3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   Arggh!! Will it ever end?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/18308-arggh-will-ever-end.html)

hillary29 07-22-2002 02:26 PM

Arggh!! Will it ever end??

Hi everyone,

I am so frustrated, and so I thought I would come here & whine a little. Over a year ago I met a wonderful woman on 3FC, we buddied up, started our own website, and I was doing wonderful! I had a big support system going on, and there was no stopping me, UNTIL September 11th happened, that put me in such a bad state of mind, and I lost all motivation, I was very much affected by what had happened, although I had no friends, or family die.

Right before this happened, I was such a happy person, I was almost down to 200 pounds, and feeling great. Then my eating went out of control, it seemed that I ate EVERYTHING that I could, and a few months later I was up to 239 pounds :cry: I am back into my size 22 jeans, and I hate the way that I look, its my OWN fault for gaining this weight back, its like I have no control over the foods that I love. I want so bad to be healthy, and an overnight fix would be WONDERFUL, but not realistic. I know that it takes time to lose as much weight as I need to lose.

I went shopping with my skinny sister on Saturday, while she was trying on the mini skirts, I took a good long look at the person I have become. I wear baggy clothes to try & cover my body & yet it makes me look bigger :moo: I have a very supportive husband, and he tells me I am beautiful just the way I am, gotta love a man like that :love:

I want so much to get down under 200 pounds, right now that is my biggest goal. Today I weighed in at 232 pounds, I have a long road ahead of me, are any of you feeling what I am feeling too? I think that if we can really support each other, it will help so much! Today I started trying to lose this weight again, I have drank a ton of water, and watched hat I have eaten, and later today I am going on a nice bike ride. Any support I can get would be wonderful, I am so sick & tired of being depressed all the time!

Take Care,

Hillary

LindaT 07-22-2002 02:50 PM

Hello Hillary

I am glad you found theses boards. Yes it is tough to take a look at the long road ahead. I don't do that anymore as for me it is extremely unmotivating and depressing as ****. Take it one meal at a time, one pound at a time. Reward yourself for milstones along the way.. in non food ways.. new hair comb, a pretty lipstick, facial, manicure.. etc.

Some of us on these boards are on medication for our depression and/or in therapy, others are not. This is a very supportive place with a bunch of great ladies. We have a daily thread on these boards.. today's is dated July 22 Moanday or something like that. We start a new thread every day so please come stop by and meet the rest of the ladies.

Today can be the first day of a better life.. only we have the power to choose. Take a look at why you fall off plan.. are you tired, bored, sad happy.. what derails you? When you identify those things, you can make a plan to counteract them.. before they get you. For me, not planning meals was a big problem. I would grab and graze on empty calories. You have to love yourself enough to know that living a longer and healthier life is more important than that pizza, or that candy bar....What is your choice?

cherryarmy 07-22-2002 03:34 PM

Maybe it's support that you need, as Linda said. I was taking Wellbutrin for about 2 weeks, earlier this month and I found it just made me worse. I had bad mood swings, I feel bad for my family and co-workers that put up with it.

Would updating your website again help you? I know with me, my journal is a release and really important to me. I love knowing people read mine and can relate to me.

I'm here for anyone, hoping anyone here could be there for me when I need it :)

hillary29 07-22-2002 10:47 PM

Thanks so much for responding to my post, I really needed this!

Today was a pretty good day, I meant to exersise, but I had to take my son to vacation bible school, and I was to tired to do anything, bad excuse huh? I am going to stick around, and get all the support I can get, I really need it at this point in my life, and I have alot to offer in return :) I am also going to update my journal & try to keep up with it! Thanks again!

Hillary

roundwoman 07-23-2002 12:53 AM

Hi. I weigh a lot more than I am used to. I went up to 220. I've lost a little but got really down today and ate like a you know what. But that's over and done with. I want to get back to the business of having a smaller behind again! I'm new here and glad to meet you. I have depression I deal with too. It's a rough thing I know. Hope to see you around here.

HappyHousewife 07-26-2002 09:06 AM

Yep, Sounds too familiar!

Hey,
I know exactly what you mean. I was flat out MAD at myself for getting over 200 pounds. I have never been obese, but I was at that point. (and still am by 10 pounds). :/
I had gained so much weight I couldn't wear ANY of my clothes and I was depressed ALL the time!! :(
All of the women (and men) @ 3FC are wonderful. Very encouraging and willing to give a helping hand.
You know that you can do it because you've done it before. I can already tell you have more willpower than I do. :p
It is really hard for me to go shopping with any of my skinny friends or family members. I feel so insecure and guilty when I do.
I am almost 200 pounds myself and I'm finding it very difficult to lose weight. Even with proper diet and exercising. I'm determined not to give up though. Even if I don't lose weight-I will be healthy and that is all that will matter in the end.
Being skinny doesn't mean you're healthy. :dizzy:
Sorry for being so long winded. I just know what you're going through. You are always welcome to instant message me. Please don't be discouraged or depressed.
There IS a light at the end of the tunnel and things will change because you're doing something about it!

Good Luck!!

Leenie 07-26-2002 09:16 AM

Girls how about this one.

I lost 150 lbs, kept it off over 13 years and gained 80 back in the past 4 years. Talk about depressed.

Anyway, I'm not dieting, I'm making slow changes in the way I think and react with food. I'm not going to weigh myself cause it will only depress me more. I'm making better choices and eating less of what I really love, and you know I feel good about it.

I know I can over come this and lose the weight I so deeply want to, and I know its going to take time - patience :)

I'm also learning (RIGHT LINDA) how not to beat myself up if I screw up a day.....for me its all or nothing and I'm relearning that too.

I'm pretty proud of myself for not going ape sh*t over the weekend and let my eating get out of control.

Hang with us, we'll get thru this.

Love, Leens
Check us out on the daily board :)

hillary29 07-26-2002 12:44 PM

Hi Guys,

I have done really well this week, and I have been doing like I was told, take one day at a time, I am drinking ALOT of water, and although I am only sopose to weigh myself once a week, I have been taking peeks every now & then & YIPEE I have lost weight this week :D I cant wait until my official weigh in on Monday, I usually dread weigh ins, or dont do it cuz I know there will be gains :dizzy: I am so happy that I found this place where others can relate to what I am going through!!

Thanks so much for writing to me, I am amazed how much that going to a website everyday to check in, helps me. I hope that all of us can find a light at the end of the dark tunnel!

HHW- You are so right, being skinny does not mean that you are healthy! What I would GIVE to be skinny & healthy!!

Hey Leens, what is it about the weekend that makes people screw up? I always wanted my weekends to be my free days where I could eat all day long, and anything I wanted, bad bad idea! I hope I can get through this weekend!!

Take Care ladies, you guys are awesome :D

Hillary

Rinsky 07-29-2002 02:28 PM

Hi everyone, I'm new to this website. I've posted a few so far, and then I get lost!! When you're talking about "journaling" is that on this site,or on your own at home?
I pulled up this thread because I was sooo frustrated about ten days ago. Now, I back.. feeling positive. Actually looking forward to being weighed (at WW). I've noticed that the less time I spend thinking, eating (and sleeping as a result of eating) the more positive I feel. I also feel anxious though. I'm hoping that this is a temporary state of affairs. Has anyone felt this way?
How do you all continue to "find" each other if the threads change. I'm so new at this..
Rinsky

Be Good Be Glad Be Brave

Be Good Be Glad Be Brave

LindaT 07-29-2002 02:39 PM

Hello

Hi Rinsky,

Glad you could join us. We start a new daily thread every day on this board.. todays in named Moanday July 29th. Tomorrow's will be July 30th, the next day July 31st.. etc. Just look for the current date on the name of the thread, and there you are. :)