Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-08-2011, 01:56 AM   #1  
Are we there yet?

S/C/G: 295/ticker/160

Height: 5'7''

Default A failure and a NSV...

I think I'm allowed to vent/celebrate here?

I'm sort of new to the group and haven't posted much here, but I have been reading all of the new threads and I think they're incredibly helpful in keeping me motivated and on track (mostly) even on the worst of days!

The past week or so have been really rough. I'm bipolar (and unmedicated, although I may just give in and change that soon) and the past week was a horrendous cycle of depression, insomnia, complete lack of motivation to go to the gym, and binge eating/overeating. Something about my emotions being out of control and unstable drags my eating habits down with it. And I had been doing so well previously!

But as to the NSV. Despite how atrociously I went off track for (over) a week, I'm still under 270, which is a feat I don't think I've ever accomplished before. I only set myself back one pound for the whole week. I think I owe most of my near-maintenance to this forum, so I thought I'd just say how appreciative I am! I'm learning to ignore cravings/tune them out by distracting myself with this website. It has become my new facebook!

So thanks to all of you who post inspiring things and discuss your own situations. Even though I (previously) hadn't commented much, it was definitely helping me along more than I realized!

Patrizia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:30 AM   #2  
on a mission

S/C/G: 83kg/68kg/65kg

Height: 5'3"

Hi Patrizia, I totally agree with you, the threads here are really helpful especially on my down days. It's good to know that I'm not alone. Sorry your past week has been tough. I am bipolar too but on medication. I realize that with medication, my mood swings are not as bad as it used to be, my depression is still around though, but again, not as bad as before. The meds unfortunately make me put on weight, so it's like an uphill battle for me trying to lose the weight. Yay for still being under 270 lbs! I haven't learned how to ignore my cravings yet though but you are right, 3FC helps a ton. Anyways keep up to great work with maintenance! Hope you feel better after what happened the past week. Take care!
Esha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:47 AM   #3  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Patrizia, that is great I too come here when I'm down (which has been like 4 months now) it helps so much. Sometimes during the day I think, 'keep going, then you can go to 3FC and tell them'.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote