3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   sad news (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/172511-sad-news.html)

JudoMom 05-25-2009 11:04 AM

sad news

Just wanted to give an update.

Some of you know that my husband was diagnosed with an incurable cancer (a type of plasma cell leukemia) just over 19 months ago. The bone marrow transplant (his own stem cells) that was done in March 2008 failed and the cancer returned. He's been undergoing various chemo regimes in order to prepare for a donor transplant.

He lost his battle, unexpectedly, in the wee small hours of last week.. Tuesday, May 19th. In many ways, it is a blessing, as he went suddenly.. a massive hemorrhage in his brain. He has been spared the long drawn out wasting and incredible pain that this cancer brings. The medical staff were able to keep him alive via respirator so that our children (26 & 21) could make it home, for each, a 2 - 2 1/2 hour trip. They were able to say goodbye and we were with him as he passed away.

I have been absent from posting, but I have been looking in now and then. So many of you have been so kind and I just wanted to let you know.

Debbie

bargoo 05-25-2009 11:21 AM

Debbie, my heart goes out to you and your children. I pray that God will grant you peace and comfort at this time.

Pamela 05-25-2009 11:27 AM

Debbie

I am so sorry for the loss of your husband and all that your family has been through these two years.

Pamela

walking2lose 05-25-2009 12:10 PM

Debbie - That is so sad, and I'm so sorry you and your family has had to endure this. You'll be in my thoughts. Take care

Leenie 05-25-2009 12:12 PM

Oh Sweetie, I am so sorry :hug: I know your DH suffered so. He was blessed to have you by his side and to help him on his journey home. May you and your family find comfort and love at this time. We're here if you need to chat.

Love you !! Leenie

glynne 05-25-2009 12:13 PM

I'm sorry for your loss ~ my thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

luvja 05-25-2009 12:27 PM

:hug: I'm so sorry for your loss. May God be with you during this difficult time.

bindersbee 05-25-2009 01:31 PM

So sorry!

I am so very sorry for the loss you and your boys are enduring right now. I cannot imagine how hard it must be. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Cinnamon 05-25-2009 01:33 PM

I am so sorry for your loss.

harrismm 05-25-2009 01:41 PM

Take care of yourself during this very difficult time.I am so sorry for you and your family.

Steelslady 05-25-2009 01:58 PM

Debbie, I am so very sorry to hear all that you both have been through since he was diagnosed with cancer. May your husband rest in peace and may you and your children find much comfort from loved ones and friends at this time. Strength and love to you- you'll be in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

buddly 05-25-2009 07:50 PM

Debbie, :hug: so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

angeline 05-25-2009 07:57 PM

I am sorry for you loss. May you and your family look back on precious memories and find some sense of comfort.

chudge 05-25-2009 08:02 PM

That's awful love and hope being sent your way xxxx

Kimmie1989 05-25-2009 08:14 PM

I cannot imagine what you are going through. Please reach out to as many people as you can.... whatever you need, that is what you deserve. You are a very brave woman. I am so sorry for your loss.

Stepping Out 05-26-2009 12:06 AM

Debbie..

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband! I rarely post here; but I still read the threads every day, and I'd just been wondering how you were. My prayers are with you. :hug:

prinny 05-26-2009 09:44 AM

My father died fairly suddenly (a fast decline over a week) when his lung cancer moved to his brain so, just to let you know, I am so sorry for your loss. He was my father and my best friend. It's horrible. I hope you will eventually be ok.

scarahjs 05-26-2009 10:01 AM

I am sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

shantroy 05-26-2009 12:22 PM

So sorry about your loss.

Thighs Be Gone 05-26-2009 12:27 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss.

dutchgirl 05-26-2009 12:43 PM

I am so sorry. Hug cherished memories close to you and share them with your family. You and yours will be in my thoughts and prayers.:hug:

annie175 05-26-2009 12:50 PM

Debbie,

So sorry to hear of your loss, altho now he is at peace and pain free. May God Bless you with a happy, peaceful heart and what a great guardian angel you have now.

Ravengirl 05-26-2009 03:17 PM

Debbie,

I haven't been posting much either but I just saw this news and had to lend my voice to all the rest... I am so very sorry for your loss...if it had to be at all, at least he didn't have to suffer and that is something to hold on to. It is always the people left behind that suffer the most. I am so sorry...

cathyxxx 05-26-2009 03:39 PM

Debbie - I am so very sorry for the loss of your dear hubby! I am praying for you and your family!
hugs & prayers,
Cathy

hope4me 05-26-2009 10:57 PM

Debbie,

I've thought of you so often and wondered how things were going. I'm so sorry to hear the news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Sounds like he had everything any of us can hope for in the end, a loving family by his side. I hope you keep in touch with all of us in the weekly chat. We miss you there so please lean on us all you need to. :hug:

Take care sweetie.

MeganBeth 05-27-2009 12:16 AM

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Sassy_Chick 05-27-2009 06:06 AM

Debbie, so very sorry for your loss. :hug:

http://dl7.glitter-graphics.net/pub/...htat531c5w.jpg

HeatherAngel 05-27-2009 06:33 AM

Oh Debbie, I am SO sorry - please stay with us so we can support you through this difficult time.

You are so often in my thoughts -
Heather x

chickybird 05-27-2009 08:40 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss. Please keep posting so we can support you!

JudoMom 05-28-2009 10:17 AM

Thank you for all of the kind words, caring & concern everyone. As hard as it is dealing with the aftermath of the will, accounts, mortgage, pensions/insurance, etc... it is keeping me busy. My 21 year old daughter has been here all week and I will take her back to the city where she lives (2.5 hours away) tomorrow.. if we can find someone to tend our dog.

Never rains.... it pours.... We took the dog (hub's walking partner; our 10 1/2 year old male German Shep) to the vet on Tuesday for his kennel cough shot and to get a broken toenail tended to. Seems it wasn't broken, but in fact was abnormal because there was a tumour in the paw. They had to amputate one of his toes on his front paw. We will get the results early next week, but they are pretty sure it's bone cancer. (My husband had a blood cancer which is directly related to the bone marrow). How ironic.

I will peek in now and then. Over the next while, and as things slow down, I will be posting in chickchat, I'm sure. I have quite a stack of thank you cards to take care of, and I haven't even begun to open all of the cards that people brought to the service and have come in the mail to the house.. there are hundreds.. the funeral director told me that over 725 people attended... a real tribute to my husband and the people he impacted.

Thanks so much again, everyone.

Debbie

paperSkin 05-30-2009 11:58 AM

I am really sorry to hear about your husband's passing. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm glad to hear your daughter has been with you during this hard time. I'm sorry to hear about your dog too.

kiramira 05-31-2009 10:55 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this -- when it rains, it pours, huh...
Treat yourself well, and it sounds like your husband was an amazing man who touched many lives.
:hug:
Kira

Sophia Elise 06-05-2009 10:17 PM

How is he now?

Sophia Elise 06-05-2009 10:24 PM

Oh I'm so sorry.. I did not read the whole forum. I just read your initial posting. I'm truly sorry about this.

Tracy 06-15-2009 07:27 PM

:hug:I am so sorry!