Thursday 4/24

• Hi gang. I've been MIA for a while now but have thought of all of you each day. I have not messed with the computer much, just long enough to download my email and send a few out.

My face is still giving me heck. The dosepak worked to a degree but I keep getting "hit." We've not been able to figure out what is getting me. It must be airborne. I went to see the doc Monday and she gave me another dosepak but I've held off. All I want to do is eat eat eat when taking it. Instead I am using Benydryl which is helping some. I hate taking steroids.

I have worn a pony tail (one tail Linda, not 3!!! heehee) for 5 weeks now. I want so bad to go in and color my hair but if I get the dye on my face it will make it worse. I hate me right now. I look a mess.

I see we've got some newbies. Welcome!!

I will post more later but for now I need to go hit the shower.
  • Good Morning Sweetpea! It is so good to see you posting. I've been missing you!

I am so sorry you are having such a bad time right now! You need to get better girlie! I hope this all passes quickly!

Are yall chatting at night? I've been in several times between 9 and 11 my time, and always find the place empty? was wondering where the night time gang is?

hope everybody else checks in today.

later gaters
    cathy
  • Hey Sweets!!!! So glad to see you back. I hate to hear that you are still having problems. PLease don't hate yourself, you are a beautiful person no matter what is happening on the outisde.

April I was on Effexor for about 4 months. (I think) I tried Paxil first and then Serzone so I don't know the exact time frame. I know that I seeing a retunr of the reasons I was taking the stuff in the first place though. I thought I might try to take St. John's Wort again. I used to take it a few years ago and I noticed a difference with it.

I am pretty busy today at work as usual. I wanted to stop and make time for my 3fc friends though. I have to remind myself that you guys are what keeps me grounded.

to all who show up later.
  • Good morning everyone

Kemp......getting off Effexor can have lots of withdrawal symptoms.....one of them can be depression....even feeling sad or down. Last spring I tried to go off the Effexor....was only on it for a few months....was on the lowest dose...when I went off it.....I was very sad & spent most of each day in bed for a week until I went back to the doctor & went back on it. It can be very hard to get off of.

Life is getting back to normal here.....am all unpacked & have been catching up with the laundry. Yesterday I did well with eating....even went for a walk yesterday. I even did some housework yesterday!!! I don't like housework much....but it has to be done.

Last week.... from Monday to Thursday....there were 3 dogs here at times....DS2 was here visiting with his dog....DS3 came over quite a bit with his puppy.....so when I got back from our trip...the kitchen floor was quite dirty....so I washed it yesterday.

Hi SweetPea....glad to see you back.....hope you are feeling better soon.

Hi Cathy

Well I have to get back to some more cleaning here. Have a great day.

April
  • Hi girls,

Good to see you all.
    I'm still here, work work work...boring but I shouldn't really complain huh.

Lets see its thursday YAHOOOOOO one more day until the weekend

Don't know what I'll be doing but I do know it won't be much. Gonna take it easy since the house is pretty tidy (for once). Tonight is laundry night, gonna try to finish it.

Have a great night !!!
  • Finally I am posting!
    It has been a busy day!

I had my yearly physical...nothing really much came out of that...all is well.

Then I went to the gym.

Picked up dd5 from Kindergarten.

Then met a friend for lunch.

It has been a very relaxing day but I haven't gotten much done.

Oh well Not like the mess is going anywhere.

Nice to see everyone posting....

I work 9-5 tomorrow...strange hours for a nurse....should be intersting...with all this SARS stuff going on in the media it is a little scary being on the front line in the ER but anyhow not much I can do about it.

I love what I do so much...if you love what you do you will never work a day in your life and I truly feel that way. I couldnt' imagine not liking what I do.

Have a good one everyone and hang in there!

Eliz
  • Hi Sweet Pea and everyone,
    I'm a "newbie" and appreciate the welcome. I hope your face is doing well. Allergies, I would guess, is what you're referring to (?).
    Another lovely day in Connecticut. I think all my talking about comfort/cheating with food was, I now recognize, a little "poor me". Well- enough of that- it's not going to get me where I want to be in life.
    I take care of patients at work, I take care of my children and I take care of my ill husband: I wasn't at all prepared for myself to become injured or ill. I am finding it a little easier each day to delegate household responsibilities to children and friends who ask if they can help. My first thought is to say, "Thanks, but I can handle it. I'm all set." Now, if anyone offers help I sure hope she means it as I say, "Yes, I can use a hand".
    Liz, we RNs are sometimes a stubborn bunch, aren't we?
    It's been nice having my family around and it is also such a blessing to me that I "discovered" this web site and this forum. I come in late at night and look forward to this as my special time.
    I hope you all don't mind a chatty newbie, LOL!
    I read every post every day (depression and weight issues) and am beginning to feel as if I know you all a little.
    Happy Good Friday to any Orthodox church members.
    God Bless,

Enja