Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-18-2010, 12:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'4"

Default Here it comes and its getting closer!

I can feel my depression coming! For the past few days, it seems to be a little more uncomfortable in my head. I'm trying not to dwell on it, keeping my mind on other things, but it's getting harder. My fears are coming back and I don't think I have it in me to fight them again! Did the agoraphobic thread trigger it? I do have it. Hence my handle "homebound"

My jaw has been locking up ever since the teeth cleaning, and now the left side of my face is swollen. I look like I have one big jowl! Now this IS bugging me! I went to the scary dentist to have him look at it when it happened last year, and he didn't know what was going on, and referred me to a pain clinic. I didn't go to the clinic because my jaw finally loosened up and the swelling went down. I really don't want to do this all over again!

I HAVEN'T CRIED IN WEEKS!! till today. Im not on any meds, I don't have any medical insurance, DH's work keeps him so stressed out he can't seem to help me. I really have no one to talk to. PLEASE PLEASE REPLY. I want to hear (read) someone else's voice for a change. After writing this, I feel even worse! Now I don't know if I should just erase this.....or just hit the submit button. Humm...submit.....
HoneyMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:16 PM   #2  
Here I Go

S/C/G: 205/205/154

Height: 5'6"

Hello Heavyandhomebound, you really are feeling down and out. Just calling in to say hello. All is not lost. You didn't sit down and let it wash over you, you reached out and grasped the nettle (as we say here in Ireland) and i notice that you really have made great progress with your weightloss. So two pluses. Can you get any painkillers for your jaw - as pain is so draining. You should think about getting it checked up again.

This is my first day here, just popping in and out of forums, familiarising myself with the set up as I don't do much posting on websites. I would love to lose some weight and feel more energised and healthier. Well here goes.

Hope you begin to feel a bit better soon.

Bye for now,
Here I Go
Here I Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:43 PM   #3  

Thanks so much for your reply!
Yep, very down yesterday. I did eventually get on the treadmill, and it gave me a little time to think. I came to the conclusion that it all stems from my fear of getting old and dying. Still a little down today as I cant call the dentist till Monday. Just have to keep ice on my face till then.

From Ireland huh? I have a pagan/druid friend from Ireland. He reads runes. I would looooove to go and see some old castles.

I would really like to keep talking to you. Hope to hear your reply!
Thanks again!
Old 06-21-2010, 05:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/212/160

Height: 5'6

Hi Homebound,
I hope you are feeling better. If your jaw is still swollen in addition to putting ice on it, I'd recommend that you also take Ibuphrophen. I agree that you have had a great weightloss. That is something to be very proud of.

I have some form of depression/lack of motivation. I work out about 5 times a week, but it often takes me all day to get up the energy to actually get out and go to the gym. Afterwards I generally feel great. But it does take a lot of stewing about it in my head before I actually go. I don't know why that is. I am not working now, and I think that the lack of schedule adds to my lack of motivation.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I had read your post and I hope that you are feeling better.
JennyGirl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:56 PM   #5  

I am feeling great today!!! Seems like the whole world comes crashing around you sometimes. But it's all past now, jaw is much better and I don't have to call the dentist. YAY! Thanks again!
Old 06-25-2010, 12:22 PM   #6  
*~ZUMBA~*

S/C/G: 324/197/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi, Just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you and hoping that you are feeling better. Please know that there are people out here that care about you!
dewdrop1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:16 PM   #7  

Thanks!! Yeah, jaw is much better. No pain now, and swelling is almost completely gone. As for my depression, the tide has gone out and I'm feeling a lot calmer now.