3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   December Chat..(Last monthly chat of the year) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/187335-december-chat-last-monthly-chat-year.html)

VermontMom 12-13-2009 08:40 AM

good morning :) cold but sunny here, and it was sunny for most of yesterday which is great. At my work there is a window that lets in the sun and it just feels wonderful.

hope4me, I hope your house looks like this ---> :ginger: :)

hello to everyone :hug: I have to work out and get ready for work. Hope everyone has a great day.

hope4me 12-13-2009 10:52 PM

It poured rain here today. :rain: If it had only been colder we would have had a beautiful snow. :coolsnow: It was fairly cold here today, just not enough. We were fairly slow at work b/c of the heavy rain. After work I bought some more xmas decorations (like I don't have enough). I've decided to do another 4 ft tree in the living room. I found these glittery feathery birds to cover it in. They are really cool and different. I had to get them. I love really doing the house up in every room but the depression monster usually dictates what I have the energy to do.

Vermontmom, :lol: I wish the house was that sparkly! I do a lot more on the inside than out. Sounds like you had better weather than we did here in VA. Good for you on the workout. :bravo:

Leenie, sounds like a busy but fun day. What are you going to do with yourself this week? :hat:

momof4under5 12-14-2009 01:42 AM

hope-its nice to know that the depression monster afects other people like that....i usually think I am just lazy cause I do all this stuff then there are times i cant do anything...i hate it!

it rained here and church was cancelled it was really nice to have a day to just relax no cleaning just relax and do nothing!!

worried bout my sis in law/best friend....she text me today and here I found out she took a whole bunch of pills last night she cant remember what they were...or she wouldnt tell me...but 11 or 12 of 400mg and then 3-4 5 mg...she said it was all that was left in the bottle. she wont go get help and the psych dr couldnt get her in till feb. She had wrote a note to her baby and for her dad to have the baby. I dont know (other than pray) what to do for her. I want her to understand if she gets help it will get better....but she wont cause shes stubborn and says everyone will just talk crap about her her and dont know who will take care of her boy or fiance if she went in the hopsital so shed just rather not wake up and let them figure it out...This is one of the worst feelings ever is to know shes in a really bad state of mind and cant do anything....

right now I am in a break from rearranging my downstairs...trying to organize some of the kids stuff and working on laundry...probably going to clean it up as best as I can and call it quits for the night its almost 2am and i am done working on that my energy left me!

thats all for now

hope4me 12-14-2009 11:04 PM

I slept in till 11am today and I've been yawning ever since. Good night.

Purefire 12-15-2009 06:21 AM

Morning Ladies... :wave:

popping in to say hey... things are a little hectic with school and everything else. One more week of classes with finals at the end... and then it is vacation til the 4th. I can't believe Christmas is only 10 days away... how is everyone doing with their Christmas shopping?

I am finally getting over being sick... so the energy is starting to come back. The last 2 weeks I have been sleeping alot more than normal

Will post more later... I have to jump on the eliptical and do some quick cleaning before I get ready for class this morning.

Have a wonderful day :) :hug::hug:

VermontMom 12-15-2009 08:32 AM

good morning ladies :)

momof4, really sorry to hear of your SIL's friend, don't know what else to say to her except please talk to someone and don't do anything drastic.

purefire, glad you're getting over being sick! I think I'm pretty good with shopping, just need to wrap. I don't mind wrapping, actually enjoy it but when I spread things out on the living room floor, the dog usually just strolls right over everything :rofl:

I know I have gained a couple pounds already, but I am going to try very hard not to do the 'oh what's the use' down spiral. I know the treats are inevitable this time of year. I have been keeping up with working out, in fact I did miss a day yesterday but that was the first day in 17 days that I didn't work out with a set routine (I don't count snow shoveling, lol)

I just get very very self-conscious around my employers (husband and wife) they make comments about other people being fat (the wife is very lean, but used to be a chubby kid, so I don't understand her meanness) and the husband has a pot belly himself, so he's not in any position to make comments about people's weight! I just know that between themselves they comment about the times I've been bigger or smaller. I hate it!

okay, <rant over> :) Hope everyone has a great day :hug:

hope4me 12-15-2009 05:54 PM

I have been binging and grazing almost nonstop since friday night. We had a girls night which was so fun but we had tons of food. It was like something was triggered. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't eating well at all before that but for some reason afterwords I've been eating to the point where I thought I might make myself sick. I need to eat cleanly for a day just to feel better. My back is even hurting and my body is aching from all the crap. Ever had that happen to you? :(

I need to go and study for my exam saturday. I've been procrastinating all day.

How is everybody else?

hope4me 12-16-2009 09:51 PM

Hey guys, I popped in to take a quick break from studying :book2: but nobody has been here. :( I'm so disappointed. Oh well, back to it I guess.

Purefire 12-17-2009 07:43 AM

Morning Ladies

Getting ready for class which I just don't want to go to today.. I have a test this morning which I didn't study for. My mood was really down last night that I laid down at 7pm and woke up at 6am this morning. Now I am upset with myself that I didn't get through the mood last night and actually study... Then I have to do my presentation today and I am stressing about that. I hate talking infront of the class. I get so nervous.

So today is not starting out to good. Hopefully the day gets better...

VermontMom 12-17-2009 09:29 PM

good evening ladies, Purefire, how did your presentation go? and hope4me, yes I have been there, why is it the more we have the more we want? well I guess we are feeding our cravings and they get stronger. It is a hard cycle to break!

:wave: to everyone else :)

I have been having good days, I am very grateful for that. I haven't slipped into my usual 'hating Christmas' mood, it would be so great if that doesnt happen this year for once.

Today I checked to see if I could get the generic of Wellbutrin XL because I don't have insurance anymore....the pharmacist checked, and he said I AM receiving the generic. I said, 'you mean the generic costs like $124 for a month?' and he checked...and said 'actually you paid $136 last month' :rolleyes: Well I guess it is worth it. Yes, it is worth it to me, and probably my DH would agree :D

Today was a Cookie Delivery day, I gathered and bagged and ribboned many bags of my homemade cookies and dolled myself up, and delivered to my hairstylist (who also had a little gift for me!!! how unexpected and nice!!) my summer job boss, the two bank branches we use, and some others. I still have more on my list but maybe on my way to work tomorrow.

I think I'm feeling really grateful and thankful for what I have; my sister checked herself into the psych unit of local hospital on Sunday because she was suicidal. Not the first time..and she has been in and out of 2 major rehab facilities here 4 times. So terrible alcoholism and mental illness. She has driven her fiance away for good (threatened to kill him one too many times) and yesterday she did a tirade on my poor mother, blaming all her problems on our mom and making personal attacks on her. And today she was released :?:

I dont' know if I've told it here but the alcoholism in my family hit my maternal grandfather; my mother; her brother; my sister; and my half-brother. How lucky was I to dodge that horrible bullet!!! My uncle pulled himself out of it many years ago; my mom on her own 1 1/2 years ago ( I am sooo proud of her!!) My sister comes home from AA meetings with a bottle of wine. Yes.

So I think I am feeling pretty grateful for simple things :)

momof4under5 12-18-2009 01:01 AM

I have been here but not many people posting so i figured no point in posting to myself..guess i should have anyways...Ok so my wellbutrin was filled 11/4/09 it is now 12/18/09 and I have over 2 weeks of meds left from that bottle...I have done such a crappy job of taking it and its like once i miss its all down hill from there...i havent been very aggitated so im wondering if it was the meds making me snappy/aggitated? But all i want to do is sleep i went to bed at 11:30 ( any of you that no me I am up atleast till 1:30/2 mostly 3am if not 4 or 5 cleaning...) Then I got the 4 yr old foster boy up at 7 and off to headstart then went back to bed and didnt get up till like almost 10 since dh was off work..came downstairs and just laid on the couch dozing in and out didnt really care if I ate or anyone ate for that matter..the dh decided to use a gift card for a resturant we had...since no one ate breakfast we all got ready and went for like a brunch... Its really bad...blahh and I have a list a mile line with some deadlines already past that I havent done and have no energy to do....i hate this I really really do

trying to finish christmas shopping but for the first year I have the I dont care kids have some stuff and past that I dont care...must be the meds cause I am usually a perfectionist when its comes to this stuff have to have everything blah blah blah

ok well I am going to take my blah self and eat some cookies...cause I soo flippin need them...and then who knows what... hopefully tomorrow is better...took meds this morning and ill take tonight..be nice to get back on track!

momof4under5 12-18-2009 12:03 PM

so yeah i went to bed last night a lil after 1am and i have laid on the couch and dozed in and out...this is what I did back in '08...I hate it cause when I do get up and moving its nap time and i want to go lay down then i get NOTHING done and feel soo awful...but I cant get outta this...I forgot my meds last night but i took them this morning...ive gotta get them in me...

ok i feel soo helpless

hope4me 12-18-2009 10:14 PM

:shocksn::shocksn: It's finally snowing here!!!! :coolsnow::coolsnow:

( a lot !! :D )

medinazarley 12-19-2009 12:01 AM

hey, so I dont usually post here, but I wanted to pop in and say Hi.

momof4, maybe it would help you take your meds if you take them with your vitamins when you brush the kids teeth & give them their vitamins?

i am horrible about taking meds, which is why i elected to go off the pill, I hated getting a period every time i missed a pill. BUT now that I am on real meds (zoloft & amiltriptaline) I need to take my meds every day, so I set up a ritual here at my house to make sure every one takes their vitamins 7 brushes their teeth.

At 8:30 when my son has to get ready for bed my, ds & dh all march into the bathroom and take our vitamins & I take my meds. Then I brush my ds's teeth and we all kiss and put him to bed. So far so good!!

hope4me 12-19-2009 12:44 AM

Mom: GO TAKE YOUR MEDS!! RIGHT NOW, JUST GO!!

Vermont, how cool of you to deliver cookies, very thoughtful. How is your sister? Sorry to hear that your family struggles with alcoholism, it can really tear a family apart. My mom's dad was an alcoholic and b/c of that I never knew him. She wouldn't speak to him.

night, night