Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-07-2011, 03:47 PM   #1  
Starting over

S/C/G: 367/314/187

Default I'm new: My Depression story

Hello everyone
I’m kinda new on this site and I wanted to share my issue with depression. I was recently diagnosed with Bi-Polar II. When you’re Bi-polar II, it basically means you’re depressed mostly and sometimes anxious. After years of untreated depression I gained almost 200lbs. Two months ago I was prescribed an anti-depressant. The doctor finally found a dose that worked for me last month and I immediately lost 12lbs (and still losing the lbs). Depression is a silent killer! Thank God I’m fighting my way through this
Miss_Donna30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 208/141/120

Height: 5ft 4inch

hey honey well done on the loss so far.
I am back on the meds after years of refusing to take the from my BPD and its making a difference not just to be feeling better but to my weight to.
Its such a good thing they have found the right dose for you, im still getting my meds tweaked every couple of weeks because even though im feeling better the under lying depression wont shift.
Good luck with the diet your doing so well
M x
marie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:31 PM   #3  
Starting over

S/C/G: 367/314/187

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie81 View Post
hey honey well done on the loss so far.
I am back on the meds after years of refusing to take the from my BPD and its making a difference not just to be feeling better but to my weight to.
Its such a good thing they have found the right dose for you, im still getting my meds tweaked every couple of weeks because even though im feeling better the under lying depression wont shift.
Good luck with the diet your doing so well
M x
Thank you sooo much
Miss_Donna30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 218/186.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey there!

I was diagnosed with Bi-Polar II several years ago - I am SO glad to find someone else that has it to perhaps chat with. It's so hard sometimes - and so rare to find anyone that shares about it openly. I still doubt whether my meds are perfect. May I ask what you two ladies take? I am currently on Wellbutrin and Lamictal. I used to take Depakoate, but we stopped that because I gained SO much weight on it, which made the depressions even worse.

BP II is such a strange animal. I am usually depressed most of the time, and very anxious. My mind also races a ton. It's weird - I was talking to my fiance just a couple of days ago about having BP II, and how it feels like any "highs" that I have ever had are the times when I feel "normal." Like, they are not euphoric highs or anything, they are just times when I'm not depressed, and overall productive and happy. Sadly, those times are few and far between. It's odd, and very difficult for me.

I hope you continue to do well! Nice "meeting" you! :-D
Emmy1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 208/141/120

Height: 5ft 4inch

No worries BBWDIVA28, im always logged on to this site so if you fancy a chat message me, likewise Emmy

im on Lexapro and zoplipram (i think thats how you spell them) my husband has to keep my meds and give them to me as I had a little accident during one of my low times
Iv been like this now for 17 years I can go months at a time feeling "normal" then I crash, the anxiety never goes though, the doctors are treating this as a kind of OCD now. I start intensive phsyotherapy next week I am hoping this is going to help. have you girls had this?

This site has been a great help for me losing weight and for a chat when I am feeling down. my weightloss has kinda stopped of late 2 weeks no loss but no gain so I am hopefully this plateau will pass.

xx
marie81 is offline   Reply With Quote