sad news

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Just wanted to give an update.

Some of you know that my husband was diagnosed with an incurable cancer (a type of plasma cell leukemia) just over 19 months ago. The bone marrow transplant (his own stem cells) that was done in March 2008 failed and the cancer returned. He's been undergoing various chemo regimes in order to prepare for a donor transplant.

He lost his battle, unexpectedly, in the wee small hours of last week.. Tuesday, May 19th. In many ways, it is a blessing, as he went suddenly.. a massive hemorrhage in his brain. He has been spared the long drawn out wasting and incredible pain that this cancer brings. The medical staff were able to keep him alive via respirator so that our children (26 & 21) could make it home, for each, a 2 - 2 1/2 hour trip. They were able to say goodbye and we were with him as he passed away.

I have been absent from posting, but I have been looking in now and then. So many of you have been so kind and I just wanted to let you know.

Debbie
  • Debbie, my heart goes out to you and your children. I pray that God will grant you peace and comfort at this time.
  • Debbie

I am so sorry for the loss of your husband and all that your family has been through these two years.

Pamela
  • Debbie - That is so sad, and I'm so sorry you and your family has had to endure this. You'll be in my thoughts. Take care
  • Oh Sweetie, I am so sorry I know your DH suffered so. He was blessed to have you by his side and to help him on his journey home. May you and your family find comfort and love at this time. We're here if you need to chat.

Love you !! Leenie
  • I'm sorry for your loss ~ my thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. May God be with you during this difficult time.
  • So sorry!
    I am so very sorry for the loss you and your boys are enduring right now. I cannot imagine how hard it must be. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • I am so sorry for your loss.
  • Take care of yourself during this very difficult time.I am so sorry for you and your family.
  • Debbie, I am so very sorry to hear all that you both have been through since he was diagnosed with cancer. May your husband rest in peace and may you and your children find much comfort from loved ones and friends at this time. Strength and love to you- you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Debbie, so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
  • I am sorry for you loss. May you and your family look back on precious memories and find some sense of comfort.
  • That's awful love and hope being sent your way xxxx
  • I cannot imagine what you are going through. Please reach out to as many people as you can.... whatever you need, that is what you deserve. You are a very brave woman. I am so sorry for your loss.