3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   Monday, Jan 20th - Daily (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/23983-monday-jan-20th-daily.html)

Leenie 01-20-2003 07:59 AM

Monday, Jan 20th - Daily

Good Morning,

I just wanted to get this started, I'll be back later :)

COFFEEEEEEEE !

Leens

cathyxxx 01-20-2003 09:54 AM

Good Morning!

I'm at work, but no one is around and I think I will play on the computer for a little while before getting to the paperwork.

I did not wake up in time to do my walking tape, so I may try to go walk at the mall during lunch - not sure yet - but I sure need the exercise so maybe I will make myself do that today.

Hope everybody had a good weekend and hope everybody takes a minute to post a quick message.

hugs,
Cathy :wave:

Leenie 01-20-2003 10:26 AM

Hey Cath, I'm here too. We don't get off on MLK's day either.

Weekend was nice, to cold to go out but nice to stay in and make some stew and a turkey. I sent away for a low carb cook book can't wait to get it hmmm hmmm hummm hummm !!! I realize I could never do NO carb but low is the best way for me to go.

I need a serious hair cut, my hair is all the way down my back and getting to long to manage. It looks very sloppy because its thin, the guy who cut it the last time gave me layers and butchered my hair.....I'm so mad but what can you do but let it grow in. Time for a new me :yes: but I'm to bak bak bak to do anything drastic and short hair isn't even an option...ick (on me that is).

Peg 01-20-2003 10:51 AM

Hi you guys,

Sorry ya gotta work today, but be glad you got jobs, I'm still looking, and getting nowhere, guess I'll take a class.

I've gotta get in to get a color correction on my hair, I colored it, suspose to be dark brown, it came out jet black, I hate going out in public, don't need this problem, may be meds has something to do with it. :eek:

take care, don't work too hard :df:

p.s. Cathy, I was born on the same date as you but in 1961

cathyxxx 01-20-2003 11:36 AM

Hey Ladypal - so we are just 2 years apart! cool!

Don't ya just hate it when the color doesn't come out like the color on the box. Hopefully it was fade quickly and be the brown you wanted instead of the black.

Low carb is the way for me too Leens - I can't do only 20 grams a day like Atkins does for the first 2 weeks - it is just too restrictive and makes me crave it so bad, so I just stick to complex carbs like wheat bread and stuff like that. It's not too hard. I try really hard not to have any carbs at supper - just meat and veggies. You'll have to share some low carb recipes when you get your book!

cathy

Tippy 01-20-2003 12:53 PM

Our provider had major problems this morning and this is the first time I'm on-line. Oy vey! Talk about withdrawal pains. BUT, I'm amazed at what I've gotten done around here today.:D

Over the weekend we did some research on bread machines since mine is slowly dying. I'm getting one that has all the bells and whistles. I want to be able to make whole wheat bread without burning out the motor. And sauerkraut rye bread and buttermilk honey bread and -and- and! I love to set the timer feature and wake up to freshly baked bread still warm.

Right now I'm making jerky in the dehydrator. R likes to munch on it while he works and it is a nice low carb treat. I also have sloppy joes in the crockpot and have the ground beef sauted and drained for the casseriole tomorrow. Oh, and there is a chicken defrosting for chicken, veggie, noodle soup on Wednesday.

The weekend was uneventful. DD, Zookeeper, went and helped her father clean up the shop after the fire. Now, the insurance company is saying the A word. What a mess.

Well, I should clean up the kitchen. when I make a mess, I make a BIG one.

Leenie 01-20-2003 04:08 PM

Yummmmmy Tippy, what time is dinner ?

I love my bread machine, I don't use it often because thats trouble, there's nothing like a delicious warm slice of fresh bread oozing w/butter mmmmmmmmmmm or pnut butter (especially when the pnut butter melts) DROOL !!

Tonight is left over beef stew, salad and italian bread (day old but it will do)..

Daaaaaay Old !!
Daaay Old !!
Day light come and me wanna go home !!
Daaaaaay Old !!
Daaaay Old !!

Lady, dark brown dye turned my hair jet black also - YEARS ago, gee I thought they would have had that down better by now.

Talk to you chickies tomorrow.

Linny thanks for the info on Depression, I know this will help ALOT of folks who have questions. Your the best.

Love, Leenie

liz321 01-20-2003 05:08 PM

Suppose you are all gone for the day?

Well I was sleeping all day.....just finished a stretch of nights.

Going to curves for the second time today...ate light all weekend...otherwise all is quiet.

I will post more tomorrow.

Liz

april99 01-20-2003 07:17 PM

Hi ladies,

I am still around....haven't posted since Friday....am still feeling better....but I feel so tired...maybe it is the antidepressants....am doing the light therapy for 2 more weeks...5 days a week....am going to go have a nap....will try to come back later.

April

CIN 01-20-2003 07:50 PM

Hi Ladies.................
I am a little late! Ha! Remember I promised myself no 3FC chicks or posting UNTIL my exercise? Well I didnt exercise until 5 PM.........then had to do other "domestic godess"chores and get gas in the car plus run to the drug store....................Just had supper and thought I would relax a bit! ( Finally!!)

The day certainly whizzed by......................hope some come into chat this evening!

Until next time
CIN
:o :s: :smug: :D :p

PS I stayed within my points today....as a matter of fact I dont have one single one left but hey...it is almost 8PM!