3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   Monday, May 19 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/27775-monday-may-19-a.html)

cathyxxx 05-19-2003 10:21 AM

Monday, May 19

Good Morning Chickadees!

I am so busy this week that I feel like a chicken running around with my head cut off - crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrazy! lol

I stayed with my grandmother yesterday at the hospital and I will go again today right after work to relieve my mom. The rest of the week I will be busy getting everything together for my son's graduation party Friday night after the ceremony.

My lunchhours are gonna be busy getting everything together, and then Thursday night we are decorating the youth house at our church for his party. Friday there are some ceremonies at school we need to be at, and then graduation that night, and then the big celebration! Saturday I have a couple of celebrations to go to for some of the other youth, and Sunday will be jam packed. We recognize the seniors in the 11:00 service, then we all set up memory booths for the seniors with their pics and memories, and then on Sunday night we do a slide presentation with their pictures set to music (I always cry like a baby) and then a fellowship in their honor. We have at least 40 high school seniors graduating at our church. It will be a crazy (BUT BLESSED) week!

BTW, I'm gonna eat as much protein this week as possible, with very little carbs. Anybody else want to join me?

what's everybody else to?

hugs,
Cathy :wave:

JudoMom 05-19-2003 01:35 PM

hey there Cathyx's~

I started Induction on Atkins last Tuesday, so am doing lotsa protein/limited carbs too. Lost 5 this week *vbs. I know it will slow down but what a great kickstart!! As I said on the low carb board, I couldn't lose 5 pounds GLUED to WW in 2 months!

Weekend is going toooooooo fast (long weekend for us here in Canada).

Congrats on your son graduating! Was a proud moment for us, as our son suffers from AD/HD and depression. 37% of kids with AD/HD never graduate high school. Most of them are average to above average intelligence too. AD/HD takes a real toll on education and the workforce. They are 8x as likely to be fired or not promoted as someone without AD/HD. We still struggle with him, and he still struggles with it and the depression. Summers are usually better. The lack of light up here in winter really affects him (and me). He's now 20.

Is your grandmother doing better?

I'm off to work on my (never-ending it seems) thesis. Have a great day!!

cathyxxx 05-19-2003 02:08 PM

Hey Judomom - wow you lost 5 lbs in the first week! that is totally awesome! you must be really excited! I sure would be! funny how some of us just seem to have to eat low carb in order to get our bodies to let loose of any of this weight!

I totally understand what you are saying about your some Judomom. My son also has a chemical imbalance (I think you and I have talked a little about this) and the stats I have read about his disorder said that 50% don't finish school! Thank the Good Lord he is in the 50% that DO GRADUATE!!!! yea! we are very proud of him!!!!! and he is doing great thanks to meds, and counseling and prayer and prayer and prayer (along with supportive family and friends).

Thanks for asking about my grandmother - she looks much better then she did a week ago, but has a long way to go. They do not know if she will ever be able to get out of bed again, but she has made so much progress in the last week that you just never know! Please keep her in your prayers.

where is the rest of our gang hanging out? have we run somebody off ? I sure hope I haven't done anything to offend anyone? I'm missing my internet buddies.

hugs,
Cathy :wave:

JudoMom 05-19-2003 02:21 PM

psssst Cathy... I frequent two other sites (non diet) and things are quieter there as of late. I think it's that spring/summer are here and people are just out and about.

You could be right about talking about this before. I'm sorry for my poor memory. I "lost" a lot of months when my own depression was bad. Counsellor and I now figure it was there months before it was finally diagnosed. And I came here as I was "coming back to life". Sure don't wanna ever go there again! It truly is a black hole.

I wish our son would stick to his meds, but he is still trying to come to grips with his disorders. Until he does, all we can do is be there for him and continue with prayers. He moved out (in a rage-and by his choice) last fall. Our daughter is now getting some truly deserved quality mom and dad time. I love my son to pieces, but his moving out was the best thing for all of us. We continue to supplement him now and then, as he's working minimum wage jobs, but it's well worth it for all of us.

Huge step for him 2 weeks ago - he got his hair cut! Mom sprung for it, as he was broke, but understand this was a mess of hair, not cut in over 18 months, in dreadlocks and a scraggly 6" goatee and looooooooooong sideburns to boot. He has it very short, gelled and trimmed the goatee and shortened the burns... and does he look handsome again!! Maybe I'm getting my son back :)

I am completing my master's thesis (Special Educ) on AD/HD and the need for pre-service teachers to get training in working with these kids before the pre-service teachers ever get student teaching. I'm nearly done. With any luck, I'll finish it end of June or so and graduate in Oct. It's because of my son I chose this topic. It's been a very difficult thing for me as so much emotion is involved, but in a way, it's been therapeutic.

Anyway.. am off to work on it again.

I'll keep your grandmother in my prayers Cathy *hug*... I've been down that road with my maternal grandmother myself.