Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-30-2012, 11:40 AM   #1  
Kelsey

S/C/G: 9st3lb/9st3lb/8st00lb

Height: 5ft 5"

Unhappy Weightloss Problem

Hey girls

I'm new, my names Kelsey, I'm 20 and I have a big body issue :/ even though I'm a healthy weight, I have a large stomach that makes me look like I'm 5 months pregnant, literally (I actually had someone ask me if I was pregnant) and I have big thighs but yet my legs and wrists/arms are skinny. I don't know what to do! When I cut out fatty stuff and just eat what I'm given, my stomach goes down but my thighs don't. I don't want to crash diet but I need some help :'(
kelseyoakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #2  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Since you are about 129lbs at 5'5, no way you should have a large stomach. I'd suggest going to the doctor to be sure everything is okay, y'know? Just saying.

If you already did and everything is fine, then I guess I suggest weight training - lifting heavy to "tone" your body but you will stay the same weight. Just less body fat, more muscle.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

I agree with getting yourself checked out (are you certain you're NOT pregnant?). Then, if you're ok, I'd start with weight training and a really good diet (whole foods)to change your body composition. That is, increase muscle and decrease fat. Less jiggle. Take care.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:22 PM   #4  
Kelsey

I've had a big stomach for years :/ luckily I'm off next week so I'm going to get to the doctors.I'm always bloated when I'm eating the right foods and drinking plenty of water. I just don't understand why I'm at a healthy weight for my height and the right BMI and I have a big stomach. I can post a picture if you guys want?
Old 06-01-2012, 06:46 PM   #5  
Warrior Princess

Question

Maybe you have some sort of food issue/sensitivity that causes unusual stomach bloat? I can't imagine at 5'5" and 129p looking pregnant. Can you post a pic? I'm genuinely curious.

My avatar photo is me, same height at 150 pounds. When I was your weight (pre-kid) I was VERY thin.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #6  
small goals

S/C/G: 241/171/150

Height: 5'6"

I can't help but wonder what your consider a big stomach, many women have issues with seeing their bodies they way they actually are and focus on perceived flaws and exaggerate them (body dysmorphic disorder), so do post a pic of yourself. It might not appear as big as you think.
gonnadoitthistime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #7  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

Are you a beer fan? I heard beer does that to you... gives a 'beer gut'...
LittleBlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:52 PM   #8  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Could be dairy/gluten intolerance causing the bloating too. Or any kind of food sensitivity for that matter. I second the Doctors visit and doing some weight training/core exercises. Good luck and I hope you get it sorted. Let us know
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #9  
emaline29

S/C/G: 226/202/154

Height: 4'11"

I agree with what has been said..I think a visit to the doctor would be the best move firstly and other than that a few tummy exercises..All the best to you.
emaline29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #10  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

absolutely could be caused by "food" issues...... artificial sweeteners/sugar free gum can casue sever lower abdominal bloat. Any thing that effets your gastr-intestinal area will cause it. Personal question, but do you have any "bathroom" issues on a fairly regular basis?
Id be willing to bed it is some sort of sensitivty to a food you are eating......

But yes! please post a pic!! i think we are all curious (genuinely)
SOmetimes i suffer severe constipation, and the lower abdominal bloat makes me look preggos
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

I think it's probably 2 things: 1) you are skinny-fat, meaning you don't weigh a lot, but you don't have much muscle, so you appear fatter than you are. and 2) our bodies are just all shaped differently, some people carry fat on their stomach, i have always had a problem with my thighs, not stomach...even at my lowest weigh, my thighs were big.
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:15 PM   #12  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I'm around your height and weight and I have a big floppy stomach - not bloat so much as loose skin I suspect since I've yo-yoed. People seem to think healthy weight = thin but it's not always that way.

What are you eating/how much/you're sure you don't have food sensitivities? What you describe sounds like BLOAT rather than fat, but if you're very apple shaped it could be some of both.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #13  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I'm the same height as you and at 129 I would like insanely skinny. If you truly do have a bloated belly, I would definitely be concerned about a medical component. Many issues can cause severe bloating, and some aren't that serious and can be resolved with diet but others can be very serious (such as ovarian cancer) so definitely see a doctor.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #14  
Beyonce got NOTHIN on me

S/C/G: 180/ticker/127ish?

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
but others can be very serious (such as ovarian cancer) so definitely see a doctor.
I second this... I actually have a close friend who went to the doctor because she had a large, hard stomach and they found it was ovarian cancer. So please get yourself checked out.
bodyTOObootylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:51 AM   #15  
Kelsey

Hi ladies, I don't think I've got any food sensitivities as I can eat what I like but since December I've cut out all fat like chocolate and crisps. With bathroom issues I can't seem to empty my bowels very often and I have a very weak bladder due to being born at 1lb 3oz and I had to wear dry nites till I was about 11 :/ I've not been able to get to the doctors as of yet but I will post a picture later on, thank you for your concerns x