Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 10:10 PM   #46  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope4me View Post
It got me down for a while today I have to admit. I'll get through it, I always have but it still sucks.
That...sucks!!!! No one should ever assume a woman is pregnant unless there are babies falling out of her I'm so sorry she said that and it got you down.It would have made me for sure!!!
Old 03-29-2010, 10:35 PM   #47  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Thanks everybody. The woman wasn't trying to be mean, she just actually thought I was pregnant and was trying to tell someone who I was. I appreciate all of your support. I'm 95% over it.

Vermont, I'm so impressed with the jogging. I've so wanted to do that but I just have it in my head that I am incapable of jogging/running. I've never been able to do it at any weight. Can you tell if it's helping your moods at all yet. I think of jogging as the ultimate cardio and envy those who get 'runner's high'. Have you felt it yet, or maybe in years past?

Trish, that's probably what I need to do is to invite somebody over. My house is never as clean as when I'm going to have company. I need to schedule a visit with somebody once a month at least. How is your little one doing?

Pure, great job on walking in the rain. That's dedication. I walked on saturday but it was nice and sunny and I had a friend with me. Hang in there with school. My semester is over May 10. When is yours over?

Momof4, where are your long posts? I know you've had a rough time lately. I hope you and your hubby are doing better.

Aunty Jam, Buddly, Leenie? What's going on with y'all?

I've still been wanting to munch at night. For 2 1/2 months I haven't wanted anything after dinner (can't believe I could say that!), now I have that crazed, out of control feeling. Why?

Last edited by hope4me; 03-30-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:50 AM   #48  
Biker Chick!

hope4me, I dont' have enough time now...but I will post tonight

I hope everyone has a good day it's my Friday
Old 03-30-2010, 12:06 PM   #49  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Aw, thanks for thinking of me hope4me. That's sweet of you.

I'm not sure if it's the seriously messy house or the cold, the job I seriously hate or the fact that it's almost "that time" but I am bummed. I guess I'm half way to my goal weight but when I look in the mirror all I see is fat, fat FAT!!! My ulgy apple shaped body has a huge target on the tummy and that's about all I see. It bugs me because I know it's the fat I'm least likely to lose. It's enough to make me surgery except for the fact that we're so broke we keep getting disconnection letters.

And then there's the husband... <sigh>. Sometimes I wonder how I ever thought this would work. I came home from my business trip to a disgusting house with overflowing garbages. He says he was seriously depressed while I was gone but really??? Come on! I've been home a week now and guess who had to empty both garbages? Guess who else is fine with an absolutely filthy bathroom? Guess who cleaned the kitchen (but not the floors) and thinks he's done his cleaning for the year? Guess who has a JOB and who doesn't! Why should I have to work at work all day and then at home all night too? If I mention it he makes this big production about it (and he calls me dramatic) and says "What have YOU done lately???" if I say "I work!" he has a big fit. (Is it pathetic I don't want to fight because it upsets the dogs? Our 65lb mutt cowers in fear when he hears his Daddy yelling, he wasn't abused, just overly sensitive.) The only things he ever works hard on are things that he cares about, the basement, his pool table, his garage, tomato plants etc. While I have to fight with him to get him to mow the lawn or rake leaves (I'm allergic). I'm just not sure how much longer I can do this.

Sorry for the long rant
Old 03-30-2010, 08:19 PM   #50  
Biker Chick!

Aunty Jam, I am sorry to hear about that situation I don't have any advice though. My DH had never done a bathroom cleaning, never vacuumed without me asking him too, doesn't pick up to 'neaten', has never raked. But he does do all the grocery shopping and cooking (he likes to be fed well, and he can do it better than i can) and he does wash dishes, and he did change diapers and did as much child care when our boys were young.

I guess I'm trying to say that even though I can get ex-treeeemely frustrated at the 'unfairness' of some things, maybe they even out. But even though I'm trying to be open-minded and non-judgemental, I think I would be very unhappy at coming home from work (from a hated job) and finding an unemployed husband who had not emptied garbages or done stuff. And sorry for the dog who gets scared at the raised voices.

hope4me, I remember I jogged for a time back in the late 80's, it was the only exercise I was doing but I felt good at the time. I tried to jog a couple years ago, when I was almost 20 pounds heavier than now...and I remember my abdomen jiggling, and my legs felt so heavy, and I thought my insides were gonna fall out and I thought "I can Never do this!!"

so it was such a surprise the other day when I tried it and found I could. I think I am enjoying it because it is something new, and it is outside, in the fresh air. I am lucky that I can do it mostly on a dirt road with maybe one car an hour passing by. I could choose to also go on the main road but pavement is of course harder on the body, and each time a car or truck goes by (a rural area but not completely dead) I do have to concentrate on moving to the side a bit more..and watching my footing because there are slopes in some spots.

I do not think I have experienced a 'runners high' yet. Probably because I haven't run yet I also don't think I've felt the endorphins from my regular workouts, just a good feeling that 'I did it, I did something good for my body and it's done for the day'. I AM in a better mood overall than I have been all winter. I don't know if it is just the time of the season that I 'bounce back' (I kinda die a bit in the winter) or maybe some of it is from doing something new, and outside.

I was given advice from a friend who is a life long marathoner that I need to back up a bit and take it easy. Apparently your cardio can adapt quickly to the harder workout but one's joints, ligaments, etc. take alot longer and then it is easy to injure yourself. And I am an old 49-yr-older so I don't have youth on my side I don't want to hurt myself so that I can't workout, or can't ride my motorcycle! so I am following his advice and am going to walk 100 feet, jog 100 feet. I will have to estimate 100 feet, he said to go from telephone pole to telephone pole but I guess the t-phone poles in his state of CT are different than ours so I have to guesstimate.

well ladies I can only wish that we all have more good days than bad
Old 04-01-2010, 01:30 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

My little one is still cranky and ornery and I am still not getting any sleep. My DH and I had a nice blow out the other day. I think it was good for us. I have been feeling very overloaded and just plugging along, while he gets all of the sleep that he wants etc. Anyway he is helping more so that is good.

Aunty I don't know what to tell you except that I have been there. I remember with my ex husband I came home from work one night after a trying time there and he had just sat on the couch the entire day (was out of a job) and he asked me when I was going to clean the house and fix dinner. I just lost it and told him since I had the job that made me the provider and him the housewife so he needed to get off his lazy but and do it. Needless to say that did not go over very well, but there is a reason that he is my ex hubby. I feel for you though and I hope that it gets better. Maybe just let him know how overwhelming it is for you and that it would be nice if he could help. I doubt it will help, but just know I do sympathize and that is all I can say.

Vermont - I wish I could get the motivation to try to run (or walk jog) I do walk but I feel that I am not getting going fast enough quick enough if you know what I mean. Anyway, I am really impressed with the running, keep up the good work.

Well my in-laws got here (a day early) but it has been fine so far. I will talk to you all later have a great day.

Trish
Old 04-01-2010, 08:01 PM   #52  
Starting Again

I'm making some progress with my eating habits. Tonight I made a big country meal: meatloaf, deviled eggs, smashed potatoes with cheese and bacon, rolls, and fresh green beans/asparagus/snap pea medley. I took a small portion of each and started to get up and go back for more but I stopped myself. I had only had 500 calories so far for the day so I told myself I needed to figure out what I had just eaten before I shoved down anymore of this fattening meal. After I calculated I found I was still just under 1300 and I don't want to add to that. I also found that by just taking a time out I realized that I'm full on the smaller portions that I had. Progress.

Last edited by hope4me; 04-02-2010 at 11:46 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:57 PM   #53  
Starting Again

Sorry for the hubby troubles. I'm not sure that men will ever do the amount of housework women still do, even the 'helpful' ones. I hate to say helpful b/c it implies that housework is our job, and it isn't but you know what I mean.

Anybody have plans for Easter? I'll be working this weekend but at least I get off at reasonable times. I've been trying to think of something to fix for Easter dinner. We've had ham recently, any ideas?
Old 04-04-2010, 10:30 PM   #54  
Starting Again

Did you all desert me? I'm talking to myself.

Happy Easter!!

We were slow today at work b/c most people were in church and with their families. I unfortunately think I'm getting sick again. So many people at work have some sort of cold or sinus thing going on. It's not a good time since I have a test on wednesday that I need to be alert enough to study for.

Today would have been my mom and dad's 40th anniversary if my dad was still alive. I tried to call my mom but she wasn't home. I hope she was out having a big dinner with somebody.

Good night peeps.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:33 AM   #55  
Biker Chick!

sorry hope! we were listening especially me, at the description of your yummy country meal. Kudos for keeping the calories at where you wanted!

i sure hope you're not getting sick again. It's so hard when you are around people in retail setting, or school, or even work. I have a small bucket of bleach-treated water that I prepare as soon as i get to work, then I wipe down everything that I have to touch. I'm sure my boss thinks I'm a germ-o-phobe or just weird, but I don't care. I don't see him wash his hands much so I especially wipe down anything I know he has touched

We had record breaking warm weather on Friday and Saturday. Sure was nice. I've been riding the motorcycle to work regularly. Then have to deal with helmet hair but I can always just pull it back.

I had to work Easter also, but only from 11 am to 3 pm. When I got home I should have grabbed a rake and done some yard work but instead I put on shorts and sat in the lawn chair with the Sunday paper and that was nice I was DYING for some Easter chocolate but since we just bought 2 or 3 pieces for the boys, there was none to be had. Good thing.

I look back on how b-l-a-h I felt from Nov. to Feb/March...it is just too bad to 'lose' so many months!

I hope everyone has a good day. It's my Thursday and my last day at the yucky winter job is next Tuesday
Old 04-05-2010, 10:38 PM   #56  
Starting Again

Ok, I ate a Cadbury creme egg, but that was planned. I have one every Easter, more if I'm not dieting, and I fit it into my calories. But what was with the 2 pieces of toast with butter and honey after that? Didn't see that coming...

Thanks for keeping me company Vermont. It's been hot here too, almost 90 today. I think tomorrow will be the same. I'm off the next two days but I have a test on wednesday so I won't be sucking up any rays. It's no fun with your nose running non-stop anyway. Df is sore from a long ride this weekend and he is slightly sunburned.

Gotta hit the bed since I need to get up early and study all day, hopefully I won't feel so crappy then.
Closed Thread