3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   Monday (1:33 am EST) August 19. 2002 I'M BACKKK! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/19219-monday-1-33-am-est-august-19-2002-im-backkk.html)

meg 1+2 08-19-2002 02:19 AM

Monday (1:33 am EST) August 19. 2002 I'M BACKKK!

Hello Ladies!!

I'm going to try this again, only the condensed version. I posted a 15 minute disertation on the wedding and then I lost it!!!!

So here is the short version.

My sons wedding was Friday evening. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful, they wrote their own vows, which no one had heard so it was all a surprise. Boy was I glad I brought the tissues! God was good to us, the ceremony took place outside in front of a gazebo which was surrounded by beautiful gardens over looking a very serene lake. It was 95 degrees but there was a little breeze. The ceremony was about 1/2 hour and then the cocktails and hors dourves (which were also outside) was another hour. Here is why I say God was good. We no sooner get into the reception hall when the wind whipped up, the sky opened, it started pouring , thundering and lightening. It lasted for about one hour, but all our business outside was done. Thank you God!!

The reception was a blast.
The DJ was excellent! Everyone danced till midnight. My hubby and I are pretty good dancers having taken ballroom dancing lessons years ago. We started the evening out enjoying ourselves even getting an applause after a dance. Then my dumb husband felt "obligated" to drink every drink someone bought for him. So "Fred Astaire" turned into a bumbling idiot!! He stepped on both my feet:mad: (I had sandals on) ripping both sides of my stockings, then he started singing in my ear (which I HATE) and this was the worst, he started grabbing my butt! :nono: Needless to say, that was the last dance we had!! I should say, that he was kind of funny, not really drunk but just pretty silly. Something he only did at the last sons wedding, thank goodness.

My grandaughter( 5 years old) stold the show. She was so beautiful!! She walked down the path and through the meadow throwing rose petals, she thought that was the coolest thing.

Well, before I loose this again, I am going to send it. Good to see you all, missed you! Welcome to all the newbies. Hope you stay and gab with us.

Hey one more thing... I didn't weight myself for the last two weeks and I jumped on the scale this morning....Lost five pounds (thought the scale was broke :lol:) through all the craziness!!! Guess the exercising and "dieting" is finally paying off!

See you all soon! Meg

Leenie 08-19-2002 07:56 AM

Good Morning Everyone !

MEG !!! glad to see everything encluding the weight went well. Weddings are a pain in the brookies but they are also such a joy. I love em when I'm just a guest. When your in the party you can't enjoy it as much. Soak those piggies in some salts (bad hubby, bad hubby). Welcome home.

Well the weekend was okay, the Bambino was teething sooo bad, she was a nightmare yesterday. Getting your eye teeth is really painful so all she wanted was momma and a bottle, oh and Elmo :bb: Hopefully she won't be so cranky for Mimi today.

Did some cleaning., etc...... sosdd.

Hope everyone had a good one ?

TTYL, Love Leens :dance:

Last day of freedom before boss woman comes back :mad:

cathyxxx 08-19-2002 10:48 AM

Morning gang!

I see the website looks different this morning - nice!

I had a busy weekend but it was good, so I came to work to get some rest. haha

Hope everybody has a great day!

be good,
Cathy :wave:

LindaT 08-19-2002 11:08 AM

Mornin'

Hi Ladies,

Oh hurray I can get back IN!! Missed my weekend of gabbing here.

Meg, glad to hear wedding went well.. now ou can sit back and relax. Will ya take a day or so off from the painting and just be a vegetable?

Leens, the Preparation H shrinks blood vessels, so according to my doctor this should shrink the blood vessels on my chin and next to my nose. She mentioned that there really isn't anything I can do for them if this doesn't work, aside from getting them removed. I got the results of my blood work and everything is pretty much normal. My LDL is still a little above normal, but not into scary territory. The weird stuff is according to the food I take in, I shouldn't be even a little high. My Registered dietitian told me years ago that being overweight can drive those levels up, no matter what I am eating. She took a look at what I am eating, no meat high in sat fats, no egg yolks, whole milk products.. and found nothing excessive that would do this. I guess its a good thing I the way I do, or else I could have a big problem. So onward and downward.

I had a lovely vacation.. got a few chores done, took lots of naps and had a good mental health break. Now I get to look forward to the next one... which is after Christmas..... argghh :(

Gosh, after a week off I am getting buried in emails.. and here I thought I'd get a breather this morning.. wrong!!

Not much else except hi everyone else.. kinda have to run now.

weeder 08-19-2002 06:56 PM

Hello everyone
well I made a mistake this morning and posted on the Friday daily.
It was quite lenghty but if anyone wants to find out a little about me they can go there and check it out.
I have also heard preperation H is good for the blood vessles I also heard something about undereye puffiness. Never tried it though. I don't get that.
I was just through a wedding with my youngest. July 20th, an outside wedding in our yard, I also had a trellis and the lake in the back and flower gardens( tha't why I call myself weeder, it never ends) anyway we lucked out on weather and the reception and dance were next door at a bar resteraunt. So it was good.
Well all for today, I'll try to post on Tuesday tomorrow. Take care all
Deb

CSummer71 08-19-2002 08:37 PM

Hello everyone! Haven't forgotten about this forum just have been having a few well okay maybe more then a few off food days. Am trying to motivate myself to start eating better tomorrow. I joined Tops and tomorrow is my first meeting, I will probably feel a bit silly if I go in with a gain after only one week :o But nonetheless I will be going and hopefully this meeting will help get me going here....I need a swift kick in the butt!!

Enjoy your evening.

Charlene :)