Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-11-2010, 09:19 PM   #61  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Vermont, NO!! NOT THE BIKE!! That really stinks but I hope the new one will be really cool. And thank goodness your hubby wasn't seriously hurt. How is he feeling? Have you started looking for another bike yet?

Buddly, How was your Thanksgiving? Did you have a crowd? I guess I need to figure out if we're staying here or going to see my mom this year.

It was my first day at work today. It went ok. I will start my official training next week b/c the trainers are busy with another group this week. I'll just be stuck here and there this week. I felt pretty comfortable and liked everybody. Not a lot of skinny fashionistas. There will be a lot to learn though, but I'm up for it. There is a gym and I got a campus map today of a route that equals a mile walk. No more excuses.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:56 PM   #62  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hope - congrats on getting your first day over with (even though it was a few days ago ) I'm real glad it sounded as it went well for you - are you still okay with it? sure like the idea of a gym, you're right, no more excuses right

and hello to everyone else.

Thanks for the concern about my hubster. It is pretty amazing he was released after only 24 hours, with a skull fracture. He has only missed 2 days of work!!! his boss is an opportunist, if my husband says he'll come in, she just agrees, she doesn't talk him out of it. He isn't allowed to drive, so it is up to me and our older son to get him there and back (60+ mile round trip) This morning I drove 100 miles before 9 a.m. getting him to work, then me to work!! Then picked him up. I think todays total was like 170 miles driven.

But yes I am grateful that it isn't worse. And that he is mobile, he is not on crutches, or a wheelchair or something like that.

thanks for the commerserating about my bike. I think I did effectively communicate with you in the past how much I loved that bike. I feel pretty 'empty' without her. This is TOTALLY irrational, but I am mourning her as if she was a person. I hear a song on the radio, and I think 'the last time I heard that, my bike was ok' or 'the last time I went here, my bike was ok' so this is like all the time. I avert my eyes when I walk past my husband's motorcycle, which is sitting all cruddy and unwashed (as he doesn't care about that) whereas mine was proudly parked, pretty spotless.

I haven't even visited me and husband's motorcycle website forum in 2 days, because it is too sad to me to hear of others chatting about the great ride they had that day, and no one there has effectively told me that they are sorry about my bike.

and I feel so let down by a certain girlfriend - i have supported this girl ANYTIME she needed me, by packing/moving her, by attending her home selling parties and buying all kinds of crap I didn't really want, etc...all I did was leave a sad message on her phone, saying I would really take advantage of her offer to let me 'cry on her shoulder' - and she hasn't called me back, and that was 5 days ago.

and all these people who say 'let me know if I can do anything'. But they never just offer; and if I did ask 'can you give my husband a ride to work 31 miles away at 7 am' none would say yes. Or no one would offer to come and cut our grass, or do a load of laundry, or anything. I have made meals for freinds who were going thru rough times, dropped cards and balloons or something by their house; whatever!! I feel VERY let down by them. And really pissed, and jaded. And pretty 'so-so' about life in general.

well sorry for the rant. As i said, I haven't even visited my own website (100's of members) for 2 days, I just came here instead.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:53 PM   #63  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Vermont, I'm sorry that your friends haven't been there for you the way they should be. That's a terrible commute. I hope that won't be necessary for too long. You must be exhausted. I knew how much you loved your bike. You've said it many times on here. I thought it would bother you a great deal. Are you going to try to get another one soon? I know it won't be the same but I hope you get another one you love.

Was going to post about my day but now I'm too tired. I'll check in tomorrow.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote