Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 11-25-2012, 06:05 PM   #16  
on a journey

Hello ladies. I am just checking in. How is everyone doing.

Clutter is one thing I don't have a problem with but keeping up with my cleaning is. I just can't seem to tackle my kitchen, it is a disaster. I am way overwhelmed. I need to just do a little bit each day but that is easier said than done.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:04 PM   #17  

S/C/G: S290/C ticker/G 190

Height: 5'11"

I hear ya all on the house cleaning, we always seem to have too much clutter and not enough time to deal with it all. Every once in a while I go on a tear and toss a bunch of stuff, but most of the time I feel kind of defeated by it all. Doesn't help that hubby and dd 7 and dd 10 aren't exactly neat - they generally don't pick up after themselves, and I don't know how to get them to do it. Nagging, yelling, setting aside time to help/teach, buying new organization stuff etc. hasn't worked yet. I know I feel better when the place is cleaner, it's not so overwhelming and hard to get going, but getting there seems like a huge mountain to climb. I'm hoping that the extra energy and stuff that comes with a healthy diet and exercise makes it seem more manageable.
scoutycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:25 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Two months later I check in....gah atleast I am steady at checking in every two months!!

Things have been crazy here with the church, homeschooling, also have a few in christian school, volunteering at the school...etc. I just got a part time job at the gym which comes with free membership!! YAAAA! I haven't been in a gym since April before we moved here!

I have majorly went up in weight...not back at where I started like 2 years ago but close. DEPRESSING. I am down to two pairs of jeans and they hurt when I put them on...most of my dress clothes dont fit. I cant and wont go buy bigger stuff. But i hate walking around in a tshirt (you know as a pastors wife i should atleast look decent and not and raggy old tshirts I have had for years)
I just cant seem to get the will power to control the food..its just coming sooo slowly! I haven't had soda in 3 days and plan on keeping it that way.... I have gotten back into the water. I think I am stressing and not realizing it because my dyslexia kicked back in.

My oldest is turning 10 and he is adhd and on meds and he gets so cranky sometimes and just miserable. I feel bad but he is always doing something to get in trouble or hurt someone (just the fighting stuff and ends up getting to rough). I don't know what else to do for him I don't want him to feel like he cant do anything right. I understand he is probably just going through a stage but still....

Anyways thats about it!! Sorry it took so long to get back here! I feel bad I have been forgetting to reply to people or text people so I feel like I am slippin!! LOL
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:45 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 210/187/160

Height: 5'7

In NYC here.

Going to snow tomorrow and I am not looking forward to that.

Happy I am getting on top of my studies and final papers. I've been a terrible student. Hope to change that next year. Finals are coming up and I am feeling anxious about it.

Enjoying eating stewed apples for snack. So good and I love the smell of cinnamon and apples cooking. I know this sounds random lol.

Its the TOM for me and I've been in a terrible mood all day. I was feeling worthless and hopeless about everything. Trying to just get through it.

Last edited by Ambrosia; 11-26-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Ambrosia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:40 PM   #20  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyrider72472 View Post
If I had my way--- my home would look close to a hotel room..... just few things out and "sleek" looking. And instead it looks like a very cluttered home. To top it off, instead of working on, I focus on how cluttered it is.... and I take a 3-4 hour nap..... I guess b/c in my sleep, I don't think about eating and cleaning...

Any ideas are welcome.
Oh Tammy!! I'm not in nice hotel rooms often but when I am, I YEARN for my home to be the same. Just a couple bare essentials out. It's so calming for me. I have to say, having tossed so much out of the living room, and now having an empty corner with fresh white walls is sooo nice. We still have the old couch and old easy chair but it has been fine doing this in stages.

and I wonder if when I do my 'sleep escapes' (going back to bed on my days off for hours and hours) it's because I don't have to think about the work of decluttering, throwing out and facing the consequences, or what I should be not eating. Struggles! but some days the struggling is harder, some days it is almost non-existent.

Momof4!! always good to know you are still out there I'm so sorry about the gain..I have gained some and it just sux to feel those tight pants and I also REFUSE to buy something bigger. Yet I continue to have sugary calorie filled stuff because I can't seem to stop. I'm sorry that your son is having a tough time now too. I hope it's a stage.

Hi to the newbies!!!!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:45 PM   #21  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

My good streak was bound to end sooner or later. I have not much interest in anything now. Our re-decorating living room project has ground to a halt and I am just feeling hopeless and stupid that I thought it could ever be done. My birthday is tomorrow and I know I'm a grown woman, it shouldnt be a big deal or even any kind of deal but my DH will produce a computer printed card, my sons will forget to call, and I will miss my birthday card in the mail from my mom (passed away)

I realize I've forgotton to take my Wellbutrin for many days now, maybe a week?? or maybe it's TOM, or that it's snowy and cold.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:42 PM   #22  

S/C/G: S290/C ticker/G 190

Height: 5'11"

Funny how we can know it's cold, or our meds are off, or it's TOM and that's affecting our mood but it doesn't really matter in the laest - things can still seem so bleak and pointless! It would be so nice if just knowing made it easy to shake off.

I'm doing pretty well these days, I freaked myself out a bit last night reading up on endocrine disorders and getting a little hypochondriac with all the web info. But today I've got a better perspective, and had a nice day out with my kids and family, out to an Indian restaurant for dinner and then to a gospel choir concert. The restaurant had a buffet, which I would usually want to avoid, but I was careful to go easy on the deep fried things, have some veggies and stuff I knew was lower cal, and stop when I wasn't hungry any more. I probably ate less than half of what I would have 3 months ago, and had saved a bunch of calories for it anyways (altho I didn't know how to count it up so I just called it 1500 cals, hopefully it wasn't over that but who knows what they buttered & added fat to?) and even if I was off by a bit I'm about 2500 calories under my goal for the week anyways so I'm still not 'cheating'.
scoutycat is offline   Reply With Quote