3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   March 2010 Monthly Chick Chat - Come Join Us (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/195986-march-2010-monthly-chick-chat-come-join-us.html)

hope4me 03-12-2010 09:41 PM

Aww, Buddly, that just really made my day. It has been so long since I could have given anyone hope to do anything. You guys here have really kept me going more than you know through the past couple of years, through the good and bad. I'm proud of you for going to the support group and doing what you need to do to make life better.

I unfortunately caught df's cold. I thought I was going to avoid it. I think I'll take some nyquil and hit the hay.

buddly 03-13-2010 05:25 PM

Thanks Hope.

I'm finding out that ripping old journals to burn is not a good thing to do when you are already feeling down. I know all of that stuff is in the past (journals are from 94-99) but boy just scanning a little and I'm getting pulled back. I sure hope tomorrow is a better day.

Hope you are all having a good weekend.
Take care,
K

momof4under5 03-13-2010 10:27 PM

So yeah its been a heck of a week...I have had this cough since the beg. of feb. and it got worse so I went to the dr. on tuesday. He gave me steroids a very high dose of them for 10days. and antibiotics and if its not better in 7 days to go back...well thursday I thought i was dying..i had bad coughing fits that i almost passed out and I cried making dinner. I lost 10lbs in 3 days from not eating cause i was sick. Then 4 of my kids managed to be running fevers and coughing alll since tuesday. Plus my husband still cant do anything and up until today he hasnt been eating any solid food so i have had to blend his food. Then today his gout kicked up. My laundry is piling so high. My body is still very weak and I am shaking (mostly from the steroids). I am still coughing and my chest rattles when I breath and when start cough it gets so bad I feel like i am drowning because i cant get a breath in. so we will see what this is like on monday if i need chest xrays.

I havent been on since i have been sick tonight is the first night I have even wanted to do much.

i will do personals another time sorry...

cmyhc01 03-15-2010 09:47 AM

Hi ladies,

Wow, March hasn't been the easiest month for many of us, huh? Momof4--I hope you feel better soon, and same for your husband and children. I can't even imagine how difficult that all must be for you. Big big hugs to you :hug:

I must confess that I've fallen off the wagon...the protein sparing modified fast just became too much. I grew SO sick of eating only protein. I gained a couple of pounds back but I have to tell you my spirits have been much better since I've started eating normal food again. I'm meeting with my weight loss md and my dietician on Wednesday, so between us we'll decide if I want to go the low fat/high fiber route or maybe I'll try calorie counting. It's going to be an adjustment losing weight at a more normal rate (I lost 38 pounds in 7 weeks while doing the psmf), but I think for my sanity it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

I hope you are all doing well this Monday morning. It's a soaked one here in Boston, but they're promising sun and 50s/60s later this week so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Take care, all...and keep up the good fight!!

hope4me 03-16-2010 10:10 PM

Quiet in here...

I've had a cold for a few days and now I just have a lingering cough that is driving me nuts. I haven't been able to work out because I've been sick. I think I will tomorrow no matter what. I was afraid of a terrible coughing fit if I get hot. I'm also afraid if I wait much longer it will throw me off track. I hope you all are doing better than the last times you checked in. :hug:

VermontMom 03-17-2010 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmyhc01 (Post 3201135)
Hi ladies,

Wow, March hasn't been the easiest month for many of us, huh?

Take care, all...and keep up the good fight!!

You are right! but I really really hope we all are doing better :hug:

momof4, I hadn't realized you were so sick, poor thing! are you better now?

cmyhc, how did your visit to dietician go today?

hope4me,:hug: to you! having a lingering coughs sux because yeah, when you get hot from working out hard the coughing fits are horrible and just drain you. But you want to keep your motivation for working out too. I hope you are better today.

Hi buddly, Leenie, Marcia and Oompaloompa :wave:

I've been getting some good amounts of regular sunshine and I know it is helping me. Plus we are having freakishly warm mild weather, usually it is like this only at the end of April. It might not last but I am taking advantage of it as much as possible. Have ridden my motorcycle each day, and even rode to work yesterday.

hope4me 03-18-2010 11:18 PM

Still quiet...

I finally worked out today and it was a struggle to get myself to do it. I knew just a few days off and I wouldn't want to do anything. I'm still not feeling that well. I slept in today and took a nap this afternoon. I still have the cough but it's a little better. It's amazing how after not working out for 5 days I was already beginning to get feel more sluggish like before. It doesn't take long, does it?

I had lunch with a good friend that I hadn't seen in a while but I felt like I wasn't very good company because I didn't feel so great. This week is my spring break from class and I wanted to get a lot done around the house but it just didn't happen. I guess I should just be grateful that I

Momof4, how is everyone in your house? Miss seeing you but I know you've been sick.

Vermont, glad to hear you are doing a little better. It's sunny here too but I haven't gotten to enjoy it like I wanted to. Df has been on a couple of rides.

Cmyhc, what diet plan did you decide to follow. I'm calorie counting. It works well for me because I can eat mostly healthy food but also can eat anything as long as it fits into my calories for the day.

Buddly, I can see how reading old journals can get you caught up in the past. I've done the same with yearbooks and pictures. I think it's kinda neat though that you can see where you were then compared to now. Are you feeling better? Has the weather still been good for you up there?

Hi to everyone else and all the newbies, feel free to jump in! I miss everybody.

cmyhc01 03-19-2010 09:32 AM

Good morning and happy Friday everybody!

So my appointment was cancelled on Wednesday :( I didn't end up rescheduling it yet because my boyfriend and I are moving in a couple of weeks and I thought it best for both of us if I don't get diet crazy during the process. I've been maintaining since I went of of the psmf and keeping an eye on the scale to make sure I don't start gaining.

Once we get settled I think I might start back up with WW, and even though I know how to do it on my own I'm planning on attending the weekly meetings so I'll have similar accountability as I did with the psmf support group. Plus I was discharged from PT today for my knee and if I get the go ahead from my ortho I'm going to start up the Couch Potato to 5K program then too. I just have to make sure that I don't fall into the "I'll get to it later/I'm too busy now" excuses once we've actually made the move.

Thank you Vermontmom and hope4me for checking in!

How are you feeling today hope4me? How about you momof4?

Vermontmom--this NE weather has been gorgeous, hasn't it? It's definitely helping my mood for sure. I'm definitely going to fit a walk in outside tomorrow as I'm hearing it's supposed to be just as nice. I'm really getting excited for this winter to be a distant memory.

:hug: to you all!!! I hope everyone is able to enjoy the weekend!

hope4me 03-19-2010 10:35 PM

I've been a little down for a couple of days. I'm chalking it up to not working out and being sick. I find myself starting to think that things are hopeless and just feeling sad overall. I'm hoping my workout today and yesterday brings me back to life. I was feeling so different before catching this cold, better than I had in a long time. I know the endorphins from getting my heart rate up were the reason. I wasn't sluggish and had energy to get things done. I'm getting to the point where I just want to sleep. But, tomorrow is a new day...

I'm working all weekend, what are y'all doing? :)

LadyJez 03-20-2010 12:04 AM

Beware the Ides of March

This has been the week of Julius Cesaer's ghost haunting me. Nothing went right.
Oh, yeah. Hi.

The only good thing is that I'm down 12 lbs. But I've been in pain from muscle spasms in my back and neck, which makes it hard to sleep. Those finally seem to be lessening.
I keep forgetting to take my meds in the morning. It's a good think I keep some at work, just in case I forget to change it.
I, too, just haven't been able to get going in the morning. I've been late to work, which isn't good.
Next week has to be better. Please let it be better.

VermontMom 03-20-2010 07:03 AM

Hi LadyJez, nice to meet you! :wave:

hope4me, :hug: and sorry that you've been feeling down! it was great that you were on a roll with working out, and sux that the cold kept you from it. I sure hope you're feeling better today. The only good thing I can say about work, is that it forces me out of bed some days. And when you're feeling really hopeless about stuff, things DO get better, eventually!!

I also work weekends. Oh and I think I have the beginnings of a head cold, bleh. But my first one since last April.

Hi cmyhc01, and everyone else. :) I'll put a stronger smilie here :D, that's the 'fake it til you make it' guy :devil:

hope4me 03-20-2010 10:15 PM

Well it's day 3 of working out and it's getting a little easier every day. My mood is a rollercoaster. I almost started crying while I was working out. :dizzy: How ridiculous and yet I feel better now.

Vermont, work does at least get us up and out doesn't it? We were so busy today with the good weather and all. My next day off isn't until friday. I hope you get one sooner than that.

You guys really need to jump back in here b/c my posts are really boring. Come back!!

momof4under5 03-21-2010 12:22 AM

hey girls....starting to return to normal....I had lost 16lbs in less than a week from being so sick..I gained 5 of it back though when I started eating again. I just finished the steroids and I am still coughing. Not as bad so I think its finally going to go and I dont have to call the dr again!!

Husband is doing ok...in pain if hes up doing to much. I am struggling just to keep up with everything...I have my husband helping with the boys school because If I have to do EVERYTHING else because he cant then he can do that. The kids have been able to go outside so that has been great. I am half way done with my 20 some loads of laundry. I am hoping to get them almost done tomorrow night so I can start the week out with NO laundry and NO dishes!!

I am almost to my breaking point with my weight I dont want to go thru another summer outta weight and not able to do stuff because I am so outta shape but just getting started is sooooo hard. I walked down to the store with my mom today when she was here and it wasnt fun....just blah....It makes me fel sooo blah cause I cant breath and everything..But I am ready finally again to actually do something. I havent felt this ready for like a year and a half. back when I did my calories and lost the 3 lbs a week because I was eating right! So I guess I need to follow hopes lead and get my butt moving weither it sucks or not!!

Ok well I need to get to bed I have to teach kids church tomorrow and have to get all 5 kids ready by myself tomorrow...ughhh...I will check back tomorrow and see how everyone is doing!!
NIGHT!

buddly 03-22-2010 03:03 PM

I everyone!
Wow! it is quiet in here. I hope its because most of you are busy with spring things.

Not much new around here. Its grey and dreary today, so of course feels cold and yucky. The dog and I went out for a 40min walk Saturday night, showed me how much I miss our walks. (the sun was out and I knew I needed a shot of natural vitamin D) Anyway I'm still working on the decluttering, its a slow process, but some progress is being made. I'll get this living thing worked out yet. :) Things are changing at work so I'm hoping/dreading for some more hours. I find the job a little hard on the bod, but I can do it and I work with some good ladies and getting a larger paycheque for a bit would be very nice. So we'll just have to see what happens.

Well I should get going see what trouble I can get into ;)

Hope everyone has a better week. :grouphug:

Take care all,
K

Purefire 03-23-2010 01:50 AM

Hello Ladies...

Things have been really hectic here... 4 weeks left of actual classes and then I go on my externship. This mod this is so much homework that I am already having trouble keeping up with it all.

Weight loss wise... I have been doing terrible.. I have actually gained 10lbs so I am not happy about that but my boyfriend has been here for the last month... so that might be why. We have eaten out a lot... which doesn't help. I try to eat healthy but apparently not well enough. He leaves on Thursday morning for college in PA... and I actually can't wait... I am so off schedule with everything that I really don't know what to do with myself.

On top of everything my sleep has been really messed up. Either I sleep to much or I am not tired at all... and I don't want to take sleeping pills so I just don't know what to do about it...

Going to try and get some sleep... Hopefully I can...

Have a good night ladies.