May Chick Chat - 2009 Come Join Us ((hug))

You're on Page 5 of 6
Go to
  • Hi everyone!!

Hope you are all doing well. Woke up to a couple of inches of wet snow yesterday, yuck, but things are suppose to be changing and getting warm, can't wait. I have to work both Thurs and Fri and if things go according to plan head out of town with my mother until Wed night. Should be an interesting trip.
    I can't believe we are near the end of May already. June 12 is the last day of classes for DdC I honestly don't know where the time is flying to.

Well take care everyone and have a wonderful day!
    K
  • Hi chicks,

Been off for a couple of days but back to the grind tomorrow. I'm not ready. I went to the dr. today and got my cholesterol, thryroid, and sugar level checked. I assume it will be about a week before I hear anything. I'm not expecting miracles since I've been eating like crap for as long as I can remember. Keep your fingers crossed.

Amarie, thinking of you this week.
  • Hola Chicks!

OH Buddly, SNOW??? So sorry hon!!! I am sending some of my sunshine to ya! I hope it works!!!!!! I hope you have fun with your mom! My mom is visiting me now! She is going to help me plant flowers!!!!!

Hope -- Hey Chick. UGH don't you hate going back to work after having a couple days off? I know I am going to DREAD going back on Sunday! But at least it will be GOOD money! (Memorial Day) I will keep my fingers for good results on your tests! I need to go and get my levels re-checked, see if they have improved. They should have!

Anyways, BIG to everybody!!!
  • Just wanted to say hello everyone. I hope you are getting out into the sunshine this weekend. You're in my thoughts!
  • Hello all!

Last week was the hardest week I have ever lived through. Friday was absolutely beautiful - we did Cleo's favorite things, and in the end she went to sleep surrounded by those who loved her. I will miss her more than anything, but I really believe she was happy at the end, and that means a great deal. Thanks to all who leant me support. I know several of you have been where I am now. In honor of all the furry friends who've loved us.

I started walking again. The garden plot I have is about 1 mile from my house - and it needs to be watered daily. Sure, I could set up a soaker hose, but instead I think I'll walk there everyday and water it my own darned self. Should help me get some movement in!

Hopey - I've got my fingers crossed! Good news on the tests?

MissRicer - I did get out in the shunshine - and have the shiny red nose to prove it! Thanks for the thoughts
  • Hi MissRicer

Hi Amarie -- BIG BIG I know it was so hard for me when we had to put my dear sweet cat, Puddy to sleep. But like you said he is in a much better place now and he is no longer in any pain. But I know its difficult and like my mil told me, there will be times when you will see something random and it will just remind you of your furry loved one and you will just burst into tears and it has happened to me. First time was when I had to pick up his food bowl and wash it and put it away. (yes I kept it lol) I balled like a little baby. lol. Then there are sometimes if I watch a movie or something it will remind me of him. Just random things like that. lol. WTG on the walking! I started walking on my lunches. I walk the parking lot. I figure at least I am out and walking, better than sitting on my bum.

Big to those who need it right now.
  • I know I have been MIA for like over a month. I am having the hardest time. Ok I was soo set on losing weight and was faithfully tracking calories everyday and doing well with them all for about a month. Then my husband started cooking and I kept slipping up and after feeling guilty every day about eating the wrong things I just quit really caring. Then after I had bugged my husband about watching the calories. After I quit he started getting into the calories. Now he tracks his EVERY day. I am going thru so much crap and find myself eating the junk and drinking the soda. I have an addictive problem to the wrong type of food. I did read Raven's post on the sugar and am going to take her advice and look into it.

Right now I am about to go over the edge...YES I have taken my meds only missed two nights this week. But there is sooooooo much. My kids are really driving me crazy not listening, fighting, screaming, crying, they just get into everything and dont care (I know its kids) but the money they are wasting. The boys had to crawl up on the sink and get the mouth wash down and dumped in the tub. Then they took the new febreeze spray I bought and sprayed the whole bottle. We just painted and they wrote on the walls. They begged for these new water swords and broke them with in 24 hours. Like HOW Do you teach them to take care of stuff. I mean there are times that accidents happen when they are doing the right things...yes they are boys and they are going to be rough on stuff. BUT I am going crazy. They tear the house up in seconds and dont clean up. My husband is always grumpy and complaining about something. I am really really trying to do more in the house so he has to do less. He works all day long then will come home and cook or clean stuff up or do something so it makes him work the whole day long. I just cant seem to get to bed at a decent time and cant make myself get out of bed. I rushed home from church today to straighten up the little mess the kids had from last night that way when he got home it would be cleaned and he wouldnt complain and he came down and complained about the cat liter. Like ewww....

On Friday I had a long day While I was trying to shower the kids got into cookies and kira 3 yr old came up just crying saying it hurts. After an hour of her crying I got it out of her it was her tooth. SO I got her into the dentist. I had 6 girls coming over after school for me to do their hair for the social that night. SO I ran around her for 40 mins trying to do everything I needed to do then took her to the dentist. Sat there for almost 2 hours listening to her scream to find out they had to do a root canal on her. Came home and girls were already here changing so I started doing hair. Did 2 girls makeup and 2 girls nails. Then while I was doing that my 6 yr old tried to make his own pb sandwich and then my 1 year old started eating the pbutter. Then the 4 yr old starting dipping oreos into the pbutter. From a new jar of pb there was 1/4 left and 6 oreos out of an almost full pack. I got all the girls out the door tried to clean up and here kira 3 yr old starts throwing up. I am trying to get kids dressed and make sandwiches and help keep her puking in the bucket. Husband gets home and complains he has to eat a sandwich and complains there is jelly on the floor...which I had picked up cause my son didnt put the lid on and when I used it the lid fell off and the jelly came out. I had such a long day but everything I did was not good enough. I ended up breaking down and telling him he hadnt said anything nice to me since he had been home. I had killed myself that day for everybody else but it wasnt good enough. I did all those girls hair just because I love them and wanted to help them. I like doing hair too but some of them didnt have money to go get it done...

So anyways...usually these feelings go away after a day or two but I am just getting worse. I am ready to lock everything up in my house and become a drill sargent. It might cut my work in half but wont be a very homey place. Like the boys clothes they have a mess in their room they cant put their dirty in the basket and tear out clean to find what they want....

AHHHHHHHH I am sorry this is my first post coming back but I made myself come back because I have no where to turn I am bout to go off the edge. Any help or advice would be great.

Thanks girls!
    me
  • Aww mom, big girl. So glad to see you back here - we've missed you!!! Hang in there - it'll get better; we've all been where you are, and it does pass, chick.

Hello everyone else - well, it's sadly official - I turned 40 on Saturday. *sigh* Most of the time I'm fine with it

Not much else of news - unbelievably STILL recovering from The Plague, but getting better... sloooowly. This was a baaaad one.

How are the rest of my chicks??

Heather
  • thanks heather I hope it does....

Going to my moms for the day will give me a lil break cause the kids go and play and dont drive me crazy!!
  • BIG BIG hugs momof4

Hello Heather!!!
  • Good morning everyone.

Beautiful day here again. Thanks Sassy that sunshine you sent has arrived The snow was definately a shocker, well not the snow but just how much there was.

amarie I know your Cloe is happy and her passing sounds so peaceful and loving.

momof4 big we are so glad you are back. I've been wondering how you were doing. I'm sorry that I have no advice other than hang in there and maybe keep repeating the serenity prayer it will get better and enjoy the break at your moms.

Heather glad to hear that you are starting to feel better.

Sassy good for you for walking. During the winter I would try to walk the parking lot while DdC was in judo. Now that it is still daylight and the sidewalks are clear I go around the block. Any movement is good!!

Hope hows it going? When are you next days off?

Missricer did you get out into the sun this weekend?

Big hellos and to everyone else as well!

Have to try and get DdC into the chiropractor this week and hopefully he can help her. She's been losing feeling in her right hand and feeling pain in the elbow she dislocated in Sept.

Anywho I'm off have a great day everyone and take care,
    K
    I'm trying to attach some pictures of what we woke to May 20/09 Hopefully it works.

• Hello ladies,

Heather, belated happy birthday! I say you're 30 with 10 years experience!

Amarie, I'm so sorry for your loss. It is always such a hard decision to make. Even though you know it was what was best, it doesn't seem to make things feel any better. You're in my thoughts.

I'm actually struggling myself today. It really seems to come in waves lately. It seems that sometimes I can handle life better than others. I had my first anxiety attack in months last night; it's always debt related. I know that this too shall pass.

Thanks for listening (reading ).
  • Hello All.

For some reason I just feel crappy today. I just wanna go back home and go to bed...........But alas have to make that $$. lol.

Buddly -- Glad the sunshine made it to you! Holy Smokes! Do you all normally get snow in May? I know when we lived in Upstate NY it could last until April, but I don't think May......Yes I agree any movement is better than none at all. I just feel sooooooo pathetic because I can only make it around the parking lot once then my leg starts killing me......... But I'll get there eventually! Just have to do what Dory said in Finding Nemo, "Just keep Swimming....."

MissRicer -- Big
  • Has anyone else done the potatos not prozac? What results have you had. I really am thinking of checking into it. I have realized the more I try to stop eating and drinking the wrong things the harder it is and my pepsi and sometimes the junk is like an addiction. I have to have my pepsi. Maybe a pepsi isnt that bad but its the fact that I HAVE to have it. Not a oh maybe today i will have a pepsi that sounds good...its give me a pepsi or I am gonna knock your head off...LOL...That is just the same as being addicted to cigarettes or alchol. I really need to fix this. I cant get myself to eat right because I cant get past this. I want to eat healthy and be healthy but just feel controlled by all the junk. I read the sugar sensitivity and it is like me to a T!!! LIke I am the creative type of person just found out I use my right side of my brain. ANYWAYS was just wondering if anyone else tried it and wanted to know what everyone thought..I AM DESPERATE...I almost sent in my app for biggest loser thats how desperate I am..I need my life to CHANGE....I dont want to look back 20 years from now and wonder what happen and why it took me so long to get my act together. Ok enough blabbering..YEP I AM BACK...time for the long posts again!! Just like my girl sassy!!

Thanks chics...lata
  • Love and hugs to Judomom (Debbie) whose husband has lost his battle with cancer.

We love you, we are thinking of you.
    Heather x