Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 06:54 AM   #46  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hope - way to go working out four times! Yay!!

to all!

Well, it's Monday, and we are a third of the way through January. I FEEL back on track... let's see if I can make it to lunch time!
Old 01-11-2010, 07:25 AM   #47  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good morning everyone My eating is still far from correct, I have misplaced my Miss Little Motivation also but I have continued to work out almost every day (didn't yesterday).

I HAVE to tackle the forms for me to make my med purchase from Canada, if I wait too long then I'll have to pay another month of over $100 for 30 days worth. That should be motivation you would think.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:58 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Man I feel like the ban wagon with all you are on and its going down the road with me running behind it waving for you guys to take me...lol Im struggling just to make it thru each day remaining sane!! You guys are all atleast trying to eat right and excercising.....GO YOU GUYS...maybe after reading bout it every day I might get moving on it!!

Honestly I havent taken meds in a few days cause they were making me very aggitated...i think it was the meds...so I am going to try taking them for again and see..if thats the case maybe I should consider finding different meds. I like snapped at my 7 yr old as soon as he woke up he wanted to play the wii and every day I tell him after nap time after he reads his books....and every day he asks me and when I answer him he just whins at me and I couldnt take it...i was doing better but now they are ALLL fighting and crying and screaming and that does ALOT to the nerves... I know biggest loser wouldnt take my problems away but I think it would change my life. A lot of times either my weight or my eating cause most of my emotional issues and then my emtional issues cause the weight....its such an awful cycle!!! Ok well I dont know whats going on I just want nap time..I sleep much better in the hour and half at nap than the 6 hours night time....I just want to sleep ALL DAY LONG....WHY....wish I could beat this cause really I dont want to live like this the rest of my life and dont want my kids to be grown and like outta here without me ever being a normal mom.

MAr-your too sweet thank you...its hard to think of the positive when I constantly feel like I dont have things together..

Trish-totally know what thats like with them being in time out all day but eventually they get the idea...and then they change how they are acting. Sometimes I am overwhelmed esp. when they are all fighting....Its not easy to raise kids and fight depression at the same time!

hope-you are awesome!! I remember why I liked you when I was on here before.....even though you struggle your still encouraging!!

Heather-posting something is better than nothing...and really your doing better than I am so your not as bad as others....

vermont-how much cheaper is it for the meds from there....I think the depression messes with our heads sometimes...I by accident didnt get the papers turned in for the kids insurance and it was cancelled...so yeah I have papers that are important but I cant get myself to do the stuff at time...UGHHH...My little miss motivation has been gone for a while.

Ok my kids are driving me CRAZYYYYYYYYYYY...

Last edited by momof4under5; 01-11-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:27 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi all Just finished my morning workout, I think I am ready to take it to twice a day so we will see. But I am doing fairly well so far, I need to get my menu plan for the week so that I can go grocery shopping after I take my dd to dance today.

Heather good job for getting back on track, congrats

Hope you sound really busy. I would go a little crazy

Vermont good luck with the forms I hope you get them done soon

Mom I hope that you get feeling more normal soon, good luck with it

Well I am off to get done what I need to get done. Talk to you later.

Trish

Last edited by trishn222; 01-11-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:31 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 162/155/115

Morning Ladies

At some point I will catch up on reading what is going on with everyone. Everything is so hectic that I don't have time for anything... Start Module 4 is School... Its a lot harder than I thought it was going to be... I have Pharmacology 1 and Clinical Procedure 1. There is so much homework, a lot to know for the tests and so much other stuff to do that I am swamped. Plus trying to spend time with my son.. I don't seem to have much of a life right now for much of anything...

Started eating right again.... Doing ok with it but I need to start exercising again. The pounds just aren't coming off... So... Plan on working on that 3 days a week at least to start

Burnt my toast this morning.. Don't ask me how but its not even edible :P So I have to make more.... such fun...

The holidays are over thank you much.. It was rather hectic... Spending Christmas morning with my son then flying to Indiana to spend the rest of Christmas up til New Years with my daughter. My boyfriend picked me up from my ex-husbands house.. Just to find out the his mother passed away New Years morning. Not the best way to spend the first day together after 7 weeks of being apart. I made him start with his dad with my being there with him for a few days... and missed a day of school.. before he drove me home...and was able to spend a week with me... It took me a week to catch up from the one day I missed...

Medication wise... I have been trying to keep on a schedule but over vacation I missed a few days...

Also working on figure out a schedule for the food I eat.. The calories I take in and getting in exercise with such a busy schedule..

Ok done my rant for the morning :P

Have a wonderful day all
Old 01-12-2010, 03:13 PM   #51  
okie dokie

S/C/G: 238/219/150

Height: 5'7"

momof4under5
when my laundry gets to this point I load it up and go to the laundrymat. I cost 20 to 30 bucks but I can get it all done and folded in less that 3 hours. Plus I kinda like to do it that way because it is all sorted folded in baskets and ready to be put away. Good luck..
Old 01-12-2010, 10:31 PM   #52  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

I ate a little too much today. We had mexican with some friends. I brought my baked tortilla chips but I ordered the cheese dip... When I got home I ate a mango and 1/2 of a peanut butter sandwich. I always feel like I have to eat when I watch The Biggest Loser, go figure.

Trish and Vermont, good job on the workouts.

Heather, glad you feel like you're getting back on track. It's so hard to do.

Momof4, I'm off tomorrow and I can't wait to sleep way too much. We all want to do that from time to time. How did today go? Still agitated?

Purefire, good to see you. You are wwaaayy busy.

Goodnight peeps.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:20 AM   #53  

ds-yes we have done the laundrymat thing before and it is easier...but we live in the city and the laundry mats are kinda scary...lol...

hope-not really aggitated but I am just constantly wanting to sleep...and not the Im exhausted i need my rest...the i just want to sleep to sleep....I was at this point bout two years ago before my welbutrin and it was from my lexapro from what I thought...now if i have caseworkers or tss's coming for the foster boy then I am up moving and doing what I need to...its like when no one is here or coming I do NOTHING...but if someones here I am up chipper and going at it...Is there like a loneliness depression? I dont get it...It has to be something mental...knowing all i have to do just overwhelms me so instead of doing it I lay down have the kids watch a movie and I sleep during the movie...Its getting worse as the days go because my body is in the pattern of not sleeping till 3am then laying around till 11 the next....I am becoming miserable as the day goes...its baddd....

Tomorrow my sil is going to be coming to do taping for BLoser cause i want to take out the self recording parts...they had a tips thing that the first thing they said was DONT be the one recording yourself. Shes the only one I am comfortable saying my feelings infront of directly cause she understands and doesnt judge...they arent doing casting calls till the beg of Feb. So I have time to get it sent in...which means im sending it thursday so my husband can copy it for me....

ok washer is done gotta go switch it over, sort the new dirty laundry, clean the couch out....you wouldnt believe what that couch eats it would eat my had if it could....sweep, finish cleaning up the kitchen, make it look half decent in here, then I need to find my hanging racks for the kids rooms so they can hang their towel and pjs cause I am tired of having 5 towels and 5 pjs every stinking night...at the end of the week that is 35 towels and 35 pjs NOT including what my husband and I use or the rest of everyones clothes, my husband wears uniforms to work then changes in to comfy stuff then if he goes some where regular clothes...me I take a shower and where those same clothes till I shower the next day (unless i need to change to go out).except undies cant do same pair all day...nasty..sorrry if thats tmi....LOL

Ok IM SHUTTING UP NOW...lol

have a good day ladies!
Old 01-13-2010, 02:34 AM   #54  

so my house looks nice (downstairs atleast) Just got finished only left is some loads of laundry and clean up the stack of papers and books on the desk..my kitchen is BEAUTIFUL...I decluttered and scrubbed it all.... I love love love the look of a clean house...and have a half hour to spare before my 3am bedtime...LOL

Catch you all tomorrow!!
Old 01-13-2010, 12:27 PM   #55  

Mom - This cleaning at night is really working pretty well for me. Thank you for the suggestion. I still have a long way to go, but I am making some headway. I have thrown a lot away in the last few days.

I have amped my workouts up to twice a day now and I have not missed a day yet. I just got done with my first for the day. I got on wii fit this morning to do some yoga and I have not been on for 6 days (I got the treadmill in the middle and have been doing the wii active for my other workout) but with the active you are supposed to take a rest day every 2 days, so I do something else on those days. Anyway, to end the rambling and to say what I came to say, it told me that I had lost 6 pounds. I can not believe that and it is not what my other scale says, so I don't know what to think about either one and which is more accurate. I will take the one that says that I have lost more, but I don't want to cheat, just would be nice.

Anyway I will stop rambling, I need to get ready to pick my dd up from preschool and to go and visit my mom. Hope you all have a great day.

Trish
Old 01-13-2010, 06:04 PM   #56  
Biker Chick!

Trish big congrats on being down 6!! I would pay attention to the scale that said that and ignore the other one but obviously your workouts are working

momof4, I can relate to what you said, when you said that if you're by yourself, the depression swamps you but if there is someone there, you're all chipper? I think that's also because we tend to do what is expected of us, instead of really speaking and saying to the other person "I am feeling lonely and awful today and I'm just pretending to have fun". But we are also told to 'fake it til we make it', that even going though the motions of being happy is better than being by ourselves and having that drowning feeling. I don't know if I'm making sense but I totally symphathize, you just have so much to do in daily life.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:45 PM   #57  

Vermont-I agree with you and the fake it till we make it. Unfortunately we have had to learn how to do this. I think that if I told people what I truly felt, they would really think something is wrong with me. I know that if I am upset wit someone and for a good reason, half the time they just chalk it up to my depression. (just a small pet peeve).

Mom- I alot of times will not change my clothes all day if I don't have to go anywhere. I have a very good friend that if she catches me still in my pjs at 7:00 she will say oh look at your cute pajamas I bet you are comfortable. She has taught me that I need to try and look at the other side of things instead of feeling bad for feeling bad. I don't know if that makes any sense, but there you have it.

Well I will talk to you all later.

Trish
Old 01-14-2010, 03:37 AM   #58  

Trish-your welcome for the suggestion..i know i struggled with finding my groove to keep up with the house and that just seems to work with being a night person and no kids interupting me...yes that does make sense i had to think bout it for a minute or two...lol...i mean it is 3:30am so my brain is a little slow esp since I went to bed last night at 6 am because of a major headache!! Rock on with your bad self in those workouts...LOL Def. take the loss of 6 lbs and then just go by what it tells you!!

vermont-thanks....I am one of those people that kinda fake it till i make it....Im not fake but I hate to be a down person...may not seem like it on here but i think this forum is for that...but in life I was always taught to be positive and not negative. I have had a few people that are close to me make comments about I will be strong like always...or your always stong you never struggle....but they dont realize I do struggle I just do my best to get thru it. If your always negative whos gonna want to be around you??? So I get what your saying...Just wish it was easier when I was home by myself...wish I could snap outta it!!

My foster daughter sent me a letter today she was having a hard time and pulled out all my letters from her last group home and realized that i was there for her. She didnt understand how I loved her when she treated me like crap (her words). I had to explain to her thats something God gives most mother...the abilty to love thru the worst not just when they are doing good but to love them when they are unloveable. She realized she was angry with me because i was doing what she wanted her real mother to do...now she has been able to let that go and not be angry with me anymore. It was nice compared to the first letter I ever got from her 3 years ago was one that said Thanks for everything...with blood smeared on it..she was trying to date two guys at once and she got a quick lesson in morals...Now she gets soooo discusted and angry with girls that are dating and then just flirting with other guys..I didnt need her acceptance but to know she finally GOT IT...makes me feel satisfied!!

Well we pretty much got our youth building right down from the junior high and high school....the lady was asking 350,000 (only like 2 years old her husband died and she couldnt keep doing his buisness too much for her) She has been picky bout who she wants to sell it to and for what. Well she called and dropped it 50,000...the board talked and decided what we could do was 250,000...that was with donations...well she said she had more in it that 250,000...that was 2 or 3 months ago...so we backed off..she met with our pastor last week and dropped it to the 250,000 (100,000 LESS that what she asked for it!) I guess God can do what he wants when He wants!! So cant wait for that there are so many hurting, abused, addicted, starving, neglected...youth in this city....Greater things are yet to come!!

ok gotta get up in a few hours have a good night all!!!
Old 01-14-2010, 06:41 PM   #59  
Biker Chick!

good evening chicks

well today I went through the motions of what I'm supposed to do, worked out, ate pretty sensibly, did all the laundry and put it away, did some other cleaning, made a good supper, but I am feeling the 'what's the use of it all' negative feelings. I guess it's just the wintertime blahs. But at least it was nice outside today, about 31 degrees, and no wind and no snow coming down.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:23 PM   #60  
NeverTooLate

S/C/G: 305/275/175

Height: 5'9"

Default Hi Leenie

It's been years but I'm back. Just jumping in to say hi. Can't wait to catch up with some of my "old" friends and make some new ones. Saw that cathyxxx is still walking and you're still providing awesome support on this thread. Went through some rough stuff and changed meds a few times, but I'm on Celexa now and feeling better than I have in years. Gained all the weight I had lost plus another 60 but I'm ready to start over. As the name says, I have to believe it's NeverTooLate.
Closed Thread