Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-08-2011, 06:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

Smile July chat

Hey girls thought id start a new page up. I hope your all well :d i only have 2.5lbs to loose by the end of the month for my birthday goal i hope i get it xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

I guess we are into july...LOL....You can do those lbs!!!!!!! GO GET EM!!!!!!!
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:36 PM   #3  

I won a free training session at the gym!!!! YESSSSS...just what I need to get outta my plateau!! lol
Old 07-08-2011, 01:39 PM   #4  

cheers hun let us know how the free training goes xxx
Old 07-08-2011, 06:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 208/141/120

Height: 5ft 4inch

ems is it your 30th? i think i remember something from before. its mine on the 26th im having 3 parties! but its the 1st one with my friends that i am looking forward to the most.... hee hee stay away from leichester square in the 22nd its gonna be messy

anyway hows everyone doing? i am just back from my 3rd NA meeting and i am feeling pretty good about things i havent popped pills to get out of it for 2 weeks now and i am very happy about that.
today i was out looking at listed building in london for work i was on the embankment (waterloo) and my boss said right now to malybone (westend), marie you have 2 choices borris bike or walk. now i am not getting killed on a bike for no one so i said walk, its bloody MILES! tonight i am aching and i did it in heels so the balls of my feet are so painful BUT i did it and i have a nice sense of achievement.

Summer in this city is amazing and now i am off all meds and tranquilizer's i feel so much better by issues are still there but not being doped up i am dealing with them alot better. and BDP has been behaving so all is well at the moment.

mom - well done on the free training i am jealous

ems - wow only 2.5lbs off is pretty amazing, you can do it in a few weeks

chubbykins - are you feeling better and eating again? i hope your ok darling

every one else hi and hope you are doing well
Have a good weekend xxxx
marie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:56 AM   #6  

a friend from college was due with her baby girl monday and the lil girl passed away yesterday. Please keep them and their two boys in prayer...just heartbreaking.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 208/141/120

Height: 5ft 4inch

oh mom thats so sad, much love to you and the family affected i will be thinking of you xxx
marie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:31 PM   #8  

Thanks girl.....
my dad wrecked his bike...08 kalisuki valcon (i think..I cant spell either..lol) They are still doing tests. Lots of road rash bike its pretty bad he flipped it. He landed on the hip that his gun is on. Thinks he may have broke his thumb. Mom says no more he says hes getting a new one...lol......
I have had all my moms kids since 8:30 this morning and Im bout to scream. I had them for a class then mom was on her way to get them when dad wrecked his bike. So that makes a total of 9 kids in my house (3,3,5,6,7,8,8,13,15) wanna run screaming soo I am going to see a movie tonight...LOL!!!
We had a bike tour through our city today I will have to post a picture of it later cause it went straight past our house
Old 07-11-2011, 07:33 PM   #9  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

thank you ems for starting the July chat and best wishes on your b-day goal!

marie, that is super that you are doing so great!

Mom, that is terrible about the little girl passing ... so tragic!! and oh my gosh at your dad crashing his m'cycle, I know about crashes (and my DH has a Kawasaki Vulcan) I sure hope that his injuries are relatively minor and that he heals up quickly.

I'm doing good, I see things that I remember would have thrown me into a black rage, but now the anger isn't there and I can try to think of what to do to solve instead. But not always...this afternoon I was vacuuming this dump and the vacuum grabbed a skinny computer cable that was left on the floor, and started to suck it up.

I tried as quickly as I could to grab both the cable (to keep it from going in further) and the vacuum to hit the Stop button..it just took a few seconds but Husband yells SHUT IT OFF! well, duh!! what do you think I was trying to do. So I did lose my temper and flung the cord, god it cracked like a whip and Husband got mad at me. And I didn't care, everyone gets to lose their temper once in a while and it was this mess (that no one seems to care about) that got to me.

BUT that was a rare incident and I am enjoying summer so much.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

VermomtMom: I'm really struggling with anger at the moment. I'm interested to hear how you made progress on the feeling of anger.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:51 PM   #11  

Vermont-AHAHA My spelling was HORRIBLE on that...I dont do bikes...AT ALL!!! haha
Guess he was thrown in the air and the bike rolled. He hit the ground and slit and he could see the bike rolling towards him so took his arm and made him self roll a few times to get outta the way and the bike ended up bumping him and landing right beside his head so if he hadnt taken a few more rolls it coulda been on top of him. Everyone came running and wanted him to lay still because they thought there was NO way he was ok with flying in the air and hitting that hard. He always wears a helmet and its a good thing...he didnt wear his chaps cause he was in a hurry so it ripped through his pants and his arms had nothing on them. so really thank God he is alive and walked away with just road rash....but he said the bike is totaled...there is not an inch of it thats not messed up...he can tell it had to go end to end (which a witness told him the bike went end to end at one point). He hit the grooves they make in the side of the road the wakes people up if they fall asleep and that musta flew it with the combination of breaking and turning.....so yeah... he wants a new bike now LOL!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 05:21 AM   #12  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4under5 View Post
....so yeah... he wants a new bike now LOL!!!
it probably sounds crazy to those who don't ride but yeah, I can understand that too!! well thank goodness he helped make it not so bad by rolling some more...best wishes to him.

IsabellaOlivia, I wish I could take credit for my temper fading, but I truly owe it to my med (Wellbutrin XL)
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:41 AM   #13  

Yes marie my birthday is the 29th and im having a big party with my friends and family

Im glad yout feeling much better and off all your meds

Mom im so sorry to hear about your friends baby thats terrible news

Holly i hope your feeling better now.

im ok girls had an emotional day the other day but im ok now xxx
Old 07-13-2011, 12:16 PM   #14  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hey guys.... I'm really struggling with something.

First off.. you know I love you all and I can't believe the connection we all have. But I find the more I talk about, focus on and think about my depression the more depressed I get. The less attention I give it the better I feel. I really don't want to lose you guys as friends or support but I'm not sure it's wise for me to post here that often.

On the other hand I don't feel it's fair to only pop in when I'm depressed and expect you guys to support me. It has to be a two way street. It would be extremely selfish of me to expect it to be otherwise.

So I really don't know what to do. Maybe I'm only saying this because I feel better today... maybe it'll be different tomorrow... heck, maybe it will be different in 5 minutes.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:52 PM   #15  

aunty jam- no.....thats what I love about this no one is tracking how much you check in here, or if you were depressed or not, there is no pressure to HAVE to try an support everyone.....its seems we all have bout of depression at different times so theres always someone on the up and someone on the down. DONT feel bad about posting here or not posting.....Its nice to hear from you