Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 07:14 PM   #16  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Oooh - Hope - good goals!! Especially the hair. I hear ya on that one. Good one, really 1800 calories is smart. When I started, I think I started on something like 2500 for the first week - lord knows how much I was eating before!!

Add one to mine - MORE SLEEP! The more tired I am, the more crap I want to eat. And I had forgotten how much MORE FOOD I can actually eat when I eat well - crap is such empty, unfulfilling calories... how did I forget? It's like stopping exercising - SO easy to stop, then when I get back to it, I feel so good, I wonder how I ever stopped! Funny head games!

Day four - so far, so good!

Last edited by HeatherAngel; 01-04-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:54 PM   #17  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Day 1, not so good calorie wise. Not good food choices, but that's what I get for not planning any food options. I think that I'm around 2100 calories and they all came from pure crap, and as Heather said, I could eat more b/c they aren't filling. I guess it could be worse but I'm not going to dwell on it, just learn from it. I got some oatmeal for breakfast tomorrow so I can start out on the right foot. Now, before I change my mind I'm going to go get on the ellipticle (after I take all the clothes off of it).

SunshineBaybee, glad you joined us.

Heather and Trish for staying on track.

Leenie, how was the new boss so far?

Last edited by hope4me; 01-04-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:37 PM   #18  
Heather 2.0

oooh - Hope - you shame me! I'm off to the treadmill then... and I just wanted to laze around in my pj's!! Except, no, really, I did. :-/
Old 01-05-2010, 06:09 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

ewww started a post and lost it.... tired of kids crying and fighting....my 4 yr old foster boy is driving me to pull my hair out...he dont listen for anything...its ridculous. I think my meds make me snappy and in a foul mood cause I didnt take them the last two days and I havent been as snappy and aggitated....I will take them again and see how it goes...

Ok well I cant think over the music 5 yr old is playing, book 7 yr old is sitting here reading, 2 & 3 yr old girls fighting and crying and 4 year old being loud playing.......AHHHHHHH help me please...take me away to the secret place take me away...lol
Old 01-05-2010, 10:22 PM   #20  
Starting Again

Momof4, I do not envy you at all... Are you surviving?

I kept within my calories today. My food choices were fair at best and I did not work out. I plan to work out tomorrow since I'm off. I did successfully avoid the chocolate malt I wanted so so so badly. A victory. I had planned to drink it during The Biggest Loser. Good plan huh?

Ok the rest of you, where are you?
Old 01-05-2010, 11:11 PM   #21  
Heather 2.0

Bleh - ate pretty poorly today, and was tired. A coinkydink? Not! Boo. Try again tomorrow.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:23 PM   #22  

yeah my eating has been bad guess havent really cared because i know it sounds stupid but i have sooo many other things i got going on. When I do something I have to be focused and committed...Like laundry the only way i get it done is doing it at night when everyone is in bed and and i can be focused...i try it during the day heck no i end up rewashing a load because i forget about it...ughh

heather-i hear ya...ive been eating choc. cake...lol
Old 01-06-2010, 11:05 AM   #23  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

sorry I'm late in checking in, momof4 I really, truly sympathize...I am glad we have our 2 sons but I am soooo glad they are old now!!! I might be an awful person but I do not miss the times when they were so young and unmanageble.

Yay to those who are keeping in their calorie limits!! I have been doing WORSE now that I am actually trying, how screwed up is that! I still work out every day but i am an idiot for not eating well. And its cold and snowy and January and February are terrible for me depression wise. And my husband was a butt last night to me, I am being a whiner but sometimes you have to whine for yourself.

At least I have today off and I do get satisfaction in completing a few tasks. hugs to everyone
Old 01-06-2010, 03:26 PM   #24  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

I am feeling much better than when I was whining at you all this morning, I tackled a few trouble areas in the house and FOUR GARBAGE BAGS LATER it looks alot better. Plus I vacuumed thoroughly. And I worked out for an hour. I think I am recovered plus I am going ahead with the thought that my husband is stuck with me, as with the reverse
Old 01-06-2010, 05:32 PM   #25  

Height: 5'6"

Just popping in to say Hi.
Not much to report from this end. Its been cold (-25C (13F)in the mornings) so I've been really sluggish. Its suppose to warm up tomorrow, so looking forward to that.

Hope good for you for avoiding the chocolate malt and getting your exercise in!! Super job.

Heather how are you doing today?

And Mom how are you doing? I know what you mean about not having the energy to eat properly and to exercise with little kidlets around. It takes everything to just get through the day. Hang in there.

Vermont I should take a lesson from you and just get up and actually do something, if nothing else I could get the laundry folded.

Trish how about you? Hows baby doing?

Welcome sunshine!! Looking forward to knowing you better, this is a great place with lots of support.

And a big Hi to everyone else.

I really should get something constructive done, I do have to drive my youngest to her job in a couple of hours after she gets home from school. The bottom element in my oven died last night, so I really should go and get that out so I can take it with me and pick up a new one and I can do that while I wait for my daughter.

Well take care everyone,
K
Old 01-06-2010, 07:23 PM   #26  
Starting Again

Well Buddly, thanks but... the chocolate malt got me, along with the help of a cheeseburger and fries. Yipes. Needless to say, I went way over my calories today. On a better note, I did do a cardio/strength training workout today. I'm just going to focus on that. It's better than pigging out and sitting on the couch.

Vermont, this is a great place to whine! I do it all the time. Wow, 4 bags of trash. You really worked hard today.

Heather, how did it go today? Any better?

Momof4, any choc cake left? You probably shouldn't tell me if there is, I may show up on your doorstep.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:55 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 232/tick/150

Hello all. I hope everyone had a great holiday season. The hubby and I both gained 15lbs in 3 weeks. Eeeek! SO I def have some work to do before my ticker is accurate again. OOooof!

Hope, I like your goals They seems very attainable and I think you'll do great!

VT mom - I'm glad you feel better.

Heather welcome back!!!!!

So my life has turne dupside down... well my diet life. I'm on a new "time map" since I quit my job at the bank adn started student teaching. Everything occurs 2.5 hours earlier in my day, so my eating habits are askew. I do not have a microwave at school, nor can I sit at my desk adn leisurly eat breakfast. This messes up my food schedule. On top of that, we only have one source of income now fo I need to watch money too. Sheesh! Lots of changes! Slowly I'm putting the pieces where they need to go, and I hope to kick some major A*s! 2010 brings me lots of change, and I'm making changes to myself. Bye bye 200+ lbs! Hello 150!
Old 01-06-2010, 10:25 PM   #28  
Heather 2.0

Thanks guys - Nah, today wasn't good. But I'm going to bed RIGHT NOW and start fresh tomorrow. The chinese food jumped in my mouth... who ordered it? Who picked it up? Oh dear, no - that was me.

Here's to just getting on with it another day!
Old 01-07-2010, 02:09 AM   #29  

WOW lots of chats today...But really I needed a smile and all of your threads made me smile!! I needed a smile today!

Vermont-I was just picturing a house after 4 bags of clutter and good vacuming and then I look around and come back to earth...LOL I love it when I go an declutter its crazy how stuff piles up. Yeah I asked my husband today why I was married to him...LOL...Its crazy how at times they annoy the crap outta us but in the end we still keep them...lol oh and whin away i dont mind!!

hope-cake is gone sorry...LOL

bud-yeah the cold weather makes me want to curl up under blankets and watch movies..its been like a light mist snow on and off alll day!! and FREEEZING!!

So its been an exhausting emotional day...my husband bout made me cry earlier...Then I got in a fight with my dad at church. First you guys need to know what my dad is like...he was the woman and children are to be seen and not heard....woman arent to think... "sin before all rebuke before all" spank my butt till I was 17.....always right guy... So I was taught to be respect full and with that drilled into me and how my dad is I tend to not disagree with him if I do i keep my mouth shut. Cause he will get loud and sumwhat mean... Well my husband and I are like the youth pastors/associate pastors and my dad still at church will yell at me and not treat me with respect just because hes my dad he thinks he can. Well I have been frustrated with it and no chance opened up to really say anything. The last time he did it I was like um you dont have to yell at me and then cause there was people there he was like jokin yeah i do.. Well tonight a youth parent was getting details from me about a trip they are going on and needed totals well my dad interupts (which he taught me it was rude to do) and says I need the keys you need to get your seats switched back (I was using his van while mine was in the shop) The guy i was talking to was like I was talking to her (kidding like) so i turned and got a youth girl to go switch the seats with him standing right there and then went back to talking to that parent. Well hes like lets go I need the seats out. I was like Im trying to talk to him bout totals sarah is doing the seats...well thinking back no I probably didnt use a good tone (said stuff kinda kidding) but it did probably come off disrespectful but he acts like he is the only person. Well thought nothing of it went to my van he was getting in and just shut the door so I went to thank him for the van and opened the door said I wanted to talk to you and chuckled and he was like IM NOT LAUGHING I dont need your **** blah blah blah...I for once in my life stood up and said what I thought instead of just im sorry and didnt speak my mind. I told him he didnt even say excuse me and he was standing there when i told the girl to get the seats hes like well im not a mind reader... but he was like screaming at me in the church parking lot i held my ground till most of the time. Hes like you still dont think you did anything wrong. he said that the respect needed to go his way....but up till this time I havent been disrespectful...I said Im sorry for giving you attitude...he didnt say anything and i was like dad i said im sorry he was like i know im just trying to calm down...by that point my emotions were a wreck and i lost it cause i never stand up to him. he apologized and said he will start being respectful to me i am 30 and he shouldnt do that. he sent me a text later he was sorry for hurting me guess he was grumpy and over reacted. I was still upset when i got home even though things were ok he was fine and i said what i needed....i wanted to like puke and cry...I took a bath and it calmed me down. My friends from church one of the counsel members calle dmy husband later (who knew nothing bout it later)and was angry with my dad and was he shouldnt talk to her like that. So of course my husband is like so i missed it what happen. Cause he is always telling me to stand up for my self with my dad. I usually make him deal with my dad because my dad doesnt treat him disrespectfully. I understand I am his daughter but there comes a point when he cant keep treating me like I am a teenager....dont get me wrong my dad has good qualities like he is one of the most giving people i know....hes given away cars, money, food....whatever he can do to help but sometimes his bad qualities show thru.
Soooo very sorry its so long but i cant really call anyone to talk about it because I am way too emotional right now and will still probably cry talking about it...so this is my venting....

Ok well I feel a little better still want to cry but hopefully it will be better tomorrow!!
Old 01-07-2010, 07:46 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 162/155/115

Morning Ladies....

Happy New Years to all even though it is a few days late. No time to really post this morning. I just wanted to jump in this morning.... Have to leave for class in 20 minutes and I'm still not ready:P

Have a good day all.
Closed Thread