Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2002, 07:41 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Wednesday, September 25th

Oh girls, the shame, the shame. I did aweful at the picnic yesterday, just aweful. Then when I got dressed this morning and I looked at my bell shaped belly (BIG BELL) I cried. I hate this fat but don't care enuf to do anything about it but stuff my face.

Okay enuf of that

How is everyone doing ? Will be really busy today at work, hopefully I can sneak in later to read up on everyone, I miss you guys so much.

TTYL, Love Leenie
Old 09-25-2002, 09:42 AM   #2  

So you enjoyed the food, Leenie. No big deal! That was yesterday so forget it. Today is another day!

Am priming the insides of the cupboards with Kilz. Boy that stuff stinks! My legs and hips are sore from trying to get into all those corners! R bought me the neatest stepladder! It has a nice grip on the top to hold on to. I was going to mow the lawn but it's raining AGAIN! Hopefully, I can get to it soon or I'll have the neighbors cut it for hay! I have a crockpot of chili simmering already.

Was in the chat for a bit since R was at a meeting. It's so neat seening familiar faces again! I can't remember when I had seen LOO or CoolFalcon the last time.

Got to find some breakfast.......
Old 09-25-2002, 11:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

It's raining here today but I am not complaining, because it looks like we are gonna be on the back side of Isadore and hopefully only get some rain and wind - and hey - that is nothing for us - we are all use to that!

Duck season opened on Saturday so my hubby gets up every morning at 4:30 to go duck hunting before going to work - yes he LOVES duck hunting that much - but anyway his alarm at 4:30 wakes me up, so instead of going back to sleep I made myself get out of bed this morning and did my 2 mile walk aerobics tape with Leslie Sansonne and hand weights. I felt so much better when I got thru. Of course, I will probably need a nap around 2:00 but thats ok! lol

I was wondering? does anybody know? what Vitamin E and Fish Oil are suppose to do that helps you lose weight??? I think they were talking about that in yesterday's thread.

I hope everybody has a great day!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 09-25-2002, 11:51 AM   #4  

Hi everyone,

Michelle posted something about the fish oil capsules & vitamin E. My weight loss has been really slow...9.2 lbs. in almost 5 months. I read the aticle & I bought some salmon oil at Costco. I already had vitamin E. Started taking it on Monday. I got on the scale today ...my weigh day is Friday...but since last Friday...I have lost .6 lb!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not even 1 week yet. So that is encouragement.

It's 5.6C & really foggy here today. I am off to coffee with friends in an hour...so I should go for now.

April
Old 09-25-2002, 12:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Could anybody point me in the direction of this article? I would really like to read it.

Thanks,
Cathy
Old 09-25-2002, 12:18 PM   #6  

Default Mornin'

Hi Ladies,

Another Hump day.. yeah. We are on the down side of the week now. Aerobics were done today, my one mocha is gone.. and TOM is here.. grrrr. At least I don't feel as mean and cranky as I was. One thing about my PMS moods.. I definately feel empowered.

Cathy, I have not seen any reputable published studies on the effects of vitamins and fish oil as an aid to weight loss. In fact, I did a cursory search on Yahoo and came up with some sites, which most of them appear to be selling supplements. I would ask your doctor about the validity of this claim or if your medical group has a registered dietitian.. ask him/her. Fish oil IS good for you.. it provides Omega 3 fatty acids which can reduce the likelihood of developing coronary artery disease.

Here is an article about Fish oil from ABC

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/livin...oil020410.html

Same thing with Vitamin E. I can find no serious studies regarding the benefits of this and weight loss.. just sites that sell things. Aslo, ask your medical group if they have heard about this claim.. maybe they have.

Here is an article from WebMD about Vitamin E.

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/1668.50179

I don't see anything wrong with taking these as a supplement, if your doctor okays them... just don't expect fat burning. If you get it, then great.

So keep exercising, following your food plan.. remember.. there are no magic pills out there. If there were, we would be hearing about them on the national news every night.. and none of us would be fat anymore.

Leens, Don't look back.. but look ahead. You have to make a decision what you want. I know you have a lot of stress in your life and it makes it hard to do this. We need to find you other ways to cope with things other than food.

Tippy, keep Brat out of the cupboards... bet he'll try and get in them

Everyone else.. have a nice day.
Old 09-25-2002, 02:28 PM   #7  

Talking We are becoming quite the busy little thread now aren't we?!

Good day fine ladies!

Yes I am back but again....where does the time go! I am getting back on track as I have gained 20 lbs since last may! I think it was the booze in Mexico and then it was down hill from there!

I am being optomistic and figure that if I really put my mind to it I can drop that weight by Xmas.

I am doing lots of scrapbooking and a little work...to pay for it. I am studying for some courses that I need for ER and other than that just the usual Mommy stuff...swimming lessons, Guides, etc.

Hope you are all well!

Nice to see you all again...I will be in touch when I can.

Liz
Old 09-25-2002, 10:24 PM   #8  

Cathy,

The thread is the one called....Anyone experiencing weight gain on Prozac. It is in this forum...Depression & weight issues.

April
Closed Thread