April 2009 - Chick Chat

You're on Page 3 of 6
Go to
  • Hello everyone.
    Where the heck is the sunshine??Cloudy and cool here today.Hope everyone is having a nice week.Always busy here...3 boys running in 3 different directions.Although I love every minute of it.I know it helps me manage my depression symptoms.Busy, Busy...
  • Hmm... Slow day in here again.

I was off today. I slept in and then we went to breakfast. Later I went to see a friend of mine and her 8 month old son. I haven't been able to see him as much as I would like because I've been working so much. There just isn't enough time in the day. Speaking of...tomorrow is my last day at the tax office!

Harrismm, I find the busier I am the less the depression seems to bother me as well. I'm still ready NOT to be busy though.

Momof4, you doing ok? I'm kinda worried since we haven't seen you in a while.

Where are the rest you peeps?
  • I agree.Busy is good for my mood also.And...yes...mom of 4, where r u???
  • I'm getting ready for my last shift at my tax job. I'm supposed to work 12-6. I'm wondering if we'll be swamped and I'll have to stay later. Either way it's almost over. Yay. I have pool tonight after that. Check in tonight.

Have a great day everybody!
  • Yay Hope4me...no more taxes! I wish I had something cool and exciting to share but I've got nothin'! I'm just feeling kind of blah...Hope all the other chickies are okay especially momof4 we miss you!
  • Hopey - congrats on getting through official tax season!

I did my taxes last night, at about midnight... I have never filed at the last minute before.

Things are going ok here - busy busy. I'm eating better but I need to start exercising. I'm back in yoga which is such a help. I feel very Om and stretchy.

Gotta run.
  • Busy Busy!
    Hello Peeps!

Hey Mom! Have you been taking your meds? Forgetting? I am really sorry that you are feeling so low, you are a good Mom...trust us...we know these things! We hear the love you have for your children in every post that you make. Do me a favor? Check out www.radiantrecovery.com please... I am a sugar addict and it sounds like it is possible that you are as well, of course I can't tell for sure but what do you have to lose just by giving it a try... I have been doing the program for 9 months now and am off Prozac and doing really well. I still have wobbles when something will pull me off track slightly and then I end up being reminded why I am doing this and the inner addict that is always trying to lead me back to sugar. In fact, I am just coming off a wobble, I have 2 full days of back to basics eating and have finally gotten rid of them migraine that my withdrawal had given me. And I am finally getting to a place where I can start the balance of the calories I need to lose weight with the calories I need to manage my program. My dogwalking job has been picking up lately, that has really been my main exercise other than the stretching that I do on a daily basis and a few yoga poses. TOM has also been in town so that has been a challenge. I am doing well with the preemptive high dose Motrin for the first 3 days of my cycle. (Dr. finally said something helpful) Also, I am taking Evening Primrose Oil and that has kicked my hot flashes to the curb and I believe is helping with my fibroid pain. The maca root powder that I have been adding to my protein shake in the morning is giving me my mojo back and I couldn't be more thrilled about that either!!! I am off coffee, I didn't plan it but my body just all of a sudden decided that she didn't have any interest in it any more since I wasn't adding the creamer and sugar to it any more. Not to mention that it seems to set off my addict brain even with the SF version... So I have been drinking green tea with various herbal teas added to it. Other than burning my tongue (ouch!) it is really helping me to stay on program...not sure why...I just seem to find that when I neglect it I start wandering into finding the bad for me stuff. I am feeling really good today...I have my favorite dog to walk here in a bit...and I have him over the weekend as well... I have 3 walks to do tomorrow and I am going to see the new Jason Statham movie Crank High Voltage tomorrow... He is super delicious! (Everyone seen that new Tmobile commercial???) Anyway... I have to go get ready for work...and get my food going... just checking in everybody! Hope everyone feels better and more positive soon!!!

Raven
  • Raven -LOL!Funny story for you, In November I was in Vegas walking by Planet Hollywood and there were people everywhere.I kept thinking what is going on?I then saw a sign saying Jason Statham was coming for movie opening(Some race car movie??)Anyway I had no idea who he even was.So I stood there and was talking to a friend and all of a sudden I felt someone bump into me.....guess who?Jason Statham who I would not have recognized if I had not been told.Anyway, enjoy your movie.He was really cute!!
  • Morning chickies!

I'm tired, and looking forward to the weekend!!

Heather
  • Good Morning

Nice to see everyone

TGIF or what?

• Morning.WOW ITS BEAUTIFUL in the midwest.70 today.YEA!!!!!!!Hope you are all having a good Friday and great weather...where ever you are!!
  • Good Morning Chickies,

Hope everyone is enjoying this lovely day (well it is lovely here in NJ)...the sky is a beautiful blue with white fluffy clouds.

DD has skating lessons and soft ball practice today so thats where we'll be

Have a great day.
    Leenie
  • It's a beautiful day here in VA too. I think it's going to be in the upper 70's. Unfortunately I'm heading to work and closing so I'll get off around 9:30pm and miss it.

I had dinner with a friend last night. We grilled out and sat on her porch and talked. It was great just to relax and vent.

Hope you all have a great day today. Get out and enjoy it.
  • Good morning,
    Today is the only day I actually get to sleep in and what do you know I woke up at 6am and couldn't go back to sleep! I went ahead and got my workout in and I think I'm going to do a little shopping later today.

~V
  • Good Morning,

Happy Sunday to you all. Looks like the rain will be here shortly (darn). Not much going on today except church and then food shopping. I do have oodles of laundry that caught up on me oy.

Whats everyone up to today?