April 2009 - Chick Chat

You're on Page 2 of 6
Go to
  • Hi guys, I'm so tired! Thank goodness tomorrow is Wednesday. I'm upset at myself because I didn't really workout today and I Know I need to! I'm not a morning person but I guess I need to get up and get it over with because the whole working out after work plan isn't working for me! I finally stopped procrastinating and got my taxes done today.
    I hope everyone else is doing okay!
  • Yay! After today I only have one more day before tax season is over, and that is April 15th. I can't wait to have 2 days off a week. I will need to get another part time job but I'll wait at least a couple of weeks first.

Harrismm: How's the not-smoking going? It's got to be really tough. Hang in there.

Butterfly: I usually stay tired now. It's due to lack of exercise and poor eating. How are you feeling today? I'm not a morning person either but the times I have made myself get up and work out eventually makes getting up easier. Now if I had just kept it up...

I'll catch y'all later.
  • Hi everyone.Hope for me-Thanks for asking.3 days with no smoking.Yea for me.Feeling OK.I am looking at this a little differently this time.I would love to smoke because I like it-selfish.I have 3 wonderful kids that need me.I would never want them to see me with a chronic illness or even terminal illness.So unlike weight loss which I know I have to do for me, I am doing this for them.Hope everyone is having a good week.Weather is finally turing around in the midwest.
  • Harrismm, glad you are doing well and you're right, your family will be so grateful to you for your decision. One of my co-workers just found out about 3 weeks ago that his wife who smokes has lung cancer. He was so distraught, it was heartbreaking just watching him grieve over it. She is only 55.

Leenie, good to see you. I really miss your posts. How is the family? I bet you can't wait to get into the pool this summer.

Momof4: Where are you? Everything ok?
  • HI guys.4 days,no smoking.Yea.Feeling OK still.Made it through an argument with my mother today without lighting up.Big deal!!!Weather is still nice here.Spring is finally here in the midwest.Have a child being confirmed and a child graduating this year.Makes me sad.I will really miss my oldest.Hope you are all having a nice week.Friday is almost here.......
  • Hi Beautiful Ladies,

Work had been insane, just when I thought it might calm down its getting worse because of the company that wants or shall I say IS going to buy us out. Lots of people worried as you can imagine.

Hope

I just wanted to pop in and say Happy Easter and Happy PassOver

Leenie
  • Good Morning,

Looks like rain today. They said yesterday it was going to rain so we put bug killer on our lawn for the ticks (because there are sooo many) and it didn't rain oy vey !!!! hopefully today it will rain so that stuff soaks in.

Got lots to do today, clean, cook, and get my rump to the post office to mail my taxes... lol.

Whats everyone's day like?

• Hi ladies (wherever you are ),

Today I had to be at work at 6 am so I took a nap when I got off. We went out for pizza tonight and then went to the store. I'm one of the lucky who get to work tomorrow so I got some cupcakes and cookies for my coworkers. I coaxed one of the managers into ordering some ham biscuits and potato salad for everybody. It is Easter after all!

I thought about cooking a big dinner but I talked myself out of it since I'm not going to be home all day. Anybody else have any plans?

Leenie, we got some rain here in VA so hopefully it made it up to you too.

• HAPPY EASTER
  • Happy Easter Everyone!!

I hope you are all having a wonderful day.

Not much planned for us. Picked up a ham so that is an easy dinner.
    I haven't been up to much. Worked Friday and DdA is working both days this weekend, she should be good and bored today as I can't see many people stopping for A & W on an Easter Sunday, but who knows, its customer appreciation week and the Teen burgers are selling for $2.49 each so we have been making a lot of them.

Take care everyone,
    K
  • Happy Easter everyone!
    I had a good weekend, went to a zumba class yesterday at a church for Free! It was a bit of a challenge for my anxiety...I tend to worry incessantly that ppl are staring and thinking bad things about me whenever I go out, but luckily everyone was nice and I'm so glad I went because it was lots of fun.

Well I hope everyone enjoys those last Precious hours of the weekend!
  • Good Morning,

The sun is shinning That always has an impact on me.

Butterflygurl I'm glad you enjoyed your class at church and you were not uncomfortable. Church is one place that you should not feel that way

Hope did you wind up working Easter sunday as well?

Buddly ham is the best, so easy and tasty. I bought a Cooks spiral ham and was so dissapointed in the amount of fat it had. I bet I threw away 75% of the ham, it just grossed me out. I won't buy that brand anymore. Good thing I made a turkey breast b/c I did not have enough for the crowd.

Harrismm YEAH for you for not smoking. My DH used to smoke 2 packs a day and he went on that drug thats the same as welbutrin... oh poop the name escapes me... begins with a Z... anyway, that helped him ween off and then he made the decision to stop totally. That was 7 years ago If he can do it, I know you can.

Well girlies, have a wonderful week... ttys.

Heather

• Hi all - hope everyone had a nice Easter - I went away for the weekend and (as usual!) ate too much.

Still struggling with a lot emotionally, but hanging in there

Take care all -
    Heather
  • Hi everybody,

Leenie, yeah I pretty much work every weekend. In retail holidays are no exception. The ham biscuits were great though. We weren't very busy of course.

Heather, hate to hear you are still struggling but it's very understandible. Keep hanging in there.

Gotta run...