3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   Thursday, August 1st (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/18704-thursday-august-1st.html)

Leenie 08-01-2002 08:09 AM

Thursday, August 1st

Good Morning :)

I had a big post and clicked on the wrong button and whooosh...its a gonner.

Anyway, things are going okay. Work has been really stressful lately, hope it doesn't last cause I feel like I'm going to crack :stress:

How's everyone?

Leg, Meg glad to hear the dress situation is underway. What color did you get ?

Lippy, Tippy, whats in the crock pot today ? hey, when is your kitchen renovations starting ?

Lystery, Mystery, EXCELLENT !!!!! weight loss HORRAY !!! :cp: you deserve a big hand, congratulations.

Lizzy Lizzy bo bizzy fee fi fo mizzy Lizzy - how's it going, whatcha been up to lately ?? How's your back been lately ?

Linny, man oh man you cook the most amazing things. Send some samples my way will yah. I love to try new foods as long as nothing to funky is in em.

Hillary where have you been ????

Lurkers, hope your having a great day, and hope to meet you soon.

Have a really great day everyone,

Love, Leens :dance: <--- where did they find my picture ?

Grace ----> :bb: haaaaaaaaa

Tippy 08-01-2002 10:08 AM

The crockpot is in the frig with letover chili! We're having that tonight so that means no cooking for me!:cb:

By the way the emergency that I posted about turned out well. A friend was thought to have a brain tumor, but it turned out that he had a stroke. He will be home by the weekend.

The kitchen renovation starts on August 11. I have mixed emotions about it. I want it done but the very thought of the mess overwhelms me.:?:

Has anyone else seen the movie "The Green Mile" with Tom Hanks? It's a very emotionally draining movie, but I'll be watching it again. Tom Hanks was excellent in it, but then, he always seems to be. It isn't for children.

Am going to get off my duff now and get some stuff done.:lol:

JudoMom 08-01-2002 11:29 AM

Leens, thanks for the congrats *S... I'm sure my family would like to see "less" of me, but I'm really in this alone.

Funny how the weather affects me.. I've known this for a number of years. It's cloudy and the temp dropped, and I turned the page to August. *sigh... I think I'm going to be at this site a lot today.

Off to do things. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

LindaT 08-01-2002 11:41 AM

Mornin'

Well, heck.. I wrote a whole post and it is gone. I have a bad bad network connection here today. I am suppose to be on a DS3, but it is running like 2400 bps.. sigh.

I'll write more when I am sure it isn't going to time out and be eaten.

LindaT 08-01-2002 12:50 PM

Mornin'

Hi everyone,

I have a decent connection now, so I thought I'd try again. Now if I can remember what my first post was about... :idea:

We just hired a new Admin for my department and today she brought in a carmel cinnamon pullapart.. homemade, for heavens sake. :eek: I have been avoiding going by there, but people keep walking by my office with plates piled high with this stuff. One person stopped by to tell me to go get some.. I just said no.. I am sure it is delicious but I can't afford it ( while patting my thighs) She kept saying.. oh go ahead.. you have to try it. I was firm.. kept saying no thanks and left it at that. I don't know why people keep trying to cajole you into eating when you say no? Of course, she is as skinny as a rail and she can eat what she wants without getting fat. Anyway, I stood firm and the cake is still there, but at least what is left is covered with tin foil.

Well, today is Thursday.. one more day of work after today then a glorious weekend. Next week is my last week before my vacation. I will be off work for a week, so that is 9 lovely days for just ME!!! I am going to take naps, exercise, try new recipes, clean, garden, watch old movies and spend sometime with my furry monster... and of course, gab with my girlfriends :D

Commute this morning was horrendous. If I had had anything to nosh on in the car, I would have done it. I wanted to crunch , bite and make lots of noise... all symptoms of agression lol . Traffic makes me crazy.:fr:

Tonight's dinner is leftover chicken honey nut stir fry, which I added scads of fresh broccoli to and veggie couscous. Making myself hungry already thinking about it.

Leens, I am curious. What constitutes a "funky" ingrediant? :lol: I love to try new foods, new things.. it makes dieting easier I tell you. You need to try new things because you never know when you might stumble across something you might like.. be brave and adventurous. Since I made it a focus to try new things, I have found so many new herbs, spices and food combos that I never would have thought of before.

I went to the free stuff page here yesterday and saw that at noon today edt, there were a bunch of product giveaways. I scored a free mascara :gift: :cb:

Hope everyone else checks in. It is a new month and a perfect time to make changes. What things would you like to work on this month?

Leenie 08-01-2002 02:16 PM

Hey Kids,

Tip, I've heard so much about that movie that I can not bear to watch it. I just try to ignore whats going on around me and tune negative, depressing (even if true) things out. I have no control over what happens and listening to stuff and or watching movies like that only saddens me more. What can I say, I'm just one big overweight mush :p

Mystery I'm sure your family loves you just the way you are. I know mine does, they just want me to be healthier. When you said being in this alone, your so right, that phrase hits a nerve with me. We are in it alone but at the same time we aren't - we got eachother :sp: <--- dont know what this is, just thought it was cute ? :lol:

Linny...funky... okay thats stuff like brains, gizzards, livers, grapeleaves, anchovies, brocollirabe (spelling ??? haaa) nasty nasty stuff that is... ummmm ingredience that you would only buy and use once...etc. Non-funky is M&M's w/pnuts, cakes, butter you know good stuff :T

Boy its so nice to be able to post :)

TTYL, Love Leens :dance: