3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   Depression Forum Bio's (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/214483-depression-forum-bios.html)

thelotusgoddess 07-31-2016 07:37 PM

New here...

First off, wanted to say Hello to everyone here. I'm having a hard day and I was super glad to find this Forum.

Anyway, there are some questions to answer, so here goes... :)

DATE: 07.31.2016

USERNAME/REAL NAME: thelotusgoddess/robbie

MARITAL STATUS: divorced, no children

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: jewelry design, food, cooking, reading, writing, knitting, Netflix, travel (once upon a time)

PETS: one cat (Betty Draper)

TOP WEIGHT: 272

CURRENT WEIGHT: 270ish

GOAL WEIGHT: 150-170

HEIGHT: 5'7"

EYE COLOR: blue

HAIR COLOR: blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Maryland, currently

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: depression and anxiety; fear of repeating my previous failed attempts at weight loss

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I feel like this is my last chance to lose weight now that I am approaching 50; I am lucky in that I have few weight-related health issues, but I need to take care of the issues that I do have and prevent any further deterioration in my physical health. Heck, major depressive disorder is enough to deal with without having to worry about diabetes, heart disease, etc, etc, etc. Plus I am hoping that weight loss and physical activity will help with my treatment-resistant depression & anxiety.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I have had Major Depressive Disorder (and Generalized Anxiety Disorder with [recently-developed] Agoraphobia) for the past 30+ years, and this has significantly contributed to my weight issues. Over the past year the agoraphobia, which developed over the past year, helped contribute to the last 20+ pound gain.

Thanks for reading! I'm feeling really anxious / depressed today, so hopefully my future posts won't be as gloomy as this one seems. :dizzy:

JadeAutumn 08-28-2016 10:45 PM

DATE: 8/28/2016

USERNAME/REAL NAME: JadeAutumn/Jade

BIRTHDAY: 1/16

MARITAL STATUS: single

SPOUSE’S NAME: n/a

CHILDREN/AGES: No kids.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Nature, photography, horses, reptiles.

PETS: Five snakes (albino boa, three sand boas, one albino burmese python I named Monty aka Banana) and one cat (tortie Manx, Brownie).

TOP WEIGHT: 215

CURRENT WEIGHT: 185

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5'5"

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HAIR COLOR: Red

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: GA.

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Binge eating, injuries from working out keeping me from working out, not getting outside due to the heat index.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I don't know, maybe a miracle will happen this time around.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I'm really shy, not good with words (PTSD and Asperger's), and wish I had a friend close enough to do things with.

Phenix 11-17-2016 08:10 AM

DATE: Nov. 17, 2016

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Phenix

BIRTHDAY: June 4

MARITAL STATUS: Married

SPOUSE’S NAME: Hon

CHILDREN/AGES: None

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Dog Walking, hiking, crafting, reading spending time with friends and family

PETS: Dogs and Cats

TOP WEIGHT: 223
CURRENT WEIGHT: 216

GOAL WEIGHT: 160

HEIGHT: 5'6"

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Colorado

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I am my biggest problem and hope I am also my biggest solution

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am so motivated and hope I can maintain this feeling to make a first "dent" in my weight loss.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I have been more depressed these last few months and gained a lot of weight..not sure if the weight gain or the depression came first but they are feeding each other.....

hiimawkward 01-04-2017 10:10 PM

DATE: 1/4/17

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Candra

BIRTHDAY: June 12th 1991

MARITAL STATUS: Engaged

SPOUSE’S NAME: Michael

CHILDREN/AGES: 1 boy, almost 6 months old!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: psychology, browsing the net, blogging, being a parent, listening to music/singing

PETS: 1 dog (she lives with my parents), and 2 cats they're my fiancees so I call them my step children lol!

TOP WEIGHT: 275lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT: 269lbs

GOAL WEIGHT: 130lbs

HEIGHT: 5 feet

EYE COLOR: Green

HAIR COLOR: Red (natural!)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: USA, Michigan

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: My relationship with food is so crazy... I am obsessed with food. Once I start eating I just can't stop.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have a son now. I need to get healthy for him. I want to be able to play with him without getting tired and out of breath.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?
I am diagnosed with major depressive disorder, social anxiety, general anxiety, borderline personality disorder, PCOS, hypothyroidism. Most of my mental illnesses have been doing a lot better but I still struggle at times!

Gottamakegoal 01-10-2017 04:58 PM

DATE: January 10, 2017

USERNAME/REAL NAME: gottamakegoal/Nancy

BIRTHDAY: August 12

CHILDREN/AGES: Shaun 38, Danielle 36

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I love to cook, bake, read on my iPad and watch TV

PETS: 2 dogs

TOP WEIGHT: 335

CURRENT WEIGHT: 335

GOAL WEIGHT: 185

HEIGHT: 5'6"

EYE COLOR: hazel

HAIR COLOR: dark blonde/grey with blonde highlights

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Michigan

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Now it's losing weight, it used to be keeping it off. For me, weight loss is very time consuming. Plan, plan, plan. If I don't have the time or energy to keep it first and foremost in my mind, the weight creeps back on. You know how they say after so many days things become a habit? Well, not for me and weight loss. Plan, plan, plan, eat like a bird and exercise my tush off!! If ANYTHING interferes with that mojo, I gain.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: To be honest, I'm not sure. Maybe fear. Fear of needing weight loss surgery. Fear of feeling worse than I already do. All I know is, I NEED to do this and for whatever reason, yesterday, a switch inside of me clicked and I'm more gung ho than I've been in a long time.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I have 3 grandchildren and I'm hoping to live long enough to see my great grandchildren!! Along with Depression/Anxiety, I also have high blood pressure, COPD, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, IBS, GERD, Raynaud's, migraines and sleep apnea. I'm also being evaluated for possible lupus. This thread doesn't seem very active, so, if anyone wants to be "friends" or knows of threads or boards that may make my journey easier, please let me know! Thanks!

VermontMom 01-11-2017 08:21 AM

Hi gottamakegoal/Nancy :wave: This Bio thread does not see any interaction/talk, but if you want almost daily talk, we at the "Ups and Downs" support thread would welcome you :) and anyone else who has posted their bios here!

nerdbling 02-01-2017 04:33 PM

Hi all

DATE:
2/1/2017
USERNAME
nerdbling
MARITAL STATUS:
boy friend
SPOUSE’S NAME:
Jeff
PETS:
2 dogs 1 cat
TOP WEIGHT:
CURRENT WEIGHT:
GOAL WEIGHT:
HEIGHT:
5'11"
EYE COLOR:
Blue
HAIR COLOR:
Brown
Student
GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION:
North east
WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS:
keeping the weight off
WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL:
I feel like I have something to look forward to in my own future

Coleman 03-08-2017 04:14 PM

36 in the cure to your problems because it worked for me

I'm a 36-year-old woman that was Mary went to a rough patch gained a lot of weight and got really stressed out and depressed but I did find something I like to share with you ladies and it's not like most programs but what help me is what I hope can help all of you just visit the link watch the video and I promise you it is not a waste of money

Coleman 03-08-2017 04:16 PM

Best workout I have ever had in my life

Ladies I found the answer to the bodyyou want

FatCowSlim 05-12-2017 08:12 AM

DATE: 12/05.17

USERNAME/REAL NAME: FatCowSlim / Annette

BIRTHDAY: July 16th

MARITAL STATUS: Single

SPOUSE’S NAME:

CHILDREN/AGES:

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: gardening, cross-stitch, reading,

PETS: just lost my cat :(

TOP WEIGHT: just over 15 stone / 98kg

CURRENT WEIGHT: 94 kg

GOAL WEIGHT: 50kg

HEIGHT: 5'3"

EYE COLOR: blue

HAIR COLOR: brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: South London

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: succumbing to binges when stressed

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I think I'm more motivated than ever

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Bulimia ages 14-25, depression and anxiety (last 20 years), hypothyroidism, also waiting on diagnosis for cardiac issues and aspergers

Purefire 08-24-2017 12:31 AM

DATE: August 24, 2017

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Purefire/Stephanie

BIRTHDAY: March 8, 1979

MARITAL STATUS: Divorced

SPOUSE’S NAME: N/A

CHILDREN/AGES: Jayson/18 - Kiara/14

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, Watching movies and The Gym

PETS: Cats: Boots & Toby, Bearded Dragon: Blaze, Bird: Buddy

TOP WEIGHT: 250

CURRENT WEIGHT: 201

GOAL WEIGHT: 125

HEIGHT: 5'4

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Naturally: Dark Brown, Dyed: Red

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: East Coast

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Eating too much, Esting when depressed.

I want to lose the weight for my health this time. I'm tired of being in pain all the time.

Bestidea 09-11-2017 11:02 AM

DATE: 11/09/2017

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Bestidea/Julia

BIRTHDAY: March 1986

SPOUSE’S NAME:

CHILDREN/AGES:

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Learning.. anything

PETS:

TOP WEIGHT: 56

CURRENT WEIGHT: 52

GOAL WEIGHT: 52

HEIGHT: 165

EYE COLOR: green

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: UK

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS:

I've struggled with my weight for a long time and struggled with eating disorders until I finally managed to cure myself. Read my story on my blog. Just hope it might be of help to somebody ;)

DON'T FORGET TO JOIN US ON THE DAILY THREAD AFTER POSTING YOUR BIO... THANK YOU !!

Ekm1312 10-28-2017 09:12 PM

Georgia bio

DATE: 10/28/2017

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Ekm1312/Georgia

BIRTHDAY: June 1983

SPOUSE’S NAME:

CHILDREN/AGES:

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: hiking, listening to music

PETS:

TOP WEIGHT: 180 lbs

CURRENT WEIGHT: 180

GOAL WEIGHT: 130

HEIGHT: 5’6”

EYE COLOR: green

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Long Island, NY

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: binging, depression

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I don’t know for sure but I am trying anyway. I hope staying accountable and tracking food and weight will help

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU: I have treatment resistant depression, and have had ect a couple of years ago. I cannot seem to shake the continued depression and am hoping if I lose this weight this time I’ll keep it off and not get depressed again.

EllieSue 11-14-2017 09:19 AM

Brand new today!

DATE: November 14th, 2017

USERNAME/REAL NAME: EllieSue/Elsbeth

BIRTHDAY: Sept 21

SPOUSE’S NAME:

CHILDREN/AGES: 3 (19, 10 and 5yrs)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, singing, pottery, paddle boarding, swimming

PETS: 2 cats and 2 guinea pigs

TOP WEIGHT: 217

CURRENT WEIGHT: 217

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5'3"

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: red, brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Canada

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Time and wine

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: making the time and less or no wine *cry*

I have been diagnosed with depression and am on meds. Since being on one of the meds I have gained 30lbs!! I love humour and a good Time!

Zanaida 04-03-2020 10:57 AM

DATE: 4/03/20

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Zanaida

BIRTHDAY: Feb. 5

SPOUSE’S NAME:

CHILDREN/AGES:

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, computer

TOP WEIGHT: 200

CURRENT WEIGHT: 180

GOAL WEIGHT: 140

HEIGHT: 5'5''

EYE COLOR: black

HAIR COLOR: black

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Oklahoma

E-MAIL ADDRESS:

HOMEPAGE URL:

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Following through a routine