Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2002, 04:38 PM   #1  
Peg

Red face message

Hello everyone! It's very sunny here in California, I need to get started exercising while the weather is nice, but lately I've been tired. I've been taking Zoloft, it is great for relaxing at night, I usually feel better during the day, except for today, can't seem to get going. I've been seeking employment, haven't worked except substitute clerical at a High School, so all I'm getting is rejection. Well I hope something will turn up soon, I know I have to keep trying.
Take Good Care Everyone. Bye

Last edited by ladypal; 10-21-2002 at 04:42 PM.
Old 10-22-2002, 09:08 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladypal

Welcome !!!

If the Zoloft is making you tired, have you tried taking it before bed ? or asking your doctor to switch meds ? I use to take Zoloft but stoped because it made me feel like I was on a roller coaster, full of energy one day and crashing the next. Maybe once your feeling better you'll be more energetic to go on more interviews. I understand how you feel regarding rejection, I am so bad at interviews......I get so nervous because I can not sell myself and basically thats what you have to do.

When I interviewed for the job I am now at, I did alot of praying, and I said to God, please keep me relaxed, I know these people I am going to see are just like me (no better, no worse). They will all be kind. Also God if this job is not meant for me, that will be okay because You will provide for me and guide me to the right one. Ladypal, when I interviewed here I was so calm it was amazing. My boss hired me the next day, she said she liked the fact I was very relaxed and not jumpy. Its Gods will not mine and He does provide.

Good luck Lady, good thing will come, I just know it.

Love, Leenie
Old 10-23-2002, 10:12 AM   #3  
Peg

Thank You Leenie,
That sure made me feel so much better, I will for sure start relaxing at job interviews, as difficult as it can be, I'll do it
I've been taking Zoloft in the evening, but still don't have the energy I'd like to during the day, I suspose I should exercise to get that
I will continue to pray daily for energy, and for the right job.
Take Care of You
LadyPal
Old 10-23-2002, 12:48 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Lady, have you told your doctor that your very tired on Zoloft, maybe he/she can change your meds ? I know if meds were making me tired, I'd have to stop taking them because I do so much running around (meaning getting my daughter ready as well as myself in the morning, making lunches/beds, dropping her off at the baby sitter, working full time, picking her up at night, cooking dinner, bathing her, getting her ready for bed, showering, cleaning the kitchen... I mean just your basic things........... I'd never survive being any more tired than I naturally am. You would think I would be thin, but the more I do (stress) the more I eat

BUT !! I am trying and like I said good things will come, you just got to keep trying. God gives us the freedom/choice to be what we want to be (healthy/thinner), its our choice weather we want it bad enuf to do

Good luck !!

Love, Leenie
Old 11-05-2002, 11:39 AM   #5  
Peg

I have been doing much better now on Zoloft, I suspose it had to work itself out and adjust into my system, I get to bed early and have been having better days.

I hope to start TOPS tomorrow, hope I can get some motivation, can't seem to get it going. I guess I just have to do it anyway.

Thanks for your tip for interviewing, I'll keep trying and praying, I know the right job will eventually the right one will come.

Take care Leens,

LadyPal
Old 11-05-2002, 03:52 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good to hear from you and good to hear Zoloft is working well. I know so many talented people who are looking for work, hang in there, it will be worth it.

TOPS WAY TO COOL !!! Congrats !!!!! keep us posted on your progress... come visit us on the daily's, we'd love to talk to you more.

Huggs., Leenie
Closed Thread