Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 09:49 PM   #46  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good evening everyone, well my meds came in the mail today so big yay AND I found out that I won some nice things at that auction when my bike got crippled, so something good comes out of something crummy!

It has been HOT here! but I have been enjoying it, and seeing things growing so quickly. Got my deck container plants potted, now there is some nice color and I love to sit there in the morning at 5:15 having coffee and listening to the birds, love it.

Hope everyone is doing good Memorial weekend coming up, but as I am in service industry it's just another weekend to work, what is everyone else doing, something fun I hope
Old 05-27-2010, 12:55 AM   #47  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

I should be in bed. We had a long night at pool league tonight. I did win though so yay.

I've got to get up early and make a sugar free cake for a co-worker who is diabetic. Needless to say I've never made anything sugar free in my life. Kinda worried.

Vermont, are you nursing your bike back to health? I'm in retail so this is just another weekend to me too except I happen to be off on Sunday b/c a girl needed to switch with me. I'm going on a ride with df then. Did dh put the sheets on the bed? Is he still alive or did you bury his body under your new flowers? We wouldn't tell. Yay for meds.

Buddly, how is the emergency house cleaning coming? I probably need to schedule company so I actually pay some attention to mine. I'm thinking that my new goal (since class is over) should be to totally clean out all my drawers and closets. I would feel so much better. I need to become a minimalist so cleaning would be so much easier.

Purefire, how did the interview go and how are you feeling?

Amarie, did you get your grading done. I agree with Buddly on the large cutting board. I say cover as much as possible. I was in a small apartment once where the kitchen was crummy. I hated it. It makes you want to stay out of it.

Hi to everybody else, Aunty Jam, Leenie, Trish...
Old 05-27-2010, 07:20 AM   #48  
Mrs. Brady

S/C/G: 283/259/180

Height: 5'6"

Daughter had an ultrasound today. It's official: her baby is a girl.

Just what I wanted, since she already has a boy.

Baby girl will be named Kayden Lotus.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:04 PM   #49  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Congrats Mrs Brady, what a pretty name

Hi everyone!!! Sorry for my long absence, you know how life gets sometimes. StepD is back and had a good time in NY but she would have liked to do more sight seeing and less shopping. She said everything was so expensive that some kids were running out of money and didn't have anything left to buy their dinners with. Not her though, thank goodness.

Vermont - That sucks about your bike! Are Canadian meds any better then the American ones? Kelly is alright, still playing so we're taking that as a good sign. She turns 15 in August.

I'm doing alright... debating if I want to enter a 5k fun run this weekend. I did plan on entering but then found out no one could be there with me and it's going to cost $10 more then I thought So I'm just not sure. Bummed out that no one will be there to support me, still kind of want to do it... completely busted flat broke. Bleh.

Hi to EVERYONE!!!!! Sorry but I must run, at work and break time just ended!
Old 05-28-2010, 11:55 PM   #50  
Starting Again

Day 2 of my 3 day stretch of closing shifts is over. We should be busy this holiday weekend. I've been trying to get up early enough to get some stuff done before I go in at 1pm. I haven't gotten my workouts in though. I did 20 minutes thursday but nothing today. Tomorrow I must get a workout in before I go. Just talking to myself here.

My sugar-free cake turned out more like a brownie. It didnt rise very well but my diabetic co-worker said they usually don't. I think I know what I would do differently but didn't have enough time that morning. I had enough caramel, crushed toffee candies and cool whip on top that it tasted pretty good though.

Aunty Jam, I hate being broke. It sucks. Maybe you can run the next race when people can be there for you and you can save up for it. I'm envious. I can't imagine being able to run one.

Lovebirds, congrats and what a great name!
Old 05-29-2010, 03:28 AM   #51  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Congrats Mrs. Brady (should we call you Grandma Brady )

Buddly and Hope - a nice big cutting board might just do it, thanks for the idea. I'm also going to paint the inside of the cabinets this summer - maybe that will help control the icky old wood smell.

I'm still eating like c**p, but at least I'm getting some exercise working in my garden. I actually did the math the other day and realized that my garden plot is bigger than my apartment ! No wonder I prefer spending time there! Its aslo not nearly so cluttered.

I think the next time I move I'm going back somewhere with snow instead of rain all the time - I'm SOOOO tired of mold and mildew and moss(not the good kind). How did the winter treat everyone? We only had snow here twice, and it didn't stick either time.

Hopey - what kind of workouts are you doing?

Aunty Jam - hummer on the flat busted I hear ya. I hope you do the fun run - just imagine all us there supporting you (yeah, I know...not the same).

OK, thats enough for me. Off to bed.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:59 AM   #52  
Biker Chick!

good morning!

hope4me, lol at burying DH. No, I got over my hissy fit and he is still among us Hope you got a workout in as you wanted, it's so hard to fit it in someitmes isn't it. My bike parts are still on order, so I'm riding shield-less, and just hanging on for dear life

auntyjam, very very glad Kelly is still wanting to play, that's a good sign. Canada meds are much cheaper than US ones! that's why I like 'em

congrats on the girl grandbaby that is coming, Mrs. Brady!

amarie, lol at your garden being bigger than apartment, and less cluttered hmm, about the snow verses rain, I guess I can see that, tho' in January if you asked me, I would have said I'd prefer rain..but I hadn't thought of the excessive moisture issue.

and hello to everyone else!!!
Old 05-29-2010, 07:27 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

WOW sooo very much to READ...AHHHH I went off my meds about 3 weeks ago...not so aggitated and actually feel happy at times...on the meds my moods were up and down but mosty aggitated so really it wasnt doing any good... I guess I need to come back soon here and catch up! Gotta go fill up the kids pool before they drive me crazy!! LOL
Old 05-31-2010, 12:42 PM   #54  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone!!

Congrats on the baby girl Mrs.Brady!!! That is wonderful news.

Hope- my house cleaning is going like my weight loss, not. I just don't know what my problem is. Oh well, one step at a time and I'll get somewhere. I love the minimalist idea. The clutter is so overwhelming.

vermont good to hear the good and bad are balancing.

amarie painting the cupboards sounds good. Fresh paint makes things feel clean. I haven't gotten out in the garden yet here. Still waiting for the second tilling of the garden. It should be dry enough but hubby is out of town.

aunty jam that is great that your stepD had a good time on her trip. And I'm glad she didn't have any problems at the border.

Mom its good you are feeling more on an even keel without the meds. I've been doing not to badly without mine as well. A few sad days but so far manageable.

Same old, same old going on here. Everything is so green and beautiful outside and thankfully there is a bit of a wind so that keeps the bugs down. They are vicious at the beginning of spring. I was trying to cut the grass the other afternoon and I have bites all over.
DdC passed and got her high blue belt in judo on sat. There is talk of her getting her brown belt soon as she wants to try for the canadian winter games and nationals again. She was losing interest so its nice that she is getting enthused again. (she also bench pressed 101lbs at school (she weights 120))
I better get going. I have a bit of a plan today so I best get on it before I procrastinate the day away.

Take care everyone
K
Old 05-31-2010, 04:42 PM   #55  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone!!! Sorry for shouting but I actually had a good weekend! I managed to get into the 5k run, ran most of it and it went great. I have a thread going in the support section if you guys want to read about it. I think I go through another "runners high" every time I think about it. We're still flat busted broke, no internet at home, hubby is out of town, Step D is staying with her Grandma this week. Just me and the dogs and the fish, I'm good so far but I think the run had a lot to do with it... it's a real mood lifter. Anyways! Just bubbling along, enjoying my "high". Hope everyone is well
Old 05-31-2010, 11:17 PM   #56  
Starting Again

I've had a great 2 days but I'm beat. I'm so glad I'm off the next couple of days. Sunday I went on a bike ride with df. It was really nice but man was my butt sore at the end of the day. Yes Vermont, I AM a wuss. It was a beautiful day though, low 90's. We didn't get home till around 8pm. I sat down for 5 minutes and ended up crashing on the couch for a short nap. I had to get up then and make a pasta salad and banana pudding for a cookout today. Well, it was almost 1am before I got all that done and got in bed. I had to be up at 5am. I just kept telling myself: just make it to 3pm and you can sleep...

Aunty Jam, I'm so glad you got to run! I've so wanted to experience runner's high. It must be great. Having depression it's hard to just feel normal, let alone euphoric. I'm so proud of you for doing a 5k, that is awesome and quite an accomplishment.

Buddly, yeah, I'm thinking I need to get rid of as much stuff as possible. It should make it easier to keep things clean. Now to get the energy to do it...
Glad your mood has been better. Are you still working much?

Amarie, I have an ellipticle machine that I use a lot and I do workout videoes that are 'on demand' from cable. There are some walking ones and I do some Jillian Michaels and Jackie Warner workouts. I recently did a high impact cardio and impressed myself that I could jump so much without passing out. Progress... I've got to do a really good workout tomorrow since I haven't gotten to the last couple of days.

Hi to everyone else, gotta get in bed.

Last edited by hope4me; 05-31-2010 at 11:19 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:33 PM   #57  
Starting Again

This may sound silly but I did something today that I haven't been able to do in years. I painted my own toenails! I was so excited. My stomach was always in the way before and I felt like my guts were going to come out of my throat when I tried. Coming from the country I didn't grow up getting pedicures and while I think it's kinda nice I also think it's a big waste of $$ to do it regularly. Now I can just do it myself. It's the little things, isn't it?

I did a workout today but not nearly the caliber it needed to be to try to cancel out some of the mexican from last night and the homemade bbq from tonight. I'm a little more laxidasical than I should be with my eating. I looked at the calendar today and I have 5 weeks left of TBL at work. If I'm to stand a chance at winning I have to buckle down big time. I need you guys to keep me accountable and I need a plan. I'll sleep on it and let you know what it is. If I write it out I'm more likely to do it.

Last edited by hope4me; 06-01-2010 at 11:34 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:02 AM   #58  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello. I'm new to this thread but not to the site. I have joined this site about 2 or 3 years ago but stopped. When I stopped I gained weight then gained more when depression really set in. Now I cannot lose the weight no matter what I do. I am slowly coming out of the deep depression I was in but I am still down no matter what which does keep me from losing the weight. I'm hoping I can get help and support here. I have no motivation and will power to lose the weight. I feel it and know i want to and need to but just can't. I don't have insurance to get the help for my depression so I take it as it comes and try to deal with it. I hope I came to the right place.

Sorry I didn't have much time reading earlier posts but hopefully if "work" allows me to tomorrow, I will do it.

Hope I get to know you guys!!!
Old 06-03-2010, 10:07 AM   #59  
Biker Chick!

hi tkglenn, welcome! I am sorry you have been in a deep depression, and don't have insurance to help. That is a tough situation. But I'm glad you have found this place, it does really help to know that others are in the same boat, some days are good and even great..but you can also come here to tell us when you don't feel good.

hope, you are NOT a wuss for having a sore butt after a day of riding! it just tires you out all over, even 'just' being a passenger. My windshield 'might' come today!

Aunty jam, I am a doofus for not congratulating you sooner on your 5K!! that is GREAT!!

I ate everything in sight over the weekend..and drank anything I could find also!! ugh. So it was back to the routine on Tuesday.

Hello to everyone else!
Old 06-03-2010, 10:10 AM   #60  
Starting Again

Hi tkglenn! Welcome to our corner of 3fc. I remember seeing you around the boards in the past. Please do join in here. It is really hard to eat healthy without treating the depression. It can be done but it is a struggle. My only advice right now is try to working out (cardio) to get the endorphins going to lift your mood and therefore maybe help your eating. Hopefully your depression allows you to do that. Looking forward to getting to know you.

I don't have a very detailed plan to try to win TBL at work but I do want to work out at least 45 min/ 5x week and stay below 1500 cal. I'm already struggling with the calorie part. I just want to eat mindlessly so much. I need to get my mind back to where it was where food wasn't such a necessity every second of the day. But alas, no clue how to do that.
Closed Thread