Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 09:39 AM   #61  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Leenie, good to see you and big . I hate to hear about the work situation. I'll put in a good word for you with the man upstairs. Try to get in a short workout and a long bath. It will do wonders.

Aunty Jam, sorry your plans were broken. Sometimes it's almost worse than having no plans. When that happens I try to do something like workout or do my nails, anything positive to help you feel better. And remember, you can always chat with us here.

Going to go study and go back to work. We had an early meeting and I'm scheduled 2-8pm later. Yippee. Oh, and I was in charge of picking up 7 dozen glazed doughnuts at 5:30am and 5 dozen bagels. My car smelled heavenly but . I was good though and skipped it all. Shocking, isn't it?

Last edited by hope4me; 02-21-2010 at 09:40 AM.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:47 PM   #62  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hi Lennie - Hah.. if you weren't in New Jersey I'd say it sounds like we work for the same company!

Hope - I actually ended up working out for an hour and 20 minutes that night, lost a pound, then gained it back the next day with bbq'd burgers.

What is a girl to do...
Old 02-21-2010, 10:32 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

leenie-when things were up in the air with job for husband he has always stood on he knows who his provider is. He doesnt depend on his employer to provide because he knows God is his provider...if that makes senses...I know it helped easy the worry some when I thought of it that way!!

hope-that is awesome dont know if i coulda skipped them...lol

aunty jam-WOWOWOWOWOWW I cant believe you worked out that long...I could do the 20 mins but and 1hr and 20 crazy! Good Job...it will pay off in the end!!

So my foster daughter that got sent away before christmas is now very down and writing me. I wish I could just fix everything but I cant. I cant even have her come back home they wont let her. But it was her choices that got her there and sometimes we dont leatn until we are in those situations. We dont listen to other peoples wisdom...sigh..it just makes me sad cause I love her soo and shes suffering.

we are leaving for alabama in a few days so getting ready for that. Actually going to go clean here so its done and I can concentrate on laundry tomorrow then packin on Tuesday....

Ok well catch you all lata!!
Old 02-22-2010, 11:54 AM   #64  
Gotta run!

Thanks Mom... I alternated harder exercise with some easier step stuff so I was able to keep going for longer. Checked the scale this morning because I wasn't happy with my 165 weigh in on Sunday and it said 163 A whole 2 pound difference between yesterday and today.

Some people have to learn the hard way... I know I was always one of those and unfortunately some people have to learn the really hard way. Maybe if she talked to those in charge and found out what she could do to earn the right to visit you it would give her a goal. Something to work towards like we're all doing.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:50 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 395/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Hi, Ladies! Sounds like you all have some great conversations on here!! Not sure how much I'll visit. New to the board and overwhelmed with life at the moment. But can always use the connections to people with similar goals.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:41 AM   #66  
Mrs. Brady

S/C/G: 283/259/180

Height: 5'6"

Welcome, basketcase. I hope we see a lot of you. (And less and less of you, as time goes by. )

That was a really bad weight-loss joke. Sorry. I'm afraid I'm very sleepy. It's been a long day, and I've got to get up in 8 hours and do it all over again. Good night, everybody.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:11 PM   #67  
Starting Again

TOM is on the way any minute now and for the first time in a while I have been wanting to eat and eat and mindlessly eat some more all day long. I haven't done too bad but the crazy urge is definitely there. I hate that out of control feeling so much. The fear of going off plan and not being able to get back on sucks and is all too familiar. I hope today is the only day that it is this strong.

Welcome basketcase!

Have a great day tomorrow everyone.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:11 AM   #68  
Mrs. Brady

Early bed tonight. Can't even stay up and watch the ladies' figure skating, which I really wanted to do....

But I'm overwhelmingly sleepy. It's the way it goes, after my experience last night. That kind of thing (mild seizure, mentioned it in other threads, but some might not have seen) takes a lot out of a person. I've slept most of the day, but I'm still barely awake now.

'Nite all.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:48 AM   #69  
Mrs. Brady

Well, scratch going to bed. Just off the phone with DD#2, Eratosthanes's sister, who dropped a bombshell on me and had me nearly hyperventilating. Now I'll need to wait an hour or so and tell hubby when he comes home.

My grandson just turned one year old. And now we've learned he's going to be a big brother before he's two....

*plonk*

Last edited by LovebirdsFlying; 02-24-2010 at 12:49 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:07 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

We are leaving for the RAMP in Alabama (Karen Wheatons place) in a few hours. DH got called in to the surgeons office yesterday. Dr. said back was bad operating on it this next wed its so bad....we are gone without kids for 5 days...so im going to pack
Excited cause when I got on the scale today it said 230...i havent seen that in a few months but havent done much other than not eating much late at night now and taking my meds!!
OK really gotta go...lata girls!!
Old 02-24-2010, 04:38 PM   #71  
Gotta run!

Hi Everyone...

Congrats Mrs Brady

Mom - Best of luck to your DH.

Bye everyone.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:04 PM   #72  

Hi Everyone!

Welcome Basketcase, looking forward to getting to know you better.

mom, enjoy your trip.

Hope how are you doing?

lovebirds congrats on the new grandbaby.

Aunty jam, congrats on the weight loss.

Vermont hows it going?

Leenie take care of yourself.

And Hi everyone else!!

Well I'm not doing so great, why is it as soon as I get told I have to smarten up I start eating like there is no tomorrow? It's so stupid, I know better. I'm starting to wonder if I should join TOPS or weight watchers for some accountability. Anyway my friend called and instead of meeting at a coffee shop we went for an hour and half walk. We started out in beautiful sunshine and came home in blowing snow, such is spring.
I got the call from the hospital yesterday and was able to book my overnight sleep study for March 22. Thankfully I can change it if I need to. Its a six hour drive so some planning is needed. My mom said she would go with me, so we can get a hotel room and spend a couple of nights there. Anyway, here's hoping I do whatever it is I need to for them to say, yes surgery will help.
I better get going, I've been trying to clean up as my daughter has a friend arriving from England tomorrow night. The least I can do is get the floor washed. Its his first time in Canada, so should be interesting. I don't think he has completely grasped how it is here. He lives in an area that is subdivision upon subdivision of row houses, we are on 5 acre lots. I had him google map our address (to show his mom where he'll be at) and he was shocked at all the trees and how few houses.

Take care everyone,
K
Old 02-25-2010, 06:32 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 162/155/115

Morning Ladies..

Just popping in to say hi..

Finally getting back on track after three weeks of being off track. I had been doing so good before I slipped...
Old 02-25-2010, 10:50 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 304/266/160

Height: 5'10"

Hi ladies!

I'm new to the forum and to the site in general but so happy that both exist. I'm looking forward to getting to know you and just from what I've read so far you are all strong, amazing women.

Cheers to you all!

Christine
Old 02-25-2010, 11:36 PM   #75  
Starting Again

Welcome Cmyhc01!

Buddly, I have done that a thousand times. When I feel cornered on weight loss, like I HAVE to do it, I eat like a mad woman.
Closed Thread