 PM

ohio - :hug: it takes alot of courage to type out what truly scares us!!

I think you're strong enough to take whatever life throws at you. And your daughter is coming in about 2 weeks, that will be so nice won't it!

please try to stifle the self-negative talk, i know that is hard, I'm guilty of that so much, but i've been trying not to automatically think negative thoughts about myself, we've got to train our thinking to go a more positive way.

enjoy your evening at home with your pets, and maybe tv or computer :)

seabiscuit 04-20-2013 10:46 PM

Hey everyone-

I am a bit depressed tonight. I am very grateful to my wonderful, amazing brother who is very supportive of me. I just wish that he lived closer to me. I am also very grateful to my best friend who is a different ex-boyfriend, we have stayed very close over about 3-4 years. I am seeing him tomorrow for lunch and I really enjoy his friendship, he seems to always make me laugh. I know he cares a lot about me.

I was depressed earlier tonight because of the relationship that I have with my parents even though they are divorced from each other and remarried to others. I just don't see eye to eye with them on some issues financially and about what I should be doing in my life. It is very upsetting to argue with both of them, I ended the conversation with my mother unpleasantly after yelling at her and I got off the phone upset, shortly in tears thereafter.

I guess I feel like my parents are trying to control me and they feel that they can to a degree because I am financially supported by them and the government's programs. It is very upsetting because I am intelligent and articulate and want to live my life the way I want to, but because of my disability, it seems I always need their approval, I feel like they treat me like a 36 yr old child :mad: :(

Well, I hope everyone has a good night I am going to bed soon. I think the reason that I have been staying in bed so much lately and been so tired is not mono, it is my depression due to my family situation.

Sigh, and I shall just continue to do my best.

Good night.

coffeeshopgirl 04-21-2013 12:23 AM

Hi everyone! I know it's late, but I wanted to check in with you all and see how everyone's doing. I'm tired of being a zombie & I miss my social chicks!

The apartment went through, and we're moving next weekend. Ugh, I can't wait to move (sarcasm). It'll be a lot of work, but I know it's worth it.

As for my weight loss, I've been seeing the importance of drinking water more and more. For instance, my lips have been getting really chapped lately, and I realize it's when I haven't had enough water throughout the day. I've also been able to stop my cravings by drinking a full bottle of water. Just an interesting observation - have anyone else noticed this?

Otherwise, nothing much new over here.

Ohio - I'm happy that you posted about needing to stop the negative self-talk. It's always good to recognize - and vocalize when we're ready - that we do that to ourselves. We all do it at some point: at first, we think we're motivating ourselves, pushing to be better than we are. And then it turns into more than that as we sink into depression/anxiety. Do you have an action plan on how to switch your negative self-talk into positive self-talk? Maybe next time you notice yourself doing it, you can restate the negative statement as a positive one. Something like "I'm never going to lose weight" to "I'm gonna do this. Today, I'm going to drink more water. Tomorrow, I'll have a healthy dinner and exercise for 30 minutes." Give yourself a positive statement and a mini goal, something to motivate yourself that's applicable to your mood. If you want help, let us know! We'll be glad to help out with some positive self-talk. And, life is scary - you're not alone in realizing that. I should tell you of my recurring failure dream sometime :)

VTMom - I like the idea of weaning yourself off your depression meds. I see your point though about discussing it with a different doctor. Hopefully your family doctor has been helpful in the past. I've known doctors who prefer to keep you on medication, which doesn't mesh well with my personal preference. I would chat with your dr first, and see if he/she thinks a referral is necessary, or if they can help you wean off or to a lower dosage. It never hurts to ask, right?

Seabiscuit - Family situations can certainly aid in depression. Based on your explanation, I can see why you're upset about your parents and their attempts to control you. *hugs* I'm glad to hear that your brother is a good support for you. Try to remember that regardless of your disability, your life and opinions are your choices to make. I hope the next conversation with your mom is more pleasant. Also, have fun with your friend at lunch tomorrow!

So, myy DH is snoring on the couch, which is both soothing and telling me it's time for bed, lol. Good night everyone! :faint:

seabiscuit 04-21-2013 07:04 PM

Hey there everyone,

Coffeeshopgirl,

I wish you all the best with your move! I am highly considering a move this fall. In my opinion, moves can be exciting but stressful. I hope that you do things to take care of yourself without the food involved so you can feel good! I am finding that drinking water fills me up too! Often, I am thirsty instead of hungry.

I had a good day today! It was a lot of fun to see my friend and eat lunch with him. It didn't dawn on me until after the meal was over that I ate foods that I am supposed to be avoiding because of the food allergies, tomato and corn. Oh well, I am still alive LOL! I had a great time with my friend today and then had a nice conversation with my brother.

Tomorrow I am meeting with the nurse navigator about my health and food issues, then meeting with my case worker. I am a bit nervous about the nurse navigator meeting because we will be developing a food plan but I think it is for the best. I hope this will be a road map to success with my weight loss along with the help of my therapist.

Well, I am going to chill out tonight along with getting some stuff done in my apartment.

Have a nice night everyone ;)

coffeeshopgirl 04-21-2013 09:35 PM

This morning my weight was 180.6 pounds - so excited!! I decided to reward myself and switch my ticker since I've been fairly consistent with the weight loss.

Thanks for the well wishes Seabiscuit! I've been doing pretty well with rewarding myself with rest and exercise rather than extra food (usually). I'm so glad that I'm no longer binge eating and eating way past the point of fullness. That was an accomplishment in itself. Thankfully, the move will be a quick one :)

Last week, I did slack off with my exercise, so getting back on track today was fun. I huffed and puffed 30 minutes on the elliptical, but I made it through! Also did 1 round of kettle bells - I moved up from 20 - 25 pounds because our friend asked for his 20 pounder back, so I had to use the husband's 25 kettle bell. I'm totally feeling it, lol.

Did my food prep today. Having the usual for breakfast (oatmeal), 1 hot dog, veggies, and an apple for lunch, and shrimp fried rice for dinner. Basically planning to do 30-45 minutes of workouts all 5 days this week.

Wish me luck! Hope you all had a good weekend :)

seabiscuit 04-21-2013 09:58 PM

:bravo: Congratulations on your weight loss coffeeshopgirl, way to go!

It sounds like you are on an awesome plan to taking care of yourself with your fitness and eating healthier, wonderful!

You are inspiring to me!

Have a good night everyone :)

Lisa_C 04-22-2013 08:58 AM

Way to go coffeeshopgirl, congrats on losing weight. You're an inspiration.

Yes, girls the piercing hurt but I didn't cry. I think I might have let a cuss word or two fly. I bled like a stuck pig though. The ear is healing pretty well. I am doing my best at cleaning it. I wash it a couple of times a day, I've been using epsom salts on it, although I'm supposed to be using sea salt. Lastly, I'm putting Neosporin on it. It must be working because just in the last day, my ear has been itching. I'm assuming it's healing.

grneyedmustang 04-22-2013 12:06 PM

Hello everyone...I'm around off and on...trying to really get re-focused on eating healthy and being consistent on the exercise. The scale isn't rewarding me (yet) but I keep reminding myself it's a series of small changes that add up to the great big changes. *sigh*

I had a major NSV over the weekend, though...I went for a run in my apartment complex which involved a few major hills. I ran 4 miles at a 10:15 pace...I haven't run that since college. Yaaaaaayyy!!!

I also made a decision to have laser lipo about two weeks from now. I am actually looking forward to my surgery...hopefully I can say buh bye to my kangaroo pouch forever!

Ohio - congrats on the piercing! Yaaay!!!! And hang in there :hug:

Coffee - congrats on the weight loss! And good luck with the move (ugh).

Seabiscuit, hope your meeting with the nurse went well!

Vermont - congrats on the victory over meds (hopefully)! I say go for it if you're ready...hopefully the doctor will say it's okay.

:wave: to everyone else!

Also, would anyone be interested in sharing dinner meals? I find it inspiring, especially if I get into a cooking rut and need new healthy dinner ideas.

seabiscuit 04-22-2013 01:03 PM

Hello everyone ;)

Hi Ohio-

How are you doing? I hope your mood is lifting a bit.

I used to have my ears pierced but I let them close up. I hope you enjoy your piercings!

Hi Mustang-

Congrats on your run! Way to go!! :carrot: That is awesome!

I would love to share dinner meal ideas, send me a PM if you are interested. Just so you know though, I keep my meals very, very simple.

Good luck with your surgery! I hope that it works out for you.

As for me, I am doing well or at least better than I was a few days ago. I met with the nurse navigator today and that went well. I will meet with her again in a week.

Then I met with my case manager and talked about some other things such as some goals. I think we are making some progress. :D

This afternoon, I have to do laundry and then tonight I am going to watch The Voice, I love that show. Tomorrow I get up early to volunteer.

Have a nice afternoon everyone!

coffeeshopgirl 04-22-2013 09:15 PM

Hi Mustang! I'd love to share dinner ideas! I had shrimp fried rice (homemade) tonight - how about you? Good job on the run - hills and a 10:15 pace - that's awesome! I agree with your notion that weight loss/fitness is a series of small changes. I had to make several little changes, and now I think of it as a daily choice: If I decide not to be healthy today, I should definitely make a healthier choice tomorrow. Keep up the good work!

Ohiofreespirit - Glad to hear that the ear is healing. Is it just a silver bar, or did you get something different or colorful? And yeah, I would have totally cussed a bit too.

Seabiscuit - Good to hear you're feeling better. Sounds like you had a rough couple of days. *hugs* I have to do some laundry too...but I think that'll wait until Tues or Wed.

As for me, I come home and did 2 rounds of my workout tonight (1 round = 10 minutes on the elliptical + 1 round of kettle bells). I would say I burned approx 300 calories. Had my shrimp fried rice for dinner, a dinner roll, and 4 thin mint Girl Scout cookies. i'm still hungry, so I'm wondering if I need another snack or just some water.

The weekly goal is to do 2-3 rounds of my workout 4-5 nights this week. Wish me luck!

Until tomorrow everyone... :broc:

seabiscuit 04-23-2013 06:23 AM

Hey there coffeeshopgirl!

Good job on continuing the kettlebell workouts. I had done those before too and they are tough!

Thank you for the hugs! I appreciate that!

I had a good conversation with a family member last night. I am waiting until another day or so passes to talk to another family member because of our argument, we are exchanging emails and that is going well.

I am off to volunteer in a bit, and I look forward to that so I am going to get heading off.

Take care everyone ;)

Lisa_C 04-23-2013 10:28 AM

Hey girls!!!

Yes, coffeshopgirl they just put a silver bar in my ear. It looks pretty good. My ear is itching really badly. I guess that is good news, means it is healing but it is driving me batty. It doesn't even hurt that much anymore, compared to what it did before, anyway.

Grneyedmustang, you go girl, running the way you do. That is awesome. I just get tired cleaning my house. LOL Maybe some day I can work my way up to running. I'd love to get myself a bicycle and ride this summer.

seabiscuit, what do you do when you volunteer?

I feel much better today but then I have remembered to take my meds early (5 am) today. It is something that I need to do to keep myself on track.

I get paid tomorrow, can't wait. The money won't last long though. I have to put a muffler on my daughter's car.

Have a lovely day, friends.

seabiscuit 04-23-2013 01:32 PM

Hi Ohio-

Wow, 5 am sure is early! I used to get up around that time when I went to show my horse, may he rest in peace. I am glad that you are feeling better!

Now, I get up at 6 am two days a week for volunteering and to me that seems a bit early :^: When I volunteer, I sit at a desk by myself in a hallway for the radiology department of a local hospital. There I greet patients for outpatient procedures, and the ones who are having Cat Scans, I ask them to fill out paperwork. I also keep a log of inpatients who are waiting in the hallway. This is a relatively new position, it was created because a patient got up out of their gurney and fell while in the hallway. So, I sit at the desk and offer to help the fellow volunteers, techs and nurses. I volunteer eight hours a week. My cumulative hours for the time I have volunteered at this hospital is 77 hours. I used to volunteer in the orthopaedic unit for 6 months but that was for shorter shifts once a week. I have volunteered at three other hospitals and two nursing homes too. This hospital is particularly appreciative of the volunteer work that us volunteers do! We had a lovely luncheon last week in appreciation of our service, they do that every year. Also, this week is Volunteer Appreciation Week and our theme is Ready to SERVE so a lot of the hospital is decked out in red, white and blue! There were free goodies from the Volunteer Services Department, beautiful decorations, and the Radiology Department gave me red, white and bleu lea's to wear around my neck, my name was also on their door along with the other volunteers in a patriotic heart. I wore a cute starry headband too that was red, white and blue. I may not get paid any real money but I get a lot of emotional rewards and personal satisfaction from volunteering which is very rewarding.

I know that was probably more info than you needed but I am very passionate about my work.

I was having a great day then there was a snafu with a doctor's office, big sighs.

Thank you all so much for being so supportive!

Hugs...

Moreta 04-23-2013 01:49 PM

I have been so angry, at everything. I'm not sure what I can do about it. Maybe I should lower standards that I think people should live up to. It feels like I'm surrounded by stupid people at my jobs, and I can't take it anymore. I'm glad I have my husband to have a decent conversation with.

In other news, my back is not working today, so I've been hobbling around everywhere. Can't even stand up straight. So I'm angry about that too. I was going to go walking this evening, but I guess I'm not now. :mad:

seabiscuit 04-23-2013 04:02 PM

:hug: Moreta

I understand the feeling of anger, it is one I have dealt with often for a lot of my life. Sometimes it has helped me to punch or scream into pillows, shred paper with my hands, splash water in the tub, anything constructive to release the anger without being destructive. I hope you can use other coping skills to help you accept whatever you are angry at or possibly work on resolving situations and try to relax. :hug: I understand the feeling of people too, it seems there are a lot of airheads out there which is so irritating, in my humble opinion. I'm glad you have your husband!

I hear you on back issues! They are no fun. I wish I knew what to say, other than to offer support. I think people are different in what helps them for relief. I hope you can get medical attention if it gets worse or persists though.

Take care...

Lisa_C 04-23-2013 09:48 PM

Moreta,

I know what it's like to just feel angry at everything. I get that way at times. I just get pissed off at the world, my house, God, my situation in which I live, everything. I think when that happens it's my bi-polar peeking out.

I hope you feel better very soon. We are all here for you.

Moreta 04-24-2013 10:22 AM

Thanks seabiscuit and ohio, I'm not that angry today, but of course nobody has done anything stupid in me presence. lol...

I went to my job at the bakery late last night hoping everyone would be gone, but they were still there, and I still got out before them. I just go in an close the cash register, so I can do that at any time of the night. When I did counter help for 4 days (my back gave out on me), I always got out of there before 6:30. I'm just going to go in at my normal time tonight and not talk to anyone.

I went to the thrift store last night and got some clothes and I was excited about that b/c they're size 22/24. I was wearing a size 26/28. Only 10 more dress sizes to lose...lol.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Fluffypuppy 04-25-2013 12:16 AM

Hi everybody! I am new to this thread. I hope you don't mind if I jump in. I have had anxiety and depression since I graduated university in 1999. For the past while my depression has been pretty manageable but my anxiety goes up and down. It was bad tonight for many hours but is a bit better now after talking to a good friend. I was worried about finances which are very tight and then I got paranoid about something bad happening to my dogs. Specifically, I was worried that I had nicotine on my hands (from the refills for electronic cigarette) when I fed them cookies. Seems they are fine.

Seabiscuit--what kind of showing did you do with your horse? I used to ride but never could afford to get serious about it. I'm sorry your horse is no longer with us. I know what it is like to be close to an animal. I am a dog groomer and have two Pomeranians I love to bits.

MOreta--congrats on the smaller size!

Ohio--Is it an old car?

Lisa_C 04-26-2013 12:30 PM

Welcome fluffypuppy. We are so glad to have you here with us. You asked if my car was old? No, my car is a 2007 Honda Civic, it is very nice. I love it, I love it so much I even named it. lol

Guess what I did today, friends??? I finally got up my nerve and went and worked out at the local YMCA. I joined not too long ago and I finally got up my nerve to to go. I walked on the tread mill for 15 minutes and I lifted weights after that. I asked someone who works there to show me the lifting machines and he gave me a huge workout. My arms are weak now. We worked on my back, legs, different parts of my arms, shoulders and my chest muscles. For the first week, I am going to walk for 15 minutes. i really enjoyed lifting weights. i think i could get hooked on them.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

VermontMom 04-26-2013 02:35 PM

:welcome: Fluffypuppy! glad to have you here :)

Ohio - hey that is great!! :carrot: Yay to you for taking that big step! :D

I was talking about weaning myself off my meds a bit ago..now I'm not so sure. For the past week (I've had off, well been laid off) I work out in the morning, putz around a bit, then go back to bed. For a couple hours, until I wake up and am so disgusted and embarrassed with myself. I'm not lacking sleep, I sleep 8 hours a night. It's because it is still cloudy and grey and cool (or cold) out and I am just not motivated to do anything (there's PLENTY in this house for me to tackle)

I try to tell myself, what's the diff between sleeping for 2 hours, or if I chose to sit on the couch and watch a movie? Both are non-productive, but the sleeping really seems like a withdrawl from the world.

But 2 days ago when it was sunny and warm, I couldn't wait to get dolled up and got on my motorcycle and visited people! It is insane (duh) for me to be so dependent on sunny warm days to be alive!

seabiscuit 04-27-2013 12:04 PM

Hi everyone,

It is a beautiful day. I was going to get my blood drawn to see whether or not I have mono but I want to be well hydrated before I go, I don't have the greatest veins. I think I will go get it done later this week.

Moreta- Congratulations on being able to wear a smaller size! Yay! That is great news!

Fluffypuppy- Welcome! Thank you so much for your kind words about my horse, Wally. His formal name was Gotta Dance. I am looking at a photo of him and me right now from about fifteen years ago. I miss him a lot. We did showing in equitation.

I know the feeling of anxiety all too well, and it is frustrating. :hug:

Ohio- That is great about you working out at the Y! Way to go! I have a membership at my local Y too. I want to use it more. I signed up for swim lessons and want to take advantage of those.

VermontMom- :hug: I hope you make the right decision about your meds. Maybe you can talk to a counselor or therapist about this? I know the feeling of being non-productive. I waste a lot of time sleeping. I wish I had advice to give you but I send you support.

Have a good day everyone! I have my guitar lesson soon!

;)

Lisa_C 04-27-2013 11:51 PM

Hello friends,

I took one of my clients to the Y today to walk. He is very heavy and I just got him joined so we both went and walked a couple of laps around the walking track. I am still tired from yesterday's workout so i took it easy today. I am so tired tonight.

Moreta, congrats on getting in a smaller size. i love when that happens.

Vermontmom, I do the same thing, sleep when i don't need to. It is an escape for me. My therapist is aware of it and we talk about it during my sessions.

Well, i am going to get off here and lay down. it is late. sweet dreams.

VermontMom 04-28-2013 07:51 AM

good morning, the sun is shining and it will be warmer today! :carrot: that means so much to me.

forgot to congratulate moreta on being down a size!

Seabiscuit, I also wanted to say I was sorry about your horse. I was a typical horse-crazy young teenager and one year was lucky enough to be friends with a girl who had a horse and a pony, and she showed the horse, just local Pony Club stuff but they are such beautiful things!

best wishes with the blood drawing. Oh i see it's going to be next week, well best wishes then :) I had a Red Cross lady tell me I had great veins, 'like a truck driver', what??

Ohio, that is great that you took your client to the Y :) What does your therapist say about your sleep-escape?

I did not do my now-usual sleep-escape yesterday, but that was probably because my DH was here and it's too embarrassing for me to do with him around. He is very kind but he does not know what to say to me, I'm sure he's afraid of 'saying the wrong thing'.

The other day after i wrote of my escape-laziness, I did get up and then did 2 things, cleaned my desk/took care of bills/filed, and then took everything out of a cupboard that had stuff CRAMMED in it, and took care of it all. That is such a good feeling!

and yesterday I did some yard work, good sense of accomplishment. Though I was dumb and did not wear long sleeves when I was working around the blackberry patch and WOW did I get scratched up . And I did wash my motorcycle and we got a quick ride to town.

sorry all I did was blab about myself !

Lisa_C 04-28-2013 09:04 AM

Vermontmom, my therpist says just stay aware of how much I am sleeping and the reasons why I am. I know you feel guilty, I doubt you will let yourself do it very much. I am on a ton of medicine, some of it makes me very sleepy. Last night I even slept through the Nascar race. i am so mad at myself.

I am getting ready to go to church this morning. i need to find some peace and church always does it for me.

Have a wonderful Sunday, ladies.

seabiscuit 04-28-2013 02:25 PM

hurtful comment

I am a bit irritated, my neighbor commented on my weight gain again. She is an elderly lady and she means well but when she saw me coming out of my apartment she put her hands on my shoulders and said "I want you to lose weight, you're getting too heavy. I'm concerned about you." I walked away and said, "Be quiet, it's not your business." I think that she knows that it is none of her business but that is not stopping her from being a busybody. I have been friendly with her, we both volunteer locally and she drove me to a local luncheon for volunteers, she can be friendly but she is a firecracker. She acts like I am her granddaughter and in some ways I am flattered that she cares but in other ways, I really wish she would mind her business. When she first made the initial comment about my having gained weight about a month or two ago, I had just started on Risperdal and it had increased my appetite a lot, I had gained weight. I don't think it was fair of her to point that out to me, what good does that do? Lately I have been incredibly fatigued. My neighbors are used to seeing me wait for the bus in the morning for work and some of them don't know that I don't work anymore. A lot of them are busybodies. I just don't know what to do. I live in an apartment complex where it is hard to avoid neighbors and I just want to be left alone. A lot of my elderly neighbors wouldn't understand about my mental illness which is why I don't talk about it.

I feel really frustrated and irritated.

Lisa_C 04-28-2013 06:59 PM

seabiscuit,

I am so sorry. What she did was so rude, even if she didn't mean to be. Please please try not to let it bother you too much. You are beautiful inside and out, know it, believe it. Don't let one person bother you. Did you say something to her, i didn't catch whether you did or not?

Believe in yourself and your own beauty.

I went back to the Y today and walked for 15 minutes, then worked out with weights. I'm taking it easy and not trying to kill myself. i thought about walking for 20 minutes but decided not to push it. i had the treadmill set on 2.5.

Have a great Sunday evening. It is back to work for me tomorrow. bleh

seabiscuit 04-28-2013 08:16 PM

Hey there Ohio-

Good for you for going to the Y! I need to get back there! My Y is within walking distance and it feels great when I go.

Thank you for your support. I greatly appreciate your kind words. It hurt when she was rude to me like that.

This is what happened: I walked out of my apartment door, which is in a complex, and across the hallway, she and the lady who lives across the hall were talking. I think I said "Hello" and the lady who lives across the hall said "we were just talking about you," and I said with a smile, "I bet you were." Here's where the other lady comes in, she put her hands on my shoulders which I thought was inappropriate and said something like "I want you to lose weight. You're getting too heavy." I turned and walked down the hall to go to the laundry room and I said, "Be quiet, it's not your business." She said, "I'm concerned about you." I didn't say anything and then I heard the lady who lives across the hallway say to her, "Did you hear what she said, it's not your business." She said, "I know" and then said something else that I couldn't hear. I went back into my apartment, cried, sulked and was very depressed. I am a very sensitive person.

Then I talked to other people in my life and in the grand scheme of things, I am concerned more with other things, I have bigger fish to fry as they say than to worry about my neighbor but it did upset me and it hit a raw nerve. This neighbor also commented on whether or not I was going to work when I was working and shortly after I quit my job. There are a lot of busybodies around here which will drive me crazy if I let them. I went for a walk and that felt good. I wrote about these events in a log in my DBT book. I have missed the last two sessions although I am only going every other week. I am looking forward to going this week. I want to work on my mindless eating too, I do that out of stress. I left a message for my therapist too because I was stressed, there are some things on my mind.

Well, I better get going. Thank you for your support!!! ;)

Have a nice night.

Lisa_C 04-29-2013 12:28 PM

You are in DBT, that is wonderful. I am too, it helps me a lot. My therapist is the bomb. I have a folder that I take to every meeting. I write in it when something bothers me and then we talk about it. Right now we talk about my anxiety and things I can do to make it better.

I took the day off from the gym today. My legs feel weak, they are shaky so I will give them the day off and head back tomorrow. It could just be my shaking leg syndrome bothering me but I'm not going to overdue it, just incase it is from exercise.

I have the day off work today. My client's mother called me last night and said she was taking the day off work today. (monday) I will go back to work on Tuesday. It's so nice not to have to go today, I feel so free. LOL

Have a wonderful day, ladies. I will check back in soon. Much love to all.

seabiscuit 04-29-2013 02:32 PM

Hey there Ohio-

I am glad that you are getting a lot out of DBT too! I will go to my group this Thursday and then again in two weeks. It is very helpful to me. We use a workbook which I like.

I hope your legs get stronger, they probably will with your going to the gym.

That's nice that you have the day off to yourself.

It is a rainy day here, and there is rain forecasted for tomorrow here too. Unfortunately I had to cancel some appointments because I don't drive, but I was able to reschedule them.

I am leaving in about fourty five minutes to go to my gastroenterologist and then get some a blood test done. I hope things go well!

Take care. Have a nice day!