Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-15-2011, 04:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Size 22/Size 14/Size 10

Height: 5'8

Default Starting to get depressed again...

Last time I weighed myself a few days ago, I weighed 175. Last year at this time, I weighed 250. That's 75 pounds, right?

So why doesn't it look like it?

I've been through so much while gaining this weight. And I've went through **** losing it, including going through an eating disorder. I exercise until I feel warn out, to the point where it becomes a priority over my studies at times (which is awful, because I'm lucky to even be here at school as a first-gen student). I am only able to work out about 3 times a week now, which makes me even more anxious.

And my stomach. I'm starting to think it's never going to go away. That large amount of flab is going to stay there forever, isn't it? No matter how hard I try, it just stays. Maybe I'm not trying enough? But I thought I gave it my all. I don't know anymore

Maybe I'm just being too emotional and impatient. But it's making me sad, especially when you see people say they only lost, like, 20 pounds, and their stomach looks extremely flabby to extremely toned in before and after picture.

I guess I just need support and reassurance...does the belly flab ever go away?Does the obsession ever go away? Do the relapses in depression and taking terrible measures to lose weight continue?
ZebraBri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:12 PM   #2  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Wink

Hi, I want to give you some support. First of all, congratulations on your weight loss, that is awesome!!!!! Way to go!!

I have bipolar and had depression before that, and can relate to the depression. It is very frustrating. Do you have a good support team like a psychiatrist or therapist who can help you out?

Keep on believing in yourself and don't give up!!
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:52 PM   #3  

Location: Varies I travel a lot grew up on the reservation Currently in Oklahoma wife of a Military Officer so we go where the Airforce dictates

S/C/G: 218pounds/218pounds

Height: 5ft8

sweetheart....

you just became my rolemodel! that is an INCREDIBLE amount of weightloss!!!! KUDOS!!!! honey you know why you can't see it?? because you are looking to hard... you see yourself every day so of course -YOU- won't notice... when we work so hard at it we keep seeing what we looked like BEFORE.. not after... Is that you in the photo?? you look GORGEOUS Please do not sweat it!

and for the record the tummy will always be the problem area you are just being so hard on yourself you shouldn't girl you are gorgeous... we are here for you and I am too I would love to know just how you did it because I do not think I could have kept to it like you...you have done REMARKABLE!!!! that is almost an entire person...well dang near it!

I know how it is to be depressed... if you ever ever need someone to talk or just listen PM me on here ill drop you my info to chat...but im looking at what you went through a 22 to a 10 sweetheart..... you just... wow... that is incredible..... and you have to think muscle weighs more anyway! the obsession goes away but you have to let it.. you have to go out with a friend that hasn't seen you in awhile to confirm the weight loss so YOU know...we spend so much time staring at a scale... and a mirror we don't see the changes... but I know we all need a good friend :-)
Lakota Beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: Size 22/Size 14/Size 10

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
Hi, I want to give you some support. First of all, congratulations on your weight loss, that is awesome!!!!! Way to go!!

I have bipolar and had depression before that, and can relate to the depression. It is very frustrating. Do you have a good support team like a psychiatrist or therapist who can help you out?

Keep on believing in yourself and don't give up!!
Thank you for the support. And yeah, it is very frustrating. I saw a therapist back in May for my eating disorder, but I really don't want to go back. Nothing against them, I just feel I should be over this by now. But I still cannot see myself correctly, apparently I'll try to believe in myself though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakota Beauty View Post
sweetheart....

you just became my rolemodel! that is an INCREDIBLE amount of weightloss!!!! KUDOS!!!! honey you know why you can't see it?? because you are looking to hard... you see yourself every day so of course -YOU- won't notice... when we work so hard at it we keep seeing what we looked like BEFORE.. not after... Is that you in the photo?? you look GORGEOUS Please do not sweat it!

and for the record the tummy will always be the problem area you are just being so hard on yourself you shouldn't girl you are gorgeous... we are here for you and I am too I would love to know just how you did it because I do not think I could have kept to it like you...you have done REMARKABLE!!!! that is almost an entire person...well dang near it!

I know how it is to be depressed... if you ever ever need someone to talk or just listen PM me on here ill drop you my info to chat...but im looking at what you went through a 22 to a 10 sweetheart..... you just... wow... that is incredible..... and you have to think muscle weighs more anyway! the obsession goes away but you have to let it.. you have to go out with a friend that hasn't seen you in awhile to confirm the weight loss so YOU know...we spend so much time staring at a scale... and a mirror we don't see the changes... but I know we all need a good friend :-)
Thank you for the reply It's so hard to not be hard on myself when it seems as if my body doesn't make sense. 75 POUNDS. You'd think my belly would be gone. Does it take 100 pounds? 130 pounds? How many pounds does it take until it doesn't look like a blob anymore, you know? I hate it.

I'm currently a size 14, and my goal for now is a ten. But I have a feeling I won't even be satisfied then, if my weight loss keeps not looking like much to me. But I thank you so much for your reply and your support.
ZebraBri is offline   Reply With Quote