December Chat..(Last monthly chat of the year)

You're on Page 2 of 7
Go to
  • Hi everyone

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend. Its a beautiful, sunny, crisp day here. Its -20*C (-4F) with a -25C (-13F) windchill, so I think I will continue to enjoy it from the inside. Not to much happening. I don't have to go back to work until Wednesday so hopefully I can get some stuff accomplished.

Holly I hear you on the clutter. A friend of my one daughter's needed a place to live a few years ago and we did some shuffling to get her a room. After 6 months and the end of the school year, she moved to her dad's for a year and then out on her own for a year and then asked if she could move back here so she could go back to university. I had turned her room into the exercise/storage room so we are dealing with that plus there is all the "junk" that has accumulated while I've been dealing with the depression. Its just on going.

The other night Hubby and I were picking up some kerosene for the heater and started talking to someone at the store and he told us about his elderly neighbour whose gas furnace was doing something similar to ours. She had hers replaced and it still didn't work. It turns out her flue and pipes were slightly perferated. So he gave us the name of the heating company that helped her and knows what to look for, so maybe we can finally get our furnace working without replacing the whole thing. It would be nice as we've put in almost the cost of a new furnace already. (we've done about $800 in repairs and I think we could have gotten a new furnace for about $1500)

I really should get going and get something done. This has taken forever as hubby just picked DdC up from a sleep over at her friends place and she was showing me the videos they did as they were tromping around her friends treed backyard doing a "Blair Witch" type video. It sure sounds cold, but they had a lot of fun.

Take care everyone,
    K
  • Hi girls,

I'm a little down tonight, no good reason... what's new right? I felt fine most of the day. It just hit about 10pm. There just seems to be this black hole that can't be filled and always threatens to swallow me up. That probably makes no sense.

Leenie, whatever it is I'm glad you get a little time off.

Vermont and Buddly, life is a constant battle with clutter isn't it? I admit it's probably easier for me with no kids but I know what you mean. I just my workout room cleaned out after 2 years of big time clutter. I'm in constant fear that it will reappear.
  • It was nice to see leenie atleast stop by the door instead of running by waving!!

So My dh started puking sat monring at 3 am he was to go back to work on sat since he was sick thur and friday but that didnt happen. He actually got outta bed and was ok today until he ate food.

So I had a drama the teens were doing for church today. Then my dad who is the worship leader calls cause he now has the flu and asks if my husband (who has the flu) can do some video songs for praise and worship. I was like um yeah hes not going either so i guess i will can do it.. So it was a very hectic morning...It went well me and the other two girls there sang a few songs after the drama...OH YEAH my dh was to be God in the drama well i had called me dad the night before to be God since my dh was sick..yeah so God was sick this morning...LOL I had just decided I was going to have to be God and that was all there was..well one of my other youth members said he could stand in and do it so i printed him out the words and he did good...They all did good.

I won a printer at a party for foster parenting last night!!! YAA... but anyways just took a bunch of vit c because my throat is that dry wont get wet right before you get sick feeling...usually if i fill myself with vit c when its in that stage I dont get sick!!!

ill doo personals later just not into typing much more tonight!!I gotta work on drama songs for Christmas! And some youth stuff!
    lata
  • so yeah a pretty crappy start to the week...didnt do my cleaning last night. I have taken maybe 3 of my pills in the last week instead of 2 a night...I am trying to fight off this head cold. dh are arguing which we hardly ever do..he was to go to bed kinda early last night well he decided to sit on the couch and play a game of checkers with me (he asked me) i didnt go to bed till a lil after two. i went up to bed and Kira my 3 year old didnt want me near her and kept whinning then I was fighting with the covers with dh. So finally i got up to get my own blanks cause i was exhausted and just wanted to sleep. He has like guess I dont get any sleep again. I was like whatever Ill just sleep on the couch i dont need my bed (in an angry tired tone) Little later he came down and i remember him waking me but dont even remember what he said then he comes back down and was like WHAT YOU CANT GET UP...I told you sis threw up you could get up and help. Here my 3 year old threw up...well he was up cleaning it up and then she had to go to the bathroom so I took her and she had the runs.. then he went up the steps and was like looks like we are back to nobody caring if i get sleep or not..then he stayed up and did laundry and did dishes....I was so tired because obviously I was exhausted....like he didnt even say bye (that I remember) when he left. Like the sleep thing doesnt happen all the time he was in bed ALL day sat. and sunday...so i dont want to hear the sleep thing. Like I really dont even want to deal with him cause his behavior this morning was uncalled for he didnt have to be sooo rude he could have woke me up again nicely instead of being a butt about it. eww....sorry needed to vent cause havent really talked to anyone.

Right now trying to work on laundry...trimmed the boys hair...need to work on the boys school...i am going to try to have the kids down for a late nap so he can nap a lil when he gets home or NO nap so everyone will go to bed early!

well thats it...lata
  • Buddly and hope4me, thank you for your comments and commiserating. And hope4me, isn't it strange how a down time can just come out of nowhere...but that doesn't lessen it. I hope you came out of it okay did you?
  • I wrote up this nice long post, and lost it. It had personals and all... I honestly don't have the heart to re-write it, so I'll leave you all with a and be back tomorrow...

[I've been mia because I've been doing way too much homework - end of the semester crunch! Eeek!]
  • Marbear, I HATE that, losing a post. I've been way busy trying to get school work done too. I finished my paper and have almost all of my homework done that I need to turn in saturday. Next saturday is my final and I'm done. I'm sure you have much more than I do with my one class. That and a full time job has kept me busy though.

Vermontmom, thanks. I did come out of it I guess, or I've just been too busy to think about it. That does help me sometimes, getting so busy that I have to live in the moment instead of having any time for my thoughts to stray where they shouldn't.

I was off yesterday. I worked on homework all day, even while I watched The Biggest Loser. Wow those people lost a lot of weight! It was inspiring and I thought about it while I ate a cherry danish for breakfast. Just shoot me please!

night night
  • I was sooo glad danny won BL he is such a good guy!!! I have all my stuff in the mailing envelope to mail to the BL just have to get the photo they ask for all i have is family pics cause I hate pics of myself...lol

I got the flu yesterday that all my kids had last week...wiped me out but its gone now thank the LORD!!

So we got a 4 year old foster boy at 6:30 his gram was taken to jail and they had to get the police to go to the house to get the boy cause the people wouldnt open up...he was extremely hyper but listened when jeff talked..LOL.. he listened you just had to get him to focus cause there was sooo much for him with the boys and all the toys...When I tucked him into bed and gave him a hug he said are you going to be my mom....i didnt know what to say he caught me off gaurd...I think he will do ok esp. with the other kids...hes a very happy kid and they have him as adhd...but I think most of it is there was a lack of discipline. It kills me when some people try to just drug them so they dont have to deal with him. My oldest is adhd and he drives me crazy at times but you have to learn how to help them and give them time to get their energy out (please dont get me wrong i am not saying no kids should have meds.) but years before meds came out parents raise their kids that people now days would call adhd and they turned out ok...me being one of them i was adhd but my parents never took me to the dr i later found out i had almost every sign there was...lol...anyways we will see what tomorrow brings!!!

hope you ladies are doing ok...sounds like everyone is hitting the books hard... dont envy you at all...vermont hang in there

talk to everyone tomorrow!!
  • good morning ladies,

momof4, congratulations on the new addition to the family Do you ever know how long you'll have a child with you? That was sweet when he asked if you were going to be his mom...sad and sweet. Oh and congrats on winning the printer

hi marbear, it is sooo frustrating to lose a long post. My dh always says, 'that wont' happen if you save it as you go along' or something unsympathetic like that and thanks for the group

hope4me, we won't shoot you for having a cherry danish, just share

Hi Leenie, buddly We haven't heard from Havisham in a while, have we?

I had a fantastic day yesterday. I cleaned, I worked out, I shoveled the whole darn driveway, I made Christmas cookies...very productive. Maybe makes up for all the inactive days off I have , lol.
  • Haha - VT - yes, usually I type things in word so I don't loose them. I figured "oh what are the chances" yesterday... what were the chances indeed. It sounds like you had a great day yesterday - I always love the feeling I get after being really productive.

Mom - Yup. I too have every single symtpon of ADD. Haha, especially the odd ones - like coffee calming me down. I was always just considered a "daydreamer", and I still think that's what I really am. A lot of my artistic inspiration comes from what a spaz I am - it's sad to think that I wouldn't have had that had they "seen the signs" and put me on medication. [I still refuse to have anyone diagnos it...] It's funny though - my lack of focus as a child seems to have developed into me hyperfocusing on things and ignoring the rest of the world while I do it [whatever the task is].

Hope - Nope. I only have one class. But the prof likes busy work, so we have a lot of time consuming unchallenging stuff. I think thats the worst! Plus I take on too many personal projects. I'm crocheting an afghan for my gramma, proofreading and re-writing a story I already wrote, writing a new one [myster this time, whee!], knitting a bunch of scarves, and I've started working on a series of soft scuptures. Oh, and I have an art blog now! http://loudhamburger.wordpress.com
    That and I work full time.

Can you tell I REALLY don't like down time? Hahahaha. I really do NOT sit still well. I think that brings us back to my comments to Mom.

Bud, Leenie -

Everyone else - I demand you return at once!
    [Can I even do that?!]
    We miss you! Come back, please!
    [There, that was a bit less rude.]

Also - I'm really hyper today. Can you tell? Ya. Drinking coffee now to bring me down. Holiday potluck is today. I dressed like an elf (green fleese, red turtleneck, and red shoes.) I wish I had a hat or pointy ears to go with it...

Ok, I think I've rambled on for long enough. Enjoy your day ladies! s to all!
  • mar-all I can say is WOW....lol i think u are the adHyperd...lolll...its good to have posts like that though...sometimes as a depression board its very low key (which is okay cause thats why we are all here!!) so having a hyper crazy post is refreshing!!

enjoying the peace and quiet....bout all i can say!!! lol

• Vacation starts in 90 minutes... my brain is fried LOL

See you all tomorrow

• good morning all Sorry I wasn't here yesterday...I tried! Apparently someone tried to access my account more than 5 times with wrong password and it was locked out. ??

so anyway, hello to all, hope the stupid depression monster is not grabbing any of us currently
  • I'm in the process of decorating the house for Xmas and thought I'd pop in for a break. I had class this morning and turned in my paper and all the homework I had to do. All that's left is the final next saturday. Yay. Ok, back to it before I decide that a nap sounds better than cleaning and manual labor!

Leenie, I bet you are so excited!
  • Good Morning,

Happy Sunday. Busy day, church, movies, celebrating Hanukkah with a friend... whooot !

Enjoy your day everyone and a big to each of you.