Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 12:51 AM   #91  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Happy Birthday Momof4!!!

Good to see everybody, except Amarie- you still out there?

I'm with you on the shopping thing Angel, if I get out of the store without crying or having a panic attack I'm doing well. Some trips are better than others but yikes, it' s usually not pleasant.

Oogi, I saw a recipe that looked good with peaches. If I can find it I'll let you know. They are absolutely my favorite fruit.

Purefire, what's in the pasta salad recipe? I need one that is low fat/cal.

marbear-I hope the icecream didn't get you!

I'm off the next 2 days. Yay! I do have a dentist appointment tomorrow but then I'm free. I have so many things I need to do around the house. We'll see what happens. Hopefully there will be some exercise in there somewhere.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:34 AM   #92  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey Hope!

I hate clothes shopping -- its depressing!!! I love it when my friends or my MIL buys me clothes, because it makes it a lot easier and they usually know what looks better on me than I do!!! lol. GL at the dentist appointment. DH and I need to go in before I ditch my insurance in September. (DH has insurance and mine is total crap, but we should go and get a last visit before we lose the double coverage) I need to do some major cleaning but I don't wanna! WAH! LMAO. My DH has been such a sweetie lately, doing up dishes, doing laundry, vacuuming, etc..........but it still needs some cleaning yet. At least our car is clean -- as its brand new! HA! I need to get my behind in gear with the exercising thing. I am thinking about us going to get the treadmill and rowing machine at the in-laws that they are giving us and finding a spot for them, that way its right there! No excuses!!!!! Although I am sure I probably could find some if I really wanted too! But I really need to get back on the exercise. Have been eating bad too.........*sigh*

Well have a good one!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 07-23-2009 at 06:35 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:52 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 232/tick/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning ladies.

hope - the icecream did not get me! yay!

pure - glad you had fun in ME. The weather has been mush nicer lately - hopefully it holds out for this weekend!

buddly - hope all is going well on the inlaw front

I'm in heaven right now. I'm not sure if I've mentioned how obsessed I've become with frozen cherries, but OMG... The entire bag of dole cherries is only 220 calories - Ha! So that's my breakfast - with some yogurt.

I may be mia until Monday... not sure if I'll get a chance to pop back in later. One of my best friends from high school is coming up for the weekend. My birthday is Saturday - #26... ick. Imiss being 16. Not becuase of the youth and energy or any of that other nonesense - but because my parnets did my laundry, paid my bills, and the only responsibilty I really had was a few math problems every night and knowing when to show up at the mall on the weekends. The desire to be 16 REALLY runs through my head everymonth when I pay rent...

So... There will be drinking. Probably lots of it. So I've already formulated a menu for next week, knowing full well I'm not going to stay on target this weekend. I figure - I might as well realize I'm not going to be perfect and have fun rather than feeling guilty about every single glass of wine and ruining my weekend. I realize it sounds like I'm making excuses - that's not really what I'm trying to do. My week next week will more than make up for it - I promise

However... I have a day of work and a therapist appt to get through before I start having fun. Oh and a bunch of cleaning. Therapist should be good (riiiiiight...). She was going to read that blasted story I gave her during my last appt. She agreed to email me so I wouldn't have to talk to her in person. I'm hoping she just didn't read it, and that she didn't decide we should talk about it in person. This is going to suck if she did...

I hope you ladies have a fabulous weekend!
Old 07-23-2009, 09:45 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 162/155/115

Good Morning Ladies..

Sassy ~ I can understand your not wanting to get up and go to work. I worked 3rd shift for 4 years. It was an ok shift to work but most of the time I didn't want to get up and go. The only thing that was good about going to work was the crew I worked with. I like being laid off for the moment but now I am looking for a job that is not 3rd shift.

oogi ~ I love going online looking for recipes. I go to one website alot. I went looking this morning and there are a few recipes for peaches and they are healthy.
http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/co...h_recipes.html

hope ~ The pasta salad that we had last weekend was very high calorie, but I loved it. My boyfriend said I did a really good job making it for the first time. I am going to go shopping to get the stuff I need to try to make it low calorie/low fat. It should come out just as good. I hope.
The recipe is:
1 lb box Elbow macaroni
6 large hard boiled eggs
3 med or large tomatoes
2 med (7" long) cucumbers
1 cup lite or fat free mayo
oregano and salt and pepper.
~ Cook the macaroni like you normally would. ~ After you peel the eggs, just use the whites. cut them up into pieces ~ cut up the tomatoes ~ cut the cucumber into slices. (I cut them into slices and then cut them in half again)
~ Then add the mayo. Then add oregano and salt and pepper.
** Your going to want a big bowl for this. It makes a lot.**
I tired adding up the calories for this. The whole recipe comes to about..
1950 calories 76fat 73 protein.

buddly ~ Hope everything is going ok with you inlaws.

marbear ~ The cherries sound wonderful. I have so much fruit in my fridge, now I just have to go through it to see what's good. If I can save any of it. I'm going to cut everything that needs to be cut and put it all into a big bowl. My boyfriends mother likes the fruit dip that comes with the platters you get at the grocery store. We actually made a low calorie dip instead which was a tub of fat free whip topping, and fat free strawberry yogurt. It was so good.
It always seems to be so hard to stay on plan when we go away or have plans on the weekend. nobody's perfect. As long as you get back on plan when the weekend is over. That is what counts.

It felt so good to sleep at home. I missed my bed. I completely forgot yesterday.. We came home from Maine with 5 kittens. They are all running around the room. It's so cute. They woke us up this morning.

I have a bunch of cleaning to do this morning. With the kittens here, i am going to clean out my closet, so the cats have more room to play. They have to stay upstairs with us. My mother's boyfriend doesn't want them in the house. So today I am working on the upstairs to make sure the kitty's have enough room and can't get downstairs.

hope everyone has a good day.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:12 PM   #95  

Marbear!

Enjoyed reading all of the posts. Thanks to all of you that welcomed me!

Found out yesterday that my next great-grand is a little girl! I'm so happy! This makes 12 grands and 2 great-grands. And I'm not even old!!! At least, I don't feel it.....even with all that's happened.

I finally settled on a couple of pantsuits. Not crazy about them, but, I think it's more the sizes than the styles. I'm just not used to being this big.

Gonna go before I depress myself.........everyone have a good day.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:47 PM   #96  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Work is busy busy... have a wonderful day chickies

Leenie
Old 07-23-2009, 11:59 PM   #97  
Starting Again

Angel, congrats on the new grand-baby girl! (and on the pant suits )

Purefire, thanks for the recipe, it sounds good and I think I have most of the ingredients already.

Marbear, have fun this weekend. It's a special occasion and as long as you get back on track Monday you will be fine.

Sassy, I had a dentist appointment too today. I had a cleaning a couple of weeks ago and had a filling today. It wasn't bad, be brave!

I was off today and made some really great and fresh food. I had a grilled chicken salad for lunch with lots of berries, fresh veggies and poppy seed dressing. For dinner I grilled mahi mahi and made mango salsa with a side of roasted asparagus. It's amazing how good your body feels when you actually eat healthy things. Go figure.
I got a workout in too. I did a walking video and one of the Biggest Loser workouts. Have any of you ever done one of those with Bob Harper? I think he is a great trainer but he has NO rhythm, gets off count and completely rushes. You can't even keep on his count most of the time. The people behind him can't either. Everybody is keeping a different pace. It looks like they just threw it together. I'm surprised it was released that way. That has been true of every one of his I've tried.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:27 AM   #98  

Thank you hope4me!
WOW.........that food really sounds good! Almost makes me want to diet............almost. It's so hard getting started. I've got to work up the will power. With health problems, I can't exercise, so I have to just about starve. I've done it before, but, can't seem to get going this time.

Don't work too hard, Leenie.

SASSY, the dentist appointment reminds me. Do you watch American Idol? The winner a couple of years ago....Taylor Hicks..........well, his dad is my dentist! There are pictures of Taylor all over his office.

Purefire, I'm curious to know how you're going to keep those kittens upstairs. I've got 2(white one is "popcorn" and brown one "peanut" and can't control them at all! They're very playful, and get by me so easily.

Buddly, hope all is better for your in-laws. My heart goes out to them. I can say that I know what it's like to experience fire.

Hope all have a good day.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:30 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 162/155/115

Good Morning Ladies..

Angel ~ Congrats on the new grand-baby girls and finding a few pant-suits. The kittens are being good so far. They stay together or in the closet which is now set up for them so for now it's easy to slip in and out of the door. The best part is they sleep all night but wake us up at around 7am.

Hope ~ your welcome and let me know how it comes out. I won't have time to make it until after I come back from vacation.

Marbear ~ Have fun this weekend and Happy Birthday.

Leenie ~ Don't work to hard.

Today I am working on stay OP. I've been off it for over a week now and I can feel it. If the weather gets better, I am hoping to get some exercise in as well. My boyfriends niece and nephew are sleeping over tonight so it's going to be an interesting evening. Going to spend the day with my son.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:18 PM   #100  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone
Just popping in before getting ready for work. Suppose to hit 30* (86*F) today. Would love it except I'm stuck in a small kitchen between the grill and fryers. But we do have a nice walk in cooler and somebody has to do back ups, so you know where I'll end up!!
Thanks for all the well wishes for the in laws. Hubby called them last night and they are doing really well and thankfully everything is fine. For as bad as the fire was only three homes and a trailer was lost. They even managed to save a saw mill which is a major employer, so many blessings.
I better get going I always seem to run out of time.
Take care everyone
K
Old 07-25-2009, 07:39 AM   #101  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Happy Saturday what a long week this has been lol, TGIS. Any plans for the weekend?

Nothing much here cept cleaning and a birthday party this afternoon, and tomorrow is all mine seems like I haven't had a slow weekend is a long time.

Anyway.. have a great day Chickies

Leenie
Old 07-25-2009, 12:34 PM   #102  
Pretty Princess

Happy Saturday!!

Started my day with as much of the 30 Day Shred as I could handle--my body is not complying with my request to hop up and down. So, I shall do some housecleaning and burn my calories that way, prep food for the week, and drink my water. Also, we're going to TWO cookouts today and I'm terrified, but I'm going to bring water and tea to drink [stay AWAY from the soda] and probably pack some fruit and good food to eat.

Have a great day!
Old 07-25-2009, 11:24 PM   #103  
Starting Again

Hi ladies,

Ifyernasty, yeah if I do Jillian Michael's workouts I can't do all of the jumping. I also can't do all of the stuff in the plank position. I just can't hold myself up in that position for very long at this weight.

Heather, how's it going? We haven't seen you in a few days.

A couple of people noticed that I have lost some weight today. That hasn't happened in a long time. I'm down about 10 lbs from my highest. (My ticker is wrong and has been for a looong time.) It felt nice. I've been working at it slowly for a while and working out about 2-4 times a week. Pray that I continue, I need to so badly.

What are y'all up to for Sunday? I'm working from 11-8pm.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:58 AM   #104  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Welcome Ifyernasty, hope the bbq's were a success.. they are so hard.

Hope I'm so glad people are starting to notice your wl... it means so much.

Buddly when I worked in a nursing home I used to cook for 90 patients... the kitchen was wall to wall ovens and steam tables... boy do I remember sitting in the walk in freezers to cool off lol, working in those places is not easy.............hopefully you had a good day.

Mom .. happy belated birthday

Nothing on the agenda today

TTYS, Leenie
Old 07-26-2009, 07:46 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Thank you for all the birthday wishes. We came to the house to get some stuff and do some things then we are going back out. I gotta go bath the girls and then shower and we can get going. i will catch up on everything when I get back it looks like a lot of interesting topics and things going on. I am hoping I lose weight like I do when I am camping!! Ok catch you all lata!!!
Closed Thread