3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   Think I'm Depressed (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/181455-think-im-depressed.html)

Butter_Butt 09-09-2009 11:11 PM

Think I'm Depressed

I do not nor have I had Suicidal or Homicidal tendencies/thoughts..haven't been Diagnosed with Depression,and do not take an Anti-Depressant,however,I think I'm Depressed.

I lack energy,motivation,lay around or sleep.Sometimes I feel hopeless,useless,worthless and undeserving.I don't care if the House is cleaned,when I used to keep my House immaculate.I do keep Dishes/Laundry washed,take trash out,Feed/Water Cat,scoop her Litterbox,run Errands,but let most of the "Big" Housework go..

I was doing well losing weight until I began staying with a sick Friend,and re-gained 21.4 lbs of the Weight I lost.When it became to humid to Walk,I stopped.

Seems nothing is going right and I'm falling behind instead of progressing forward.

AR4life 09-09-2009 11:21 PM

:hug:

Have you been to the doc? it could be something medically that needs attention. Go and get yourself checked out.

:hug: take care

LotusMama 09-09-2009 11:36 PM

:hug:

thistime140 09-10-2009 12:10 AM

Butter Butt...I dont think what you have described is clinical depression...but it IS a form of depression! I have exactly the same issue...since i lost my job, I have 0 motivation to do anything, and i have gained weight. i dont clean my house, or do the things I should either...I just want to sleep all day. Sometimes I dont even shower...I just pull my hair back, and wear my comfy clothes.
I have noticed, tho...that what helps me, anyway is to force myself to get up....and demand I accomplish 1 thing...after that 1 task is accomplished, I usually feel like doing more. The more I do, the more motivated I become. Sometimes my "funks" last a day or two, but themn I can wean my way back to normalcy. It could be a mild form of manic/depression, actually.
And EXERCISE...it's the only free mood medication there is!!
it is a choice I make everyday...to be productive. hope my little hints can help you as well.

Leenie 09-10-2009 01:16 PM

Hi BB,

:welcome:

The only one that can make a diagnosis is your doctor, I would suggest making an appointment as soon as you can... you deserve to feel better :hug:

Leenie

Ryanne 09-10-2009 01:23 PM

I second seeing the doc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter_Butt (Post 2918349)
I do not nor have I had Suicidal or Homicidal tendencies/thoughts..haven't been Diagnosed with Depression,and do not take an Anti-Depressant,however,I think I'm Depressed.

I lack energy,motivation,lay around or sleep.Sometimes I feel hopeless,useless,worthless and undeserving.I don't care if the House is cleaned,when I used to keep my House immaculate.I do keep Dishes/Laundry washed,take trash out,Feed/Water Cat,scoop her Litterbox,run Errands,but let most of the "Big" Housework go..

I was doing well losing weight until I began staying with a sick Friend,and re-gained 21.4 lbs of the Weight I lost.When it became to humid to Walk,I stopped.

Seems nothing is going right and I'm falling behind instead of progressing forward.

It seems to me that depression is setting in, and I would certainly talk to the doc before winter comes and it gets worse. Just tell your doc what you told us. I am on prozac now but was on Lexapro for years, mine is mainly anxiety and panic attacks, but I do have bouts of depression and I had bipolar tendencies, either really up or really really down. The medication helps tremendously. Things you could do diet wise...again talk to doc, but usually avoiding sugar, dairy and gluten can help, while raising the levels of probiotics in your diet, also St. John's Wort.... but again, talk to doc before trying any of this stuff. Regular exercise helps,too.

salsa chip 09-10-2009 05:11 PM

As someone who's recently been diagnosed, but has probably been suffering from depression for years - just go and see your doc now and try and get it as early as possible.

Butter_Butt 09-15-2009 03:07 AM

AR4life,
I see my Doctor every 3 Months,but haven't brought it up because there is never enough time to fit everything in that I need to tell him at my Appointments.

Butter_Butt 09-15-2009 03:08 AM

Thank you Jrmohr,I really needed that :hug: :hug: back at you!

Butter_Butt 09-15-2009 05:25 AM

Thistime140,
I don't think it is Clinical Depression,but is some form of Depression.I turn 37 this Year,which is bringing me down.I'm single,no Children,my entire immediate Family (Step-Sister,Step-Mother,Dad,Paternal Grandmother and Step-Grandmother) died in less than 10 Years.My Birth Mother died when I was 1 Week and 4 Day's,so have no memory of her.My remaining Family doesn't give a sh*t about me,I never see or hear from any of them.They don't call,come by,ask me to their Family functions,and Female Cousins never call and ask if I want to go for Lunch or Shopping with them.I feel lost,alone,empty and like I'm a nobody because I haven't reached my desired WLG (Weight loss goal),finished my Education and don't have a Professional Career with a nice paying Salary.I didn't get all of the necessary Paperwork complete for a Phlebotomy Course because the Man I needed to meet with was out of Office sick,so have to wait until the next Course begins.Phlebotomy isn't my Life's calling,it's a means to have a higher earning capacity while I finish my Bachelors and progress further with my Education.My Finances are real bad right now.Am fighting like mad to get Bills paid that were incurred by a Woman who used me.I find myself eating an entire 18 ounce package of Cookies or 10 ounce canister of Chocolate covered Cashews,when I know I shouldn't,but what am I to do when it's all I can afford?I started going to Physical Therapy for my Spine Friday.The PT wants to see me 3 times per Week.I had an Appointment scheduled Yesterday Morning,yet overslept and missed my Appointment!I went to a Podiatrist early July and learned I have Athletes Foot,which is a Fungus.He recommended I alternate Lotrimin (Clotrimazole) Cream and Socks 1 Night and Lotion and Socks the next..I don't have the energy to rub on my Feet!When Showering,I exfoliate/gently scrub and wash my Feet..I have so much stuff I MUST get organized and done.Am making lists and as I go,I'm gonna check off everything I accomplish.I'm forcing myself to do things.I received an Invitation to Church and attended the past 2 Sunday Morning Worship Services.I'm going to start Volunteering at a Kitchen that the Church has for those less fortunate and help Cook the Evening Meal before Wednesday Evening Service.I was Walking the Track though I only managed 1 lap around.My Spine tires easily,but am hoping that PT will help strengthen it so I can work my way up to 1/2 Mile,then perhaps 1 Mile.

Butter_Butt 09-15-2009 05:27 AM

Hi Leenie,
I really don't like the idea of taking an Anti-Depressant,but if it helps,I won't mind taking until I feel I no longer need.

Butter_Butt 09-15-2009 05:37 AM

Ryanne,
Aged 22,I was Diagnosed with Anxiety,Panic Attacks and Agoraphobia.After the deaths of my Paternal Grandmother and Step-Mother,I eventually became completely Housebound Agoraphobic for at least 5 of 7 Years.I take Xanax,and am no longer Agoraphobic.I get out,go places and Drive..I can't take St. John's Wort with the Xanax.If I had the Money to buy Food,the Foods I would select are: Grass fed Beef,Free-Range Poultry,Healthy Fish,Organic unblemished Vegetables,limited Fruit,Low-Glycemic Foods,no Wheat,No Gluten and good pure Water.I take Probiotics with a Prebiotic,and when I have it,Organic Yogurt.

Butter_Butt 09-15-2009 05:38 AM

Salsa Chip,
My next Appointment is early October..

mom with issues 09-15-2009 08:31 AM

Butter Butt,
You absolutely MUST talk to a doctor as soon as you can. I have struggled with depression and anxiety for many years. There are times when I am okay not taking medication and there are times when I cant function and need the meds. Right now I am in a place where I need the meds. I had been on one med for about the last year or so and thought it was doing a good job. But I realized lately that I had been having a lot more anxiety. My doc wanted me off the Xanax, but I just couldn't. I found another doc who switched the AD I was on and let me continue the Xanax. My anxiety level has dropped considerable to where I don't need the Xanax every day now.
I guess what I'm saying is this: first you must talk to your doc and find a med that fits your symptoms. TRY IT!!! If that med doesn't work, try another. Certain meds work for some things and not for others. I don't like SSRI's. They make me feel worse. I have read where if your depression is in the bipolar spectrum SSRI's tend to make things worse. In that case you need an SNRI like Effexor or Wellbutrin (I am currently on Wellbutrin). The SNRI's hit different receptors in your brain. And bipolar is not just manic-depression anymore. It used to mean just extreme highs and lows, but not it can mean a wide variety of symptoms. I experience anger and rage along with having no motivation. The meds have helped me tremendously and I don't know what I would do without them. I have 3 kids and I don't have the luxury of wanting to lay in bed all day. Then again, most people don't.
Most importantly is your doctor. Make sure you find someone who is willing to listen to you and work with you to find a solution that works. Also, reading and research can go a long way toward finding the right med. The more you know, the more you can help your doctor find the solution for you.
I'm sorry I've been so long winded but this is a subject I feel very strongly about and I hope I can help. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Butter_Butt 09-16-2009 11:29 PM

Mom with issues,
I was so Depressed,teary and down Today (it's Rained for 3-4 Day's and I started my Period too,so that didn't help matters any!).If I had all these Bills paid,Money in the Bank,and a new Blower Motor Module for my Car,I would have left and wouldn't of told anyone I was leaving or where I was going.Heck,I don't even have a clue where I would have went!Life,life's circumstances,loss,grief,pain and Heartache is why I'm Depressed.I feel worthless,useless,not good enough and underserving.It's like I feel that I have to be "perfect" before I can be involved in Volunteering or have a Social life because of still having a large amount of Weight to lose and with my Education unfinished.I don't experience anger or rage..I re-scheduled an earlier Appointment with my Primary Care Physician for the end of the Month,so am going to discuss with him IF he allows me enough time!