Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-04-2011, 06:55 PM   #1  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

Default Started Anti Depressant

last night. I am on Citalopram 20 mg (generic for Celexa). I feel kind of blah today. I feel more mellow. Like thinks just kind of roll off of me. But I feel right in the middle, just like I'm kind of existing. Not happy, not sad. Just kind of there. Is this normal? Is this what it feels like on the pills? I feel like my emotions are all kind of muted. I am also kind of tired today, because I didn't sleep good last night. I'm just wondering if this is what it feels like to be on them. I'm not sure I like it...I will keep going with it, but its just kind of a weird feeling....
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:32 PM   #2  
No Excuses

S/C/G: 169.8/159/135

Height: 5'4

In general it takes 2-8 weeks for you to feel the result of any anti-depressant. Your body is adjusting to more serotonin (makes you happy) in your brain, and you might be sleepy at first when you are adjusting. The first couple weeks is when you're going to have the most side effects.

I am by no means a doctor, so don't take this over medical advice, it's just my general knowledge from psychology.

If you have any extremely bad symptoms or signs of an allergic reaction contact your doctor or psychiatrist. Also if you are feeling suicidal.

I hope this info helps, and I hope you'll be feeling better soon
luposlipaphobia87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 61"

i felt the same way when i started celexa. my mood did change as well as the way i was thinking about things. my depression went away for a while, but it started to come back about 6 months after i started it. I have recently switched to wellbutrin.

It will take some time to get over the side effects. I hope that celexa is the answer you were looking for!
dj mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

I've been on cipralex for a week and I've noticed that I'm kinda mellow too. Things that would normally have me throwing items across the room or having a screaming fit are just rolling off my back and I say "no sense in getting mad, whatever." Unlike me for sure. I am unsure if it is because of the meds since it has only been one week, or if it is because I am more self-aware of my anxiety and temper problem and I know I want to correct it.
fozentusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:34 AM   #5  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

I have been taking it fora bout 2 and a half months now. The first week I was tired. Yawned a lot. My stomach wasn't quite it's usual self, either. The second week I felt better... by week three, I had no side effects. (though orgasming is a bit harder and that has gotten a WEE bit better)

I just feel normal - not overly happy or overly sad. JUST NORMAL. Eating healthy and exercise has been a huge help, too - ESPECIALLY the exercise part. I am finding, for me, the exercise thing is really key.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote