3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   *sighs* Allergic to Wellbutrin.. :( (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/215485-%2Asighs%2A-allergic-wellbutrin.html)

Princess Tiefling 10-22-2010 01:13 PM

*sighs* Allergic to Wellbutrin.. :(

I woke up from a nap monday and was feeling ok took my second dose of meds and broke out in HUGE HIVES everywhere.. I thought it was just that my new washer didnt get the soap out of my clothes..

Tuesday it got way worse, so I went to the Urgent care, they gave me an epipen, the itching went away but the hives didnt. Wed the hives were back worse then ever covering at least a third of my body. The doc called back and said it sounds like its the wellbuitrin and to stop taking it IMMEDIATELY! So I did *sighs* and so yesterday the hives were alot better, still itchy and swollen but not as bad I could acctualy use my hands! (my hands swelled to the point I couldnt do anything not even button my own pants)

Today almost no hives a few itcy spots but much better.. Now my question is now what?

The zolft worked but made me gain weight, I obviously cant take wellbutrin..:( Im sad I feel like I am going through withdrawls and cryin all the time..

I needed to vent thanks for reading!

eclipse 10-22-2010 01:47 PM

I wonder if it would be worth it for you to try a different generic brand of Wellbutrin than the one you tried? I mean, I wonder if it was the Wellbutrin itself, or one of the other ingredients that are used in it (the sustained and extended release versions all have different methods by which the drug is released into your system, so ingredients are different) that was bothering you. Obviously, you don't want to make yourself sick, though!

Leenie 10-22-2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess Tiefling (Post 3533550)
Now my question is now what?

Woah... thats scary. Sorry you had such a wicked reaction to it. Sorry to say but there is nothing we can advise except to call your doctor and tell him what is going on.

Keep us posted !!!

Princess Tiefling 10-22-2010 02:30 PM

Sorry I should have added it was the generic version my insurance wont pay for for the "real one"

I have an appointment monday to see if it was the wellbutrin or MIL's cat. Im sure it was the wellbutrin cause when I stopped most of the symptoms went away :(

Im so scared to try another version from it I have a feeling like there is a welt or something in my throat it hurts and was kinda whezy yesteray DH says I didnt notice tho.

odonnela 10-22-2010 03:21 PM

There is a bunch of other things......paxil, prozac, amytriptalyne (sp?), lexapro, cymbalta, lyrica, and on, and on....just have your doc keep trying different ones. It generally takes about 2 weeks to feel a difference.

annie175 10-22-2010 03:25 PM

Try Cymbalta, I love it. Expensive, but I love it.

Karatemom 10-22-2010 05:31 PM

There are lots of others to try. Sorry you had a bad reaction.

skylinedrive 10-28-2010 04:30 PM

i started the generic of wellbutrin last summer and after a week i woke up with red itchy hives all over. i remember they were there for like 4 days. i didn't want to believe it was the wellbutrin so i kept taking it and they eventually went away.