3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   Monthly Chats-April '10 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/198658-monthly-chats-april-10-a.html)

momof4under5 04-06-2010 10:58 AM

Monthly Chats-April '10

I see everyone is still trucking along...some are putting along and other are speeding along!! Atleast most everyone is moving!!!

I had just started to get better with a little cough and now I got it back. I went for chest xrays yesterday. My lungs didnt have pneumonia but they were "light fluffy and irritated". So he put me on more steroids and strong antibiotics and schedule a puminary appt for 3 weeks if it doesnt get better by then so they can see what is wrong....HOPING it gets better. Oh yeah he went to give me more cough syrup and I was like UHHH NOOO I threw up with it last time even threw up my meds so he gave me these little tiny balls...I WAS LIKE SWEET!!!

Easter went well going on a womans retreat this weekend and it is much needed. With my husband still being off work AHHHHH. I have sooo much laundry as soon as I get done thats want I am going to be doing. I thought this morning laundry is like losing weight..you work and get some done and gone then they come back plus more!!! HATE IT!!

I am half working on watching my calories....which is good for me from not caring to starting to care! Hopefully this time when I get the train going no one jumps in front of me...last tim is when my husband started making all those sweets and I was over calories every day so I just quit and never started again that was last year.

Ok ladies I will catch personals later!!! Have a great day!!

momof4under5 04-06-2010 11:03 AM

TRISH'S POST

My little one is still cranky and ornery and I am still not getting any sleep. My DH and I had a nice blow out the other day. I think it was good for us. I have been feeling very overloaded and just plugging along, while he gets all of the sleep that he wants etc. Anyway he is helping more so that is good.

Aunty I don't know what to tell you except that I have been there. I remember with my ex husband I came home from work one night after a trying time there and he had just sat on the couch the entire day (was out of a job) and he asked me when I was going to clean the house and fix dinner. I just lost it and told him since I had the job that made me the provider and him the housewife so he needed to get off his lazy but and do it. Needless to say that did not go over very well, but there is a reason that he is my ex hubby. I feel for you though and I hope that it gets better. Maybe just let him know how overwhelming it is for you and that it would be nice if he could help. I doubt it will help, but just know I do sympathize and that is all I can say.

Vermont - I wish I could get the motivation to try to run (or walk jog) I do walk but I feel that I am not getting going fast enough quick enough if you know what I mean. Anyway, I am really impressed with the running, keep up the good work.

Well my in-laws got here (a day early) but it has been fine so far. I will talk to you all later have a great day.

Trish
I'm making some progress with my eating habits. Tonight I made a big country meal: meatloaf, deviled eggs, smashed potatoes with cheese and bacon, rolls, and fresh green beans/asparagus/snap pea medley. I took a small portion of each and started to get up and go back for more but I stopped myself. I had only had 500 calories so far for the day so I told myself I needed to figure out what I had just eaten before I shoved down anymore of this fattening meal. After I calculated I found I was still just under 1300 and I don't want to add to that. I also found that by just taking a time out I realized that I'm full on the smaller portions that I had. Progress.

Sorry for the hubby troubles. I'm not sure that men will ever do the amount of housework women still do, even the 'helpful' ones. I hate to say helpful b/c it implies that housework is our job, and it isn't but you know what I mean.

Anybody have plans for Easter? I'll be working this weekend but at least I get off at reasonable times. I've been trying to think of something to fix for Easter dinner. We've had ham recently, any ideas?

Did you all desert me? I'm talking to myself.

Happy Easter!!

We were slow today at work b/c most people were in church and with their families. I unfortunately think I'm getting sick again. So many people at work have some sort of cold or sinus thing going on. It's not a good time since I have a test on wednesday that I need to be alert enough to study for.

Today would have been my mom and dad's 40th anniversary if my dad was still alive. I tried to call my mom but she wasn't home. I hope she was out having a big dinner with somebody.

Good night peeps.

Hope
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~VE RMONT'S POSTS FROM APRIL
sorry hope! we were listening especially me, at the description of your yummy country meal. Kudos for keeping the calories at where you wanted!

i sure hope you're not getting sick again. It's so hard when you are around people in retail setting, or school, or even work. I have a small bucket of bleach-treated water that I prepare as soon as i get to work, then I wipe down everything that I have to touch. I'm sure my boss thinks I'm a germ-o-phobe or just weird, but I don't care. I don't see him wash his hands much so I especially wipe down anything I know he has touched

We had record breaking warm weather on Friday and Saturday. Sure was nice. I've been riding the motorcycle to work regularly. Then have to deal with helmet hair but I can always just pull it back.

I had to work Easter also, but only from 11 am to 3 pm. When I got home I should have grabbed a rake and done some yard work but instead I put on shorts and sat in the lawn chair with the Sunday paper and that was nice I was DYING for some Easter chocolate but since we just bought 2 or 3 pieces for the boys, there was none to be had. Good thing.

I look back on how b-l-a-h I felt from Nov. to Feb/March...it is just too bad to 'lose' so many months!

I hope everyone has a good day. It's my Thursday and my last day at the yucky winter job is next Tuesday

Vermont
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HOPE'S POST FOR APRIL IN MARCH BOARD
Ok, I ate a Cadbury creme egg, but that was planned. I have one every Easter, more if I'm not dieting, and I fit it into my calories. But what was with the 2 pieces of toast with butter and honey after that? Didn't see that coming...

Thanks for keeping me company Vermont. It's been hot here too, almost 90 today. I think tomorrow will be the same. I'm off the next two days but I have a test on wednesday so I won't be sucking up any rays. It's no fun with your nose running non-stop anyway. Df is sore from a long ride this weekend and he is slightly sunburned.

Gotta hit the bed since I need to get up early and study all day, hopefully I won't feel so crappy then.
Hope

THESE WERE ALL APRILS THAT WERE ON MARCH'S THREAD!!

MoveMoveMove 04-06-2010 07:09 PM

Hello all. Glad to see everybody is still hanging in there - thru good days, bad days, sick days, study days, and SO stress days.

Well spring break came and went I did nothing I had planned. Tried working on the kitchen - it now looks worse than when I started. Tried working on the paperwork - see kitchen results.

The depression has eased. I found a link to an interesting article, I think here at 3FC, about aspartame and how it can make you feel. Alot of what I've been feeling lately was listed as symptoms of apartame poisoning - anger, violence, depression. Well my drink of choice is Canada Dry diet Ginger Ale - love that stuff - and I often drink two 12 packs a week or more. Have cut back on them (mostly because they are sometimes hard to find) and am feeling better. Barely any violent feelings but still some anger and depression.

I still think it may be time to restart the meds; I definitely need to start some therapy. Trying to find doctors is a pain. I went to my insurer's website and put in the criteria for a Psych. and it brought up over 230 doctors. And wouldn't you know it, the one that came recommened to me is NOT on that list. Well I'll work the list and shop it out to people I know who work in the field and see what I come up with.

On the weight loss front, I'm not really working hard. Right now I'm just logging my food - I bite it I write it. Did really good with that since I started March 1 except for the last 4 days or so, but I'm back on track now. Will be making an appointment with a dietician to work on calorie levels.

Take care everybody. I look forward to getting to know y'all.

jazzmegirl 04-06-2010 08:15 PM

Hi. I was recently diagnosed as bipolar and put on meds. Now, I'm trying to lose the weight I gained on them. My eating and exercise habits are really god, but the weight loss is slow going, and, I'm getting discouraged. I feel better emotionally, but feel less comfortable in my body. I'm religious about exercise, because getting in better shape is something I can feel proud of.
I'm 37, been blind since birth, I'm a jazz singer and an actress. Currently I sing in a bar once a month, and read stories to seniors once a week. I live with my 13-year-old daughter, two overweight dogs, and five cats. Just after the bipolar diagnosis, I found a mood disorders support group, which I attend twice a month, and like a lot. It's nice to meet you all. I'd like to start posting regularly for accountability, and maybemake some new friends in the process.
Amie

hope4me 04-07-2010 11:19 PM

Welcome MoveMoveMove and Jazzmegirl, looking forward to getting to know you both.

I had my test today. It was hard and I'm waiting on my grade to be posted. I'm glad it's over. Now I wish I was off for the next 2 days so I could actually enjoy them but it's back to the grind tomorrow. I just want to sleep in and watch Food Network all day. Yeah, I'm that exciting. ;)

Miss you guys...

momof4under5 04-08-2010 12:49 AM

welcome newbies!!

hope- i am sure you did well on your test...I am thinking bout going back to school but that kinda makes me nervouse..we will see...i would love to sleep in and watch food network!!

got meetings tomorrow then would like to go see my foster daughter whos in a group home but its 3 hours away and thats a long drive for the kids but we all miss her and she desperately misses the kids. then friday I am going away to a womens retereat so it should be a nice weekend!!
lata

VermontMom 04-08-2010 07:54 AM

thank you for starting the April thread momof4 :) and sorry you're still sick!

welcome :welcome: to MoveMove and jazzmegirl ! Marcia, lol @ 'see kitchen results'. Give yourself credit that you were motivated to try!

hi hope, glad your test is over and I wish you could rest for a couple days too!

I work out every day but eat like a hog. Then I get discouraged at not being 10 pounds smaller. Duh. I am just holding on to the fact that my Icky winter job ends next Tuesday, then I have a good 2 weeks off, then I start my wonderful summer job, and that is usually when I can get a better grip on my eating.
:hug: to everyone else here

Leenie 04-08-2010 09:06 AM

Good Morning,

Oh my, it is April isn't it lol. Just popping in to say hello and I'm sorry I haven't had time to post, my job is insanely busy which is not a bad thing.

I hope everyone is doing well... love yah's !!

Leenie

hope4me 04-08-2010 10:47 PM

Momof4, I hope you enjoy your retreat. I'm glad you get to get away.

Leenie, long time no see. Glad to hear from you. I figured work was keeping you busy.

Vermont, glad your job is ending soon! Enjoy your two weeks off. I hate thinking about all the time in the past I've lost to days spent in bed or just in the house hiding.

I found out today that I made a 92 on my test, so yay. I was so stressed out about it for some reason. One more test and it's over thank goodness. Can't wait.

Have a great day tomorrow everybody.

VermontMom 04-09-2010 07:33 AM

congrats on that 92 hope!!! that is stellar and I'm sure you'll ace the last one too.

I wasted about 4 hours of my life in bed yesterday. And stayed in bed an hour later than I should this morning. Do people who don't have depression get up in the morning looking forward to things, because I haven't been lately and forget what it's like :?:

momof4under5 04-09-2010 10:37 AM

hope-that is awesome!!! its really bad cause like today I DONT WANNA GO...I do feel like going and being around people. Id rather stay home and lay around...ugh. I hate when I feel like this.

vermont-i dont know I wonder that to. Like the last two days after I got the foster boy on the bus I stayed up and was ready to start my day and get stuff done...today I just went back up to bed and got up at like 9:30 cause I had to and now my day is going to be behind

My son is driving me crazy all ready...i wanna box his ears in. The boys got to camp out in the living room well the 7 yr old stayed up late (part of the reason I didnt get them up early for school) But they know when they get up to get dressed and eat breakfast well he got dressed and decided he would sit infront of the tv for an hour. So now at 10:30 when I am ready to start school he goes into a melt down about hes hungry cause he didnt come out for breakfast. So I told him to knock it off and get started with school...yes it be easier to let him get something to eat but then he learned NO lesson...I will let him have lunch early but UGHH sometimes I hate being a parent when you have to make the decisions....oh well everyone probably thinks I am mean and nasty...

ok gonna go...got tons of clothes to get thru...change for summer, wash, fold, pack...AHHH

jazzmegirl 04-09-2010 01:59 PM

Hi. Momof4 you do what you have to do, parenting is hard. Hope congrats on the test, I'm sure your next one will go well. I also layed in bed til eight this morning, woke up very depressed, but, once I got going, my mood lifted. I work out today, so, that should help the depression.
Amie

Aunty Jam 04-10-2010 02:15 AM

Hey everyone... sorry I haven't been around, things have been a little crazy, some of my family aren't very healthy and it's taken up a lot of my "free" time to help out. I don't mind but I do need a break (and now look, on the computer at midnight!).

Hubby and I had a big screaming match, I told him exactly what I thought and then some, he did the same, we almost ended it but decided to stay together. I love that big oaf, I really do, I think I would be more unhappy without him and he promised to do more around the house. He has been looking after the kitchen and the bathroom which is a major improvement. I'm working on breaking him of some of his habbits like leaving clothes in the living room and not cleaning up after himself. He's discovered it's a lot of work to keep a kitchen clean even when it is just the 2 of us, usually it's his mess so I just stand back and smile (trust me, I hear it if it's mine).

Other then all of this it's just kind of life as usual... always trying to stay one step ahead of the monster, keep the eating under control and keep running. It was nice to read updates on all of you and a big hello to our new people.

hope4me 04-11-2010 12:25 AM

Vermont, I've wondered that SO many times over the years. I wonder if they just feel indifferent or are they actually excited about life? Sorry you are feeling bad, I thought things were looking up with the warm weather and all. Maybe the end of your winter job will help.

Aunty Jam, caretaking is one of the hardest things you can do, but also one of the most important. Take care of yourself too. I'm glad you got through to your hubby. I hope he follows through.

I had a great dinner with a friend tonight, mahi mahi and shrimp. Pretty healthy too. Gotta get to bed.

VermontMom 04-11-2010 08:09 AM

hello everyone :)

momof4, it is hard to stick to the rules when you know it would be 'easier' to give in but you are right, you are trying to consistently stick to your rules and that is hopefully what the kids will remember. You are a good mom! :hug:

Amie, that is true that even though I am lying there feeling so bleh, once I get up and just start moving it is better than continuing laying there.

auntyjazz I'm sorry for the blowout, that is distressing isn't it but glad you are still together! and that DH is taking a more active part in responsibility around the house. And sorry to hear of the family members not being well.

hope4me, :wave: I thought I was doing well too. Maybe I just have to accept that bad days will happen even in the midst of a good streak.

We woke to snow falling and the ground being white yesterday..one week ago it was 80 degrees! but the snow melted by noon. Now its grey and rainy and 40, that's more typical spring weather for us.

I've backed off the jogging but have continued walking, along with my video tapes. I wish consistent exercise was my cure for depression, but I have found myself leaking at the eyes during my walks sometimes too! :?: but that was when I was remembering walking our dog, who passed away a couple years ago.

well I'm really glad to have you guys here, it's just too bad that even though I know my DH loves me, he just can't offer understanding.