3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   worst day ever (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/242450-worst-day-ever.html)

emiingham 09-05-2011 05:10 PM

worst day ever

Ok, I started my day very happy then everything just went wrong!

1. I came on around mid-day, and have craved chocolate the rest of the day.
2. I am upset for no reason, and just want some unhealthy food. My first few days were easy compared to today.
3. I am being generally cold and pissy with my husband due to being upset.

All in all, today has being crap :(

Astrild 09-05-2011 05:17 PM

I'm probably going to sound like a jerk, but let's practice some positive thinking.

1. Chocolate probably tastes good to most people. The ability to enjoy food is a good thing. Sometime you might lose it to depression. Let yourself have some.
2. One bad day isn't so bad. If you had easier days before, chances are you'll have easier days again.
3. You have a husband. Unless he's a jerk, don't take him for granted. Take a deeep breath and try to relax. Then treat him and yourself to some kindness.

Hope you feel better.

emiingham 09-05-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astrild (Post 4021217)
I'm probably going to sound like a jerk, but let's practice some positive thinking.

1. Chocolate probably tastes good to most people. The ability to enjoy food is a good thing. Sometime you might lose it to depression. Let yourself have some.
2. One bad day isn't so bad. If you had easier days before, chances are you'll have easier days again.
3. You have a husband. Unless he's a jerk, don't take him for granted. Take a deeep breath and try to relax. Then treat him and yourself to some kindness.

Hope you feel better.

I know I was probably overdoing it, but I was just venting. I really appreciate your comments :) I have calmed down a bit, and I know it's going to be hard. I won't be letting myself have any chocolate though, because if I do, I know I won't just be able to have a little bit. Thanks for helping :)

MacAndEase 10-16-2011 07:46 PM

I was actually having a bad day myself. My eating schedule was messed up, and i gave myself into cookies n' creme Hershey bar.
:'(

Visionary 10-16-2011 08:48 PM

I understand, spent half the day in bed with back pain.

I did make myself put on my tennis shoes and go for a 2 mile walk and do some shopping. Was not my perky self, but did feel proud of myself for getting myself moving. Sometimes just some easy walking can really help alot. Maybe your hubby will go for a nice walk with you? Just a thought.

I understand the crabby part too. Sometimes,when I am in one of my moods, I am just edgy and not nice to family members. I say I'm sorry and really think it's pre-menopausal stuff. I'm 49. Hormones can do that!!!

When those times hit, the best thing I find is to NOT do anything really important and just be as kind as you can with yourself. I know when I crave chocolate, I make a BIG chocolate healthy smoothie and NOT junk. It is amazing that we can feed into those cravings in a healthy way. But your craving for a reason. I find deprivation is the worst thing you can do when you feel bad.