Saying Hi

• Hey, I'm new to 3Fatchicks. I thought I'd introduce myself to this forum, as I'll be poking around frequently. One of the reasons I need to diet is because I'm at the point where I don't even want to leave the house. I moved away from home, and one of the chief reasons I don't want to visits - is so I won't be the friend who got fat - as most of my heavier friends are now loosing weight and I've gained it.

My doctor put me on Welbutrin for anxiety and anger issues, but it doesn't seem to do much for depression. She doesn't want to put me on anything that causes weight gain since that will make the situation worse. I make it worse on my own, so why do I need medicine to do it, eh? I feel sad, so I eat, then I feel sad because I ate - so I eat more... and we have snowballed into a 40lb weight gain since I graduated College in 2005.

So - I need to break the snowball effect, and stop the diet-on-diet-off rollercoaster that has been my life recently. I will stick to it this time! (Having people to remind me and hold me accountable is a good thing though!)
  • Welcome to the boards.

I'm taking Wellbutrin as well and find that it has absolutely killed my appetite. Either that or the anxiety over my marital problems. I find that reminding myself to eat every 2-3 hours (with an alarm on my email) helps me to keep stable blood sugar levels all day and I'm less likely to binge later in the day when I'm bored or sad.

Good luck and welcome again!
  • Marbear

Sounds like your ready to make some serious changes.. good for you

We have a monthly chat and may I just say, the ladies that post there are amazing

Glad you joined us.

Leenie
  • I know how you feel...
    Your situation is identical to mine. Even when we graduated college...I truly feel for you because I know exactly what you are going through. I have my 10 year reunion this year and do not want to go to it all - and probably won't due to my weight gain (which I do understand is ridiculous).

I would love to add words of advice, but as for myself I have just started this next step and am still struggling. However, feel free to contact me to vent or chat - it is nice to have someone who knows EXACTLY what you are going through.

Good luck!
  • Quote: Your situation is identical to mine. Even when we graduated college...I truly feel for you because I know exactly what you are going through. I have my 10 year reunion this year and do not want to go to it all - and probably won't due to my weight gain (which I do understand is ridiculous).

I would love to add words of advice, but as for myself I have just started this next step and am still struggling. However, feel free to contact me to vent or chat - it is nice to have someone who knows EXACTLY what you are going through.

Good luck!
    Thanks, will do. And same here - if you need to vent I'm all ears... or eye and keyboard... something like that...