Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 11:05 PM   #61  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Good job Momof4!!
Old 03-15-2009, 06:05 PM   #62  
Starting Again

uhm, hello ?
Old 03-15-2009, 07:51 PM   #63  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hey Peeps, I hope you don't mind me saying hello. I have been here periodically (in the forum I mean) when I have needed it. I am feeling like I need it the last few days. The dark visitor has returned I am afraid.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:17 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Thighs-welcome back its been kinda quiet in here. I think winter brought depression therefore everyone is hiding and not in any mood to talk...LOL

hope-whats up hows things going for you?

Buddly-Hows your weather? You always seem to get the crappiest weather!!

I cant wait for it to get warmer cause then my children can go out and play YAAAA!! Ok it was an ok day TOM makes me want chocolate and makes me want to just eat and eat and eat...Its a good thing my body is in a pattern of eating so much at certain times of the day cause if I eat to much I feel ill... Ok nothing much going on here....catch you all lata!!
Old 03-15-2009, 11:36 PM   #65  
Starting Again

Still kinda slow in here huh?

I worked today and then watched a couple of movies at home when I got off. It was kinda relaxing. I can't believe it's bedtime already. The sluggishness I feel is getting to me. I know, I know, I've said it myself: I need to work out.

Welcome back Thighs Be Gone! Good to see you again. Sorry you are having a bout of depression. Any particular reason or just one of those mystery cases?

Mom: Yeah, tom and chocolate go hand in hand. It should almost be over though, right?
Old 03-16-2009, 12:15 AM   #66  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!
Just popping in.

It was a beautiful sunny day, even went above freezing! I sure hope this is a sign that spring is close at hand. I've had enough of winter. Got my exercise by going up on the roof and shoveling some of the snow off. Oh the joys of living in the north. Its DdC's spring break, to bad I still have to get DdA to the university, it would be nice to stay home and maybe get something done. Oh well.

Hope everyone is keeping well.
Take care,
K
Old 03-16-2009, 12:23 AM   #67  

Hey Hope & Mom. I think a mystery bout on the most part. I can't really put my finger on anything this time around. I am not medicated (have been in the past but gained lotsah weight) and try to do the natural route. I need to get serious again about my vitamin regimen and especially my fish oil. We have had rain and cold weather for several days which has kept me in. The no sunshine factor definitely doesn't help. On a scale of 1-10 I would say my depression now is 7.

My hubby was off on a trip with one of the kids this weekend and they arrived back today. He leaves again tomorrow on business which leaves me alone again. I don't say a word though--tricky economy now and the last thing he needs is me trying to lay a guilt trip on him. I am trying to make his life easier because he does the same thing for me. We have been battling flu here the last couple of weeks but it's gone now thank goodness. I didn't have it but both my children did. Hope you are both well.

I am picking up my water jug now and saying, "Toast, to having a good week."
Old 03-16-2009, 10:13 AM   #68  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

Hi everyone,
Blah, it's Monday. I've been feeling pretty down though I don't know exactly why. I just feel like laying in bed all day, and this week is Spring Break. I should be out of town partying with my friends or something. At least I have been eating pretty healthy and still losing weight, though I need to find some nrg and willpower to exercise
Old 03-16-2009, 10:40 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 196.0/194.0/140

Height: 5"2

Im the same but im not eating healty today...having a major sugur urge all day...crisps, choc be disgusted with myself tomorrow when im at my weigh in...ugh.......
Old 03-16-2009, 10:42 AM   #70  

I just wanted to stay in bed, but going to bed at 3 am probably did not help. I reallly really HATE the whole time change because until it I had gotten in a great routine of getting up at 8:30 every morning with the kids but now it doesnt work that way. When I get up I feel like the day is gone just bugs me.

Hope-Yeah not tooo many days left but it sucks that it has to be like that. its bad enough we have to deal with TOM let alone all the cravings...arggghh. I feel sluggish too so yeah but its kinda dreary looking out. It might be warm but it doesnt really look it!! I really just want to lay on the couch and watch some movies....BUT I have the boys school, cleaning up from the weekend!!

Buddly-Snow off the roof??? You are crazy I wouldnt get up there...I know you probably had to but yeah I woulda roped someone else into it. You def. get a lot of snow. Pa gets snow but you ALWAYS seem to have snow! Have fun!

Thighs-What vitamins do you use to fight it naturally? What is the fish oil. I am medicated but I am sure any vitamins that I could take would help. I did finally start taking a one d day vitamin. It really sucks when your alone. My dh used to work two or three nights a week..2pm-1am and I totally HATED it. Now that he is general manager he only has to do 2 nights every 5 weeks!! So its not as awful as before. I always dreaded when he worked nights cause I felt like it made me more depressed. I wouldnt even do a bedtime I just left the kids crash wherever when ever!! I guess hang in there. To bad you didnt have someone that could come over once in a while so you wouldnt be so lonely!

Butterfly-that sucks but I totally would love to stay in bed too!! You should be having fun though (clean fun...LOL) Cause years down the road your gonna wish you had done more. Are you on any medication?

Ok well gonna go see if I can motivate myself to do something!! Catch you all lata
Old 03-16-2009, 08:18 PM   #71  
Less chow for more wow!

Hello all! I'm new to 3FC and so far have liked what I see and read. I enjoyed reading this thread so far and feel like I'm getting to know everyone.

Thighs be gone - So sorry to hear things are dark. I just came out of my own spat of it. It's no fun. That's wonderful that you do things naturally. My mil is a big proponent of holistic health, but I'm fairly dependent on my meds.

Mom of 4 - Wow! You're the first PA person I've seen on here so far - I'm south central - near the MD line.

Buddly - A co-worker's hubby was just in BC last week on a ski trip and said it is one of the most beautiful places he's ever seen. I'll have to get the name of the town. I don't envy you your weather, but I would love to travel through your area someday.

So...that's about it I think...just a HELLO! and hope to talk to you all everyday to keep my spirits up and my weight down!
Old 03-16-2009, 10:20 PM   #72  
Starting Again

hi ladies,

Welcome BoJo! Look forward to getting to know you. I couldn't live without some medication. I'm on celexa now.

It's been rainy here all day and for the last few days. I don't mind though. I like a dreary day for some reason. I figured out today that my car inspection ran out in February so I guess I need to get up and take it in before I get to the tax office.

Hugs to everyone who's feeling down and having all the cravings.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:02 PM   #73  

BoJo-as soon as I looked at your info on the side I was like PA!!!! I am in central Pa around Penn State area!! Ya me...lol....Welcome to the chat!!

Hope-I love dreary days too but not when I have to get stuff done cause then its a battle with myself. But I truly had a dreary day and didn't do much and didn't track what I ate. I dont really feel bad because I have done really well for two weeks so I just will have to put forth a little effort tomorrow and get done what I didnt today. I keep forgetting that if I eat too many calories thats not the end of the world cause I can just go excercise and work some of them off...LOL

Ok well I got new home phones today!!! We have had ours for like 4 years and one has been rough for a while. The other one today I would answer I could hear them but they couldnt hear me. So we broke down and bought some new ones!! They are nice!!!

have a good night everyone!!

Last edited by momof4under5; 03-16-2009 at 11:02 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:51 AM   #74  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone,

Welcome Bojo, looking forward to getting to know you better. I wouldn't be surprised if your hubby's co-worker was skiing in Whistler, its much closer to Vancouver than we are. And it is beautiful.

momof4 I hope you are getting some sleep tonight, it sure does help make things manageable. We had to buy a new phone not to long ago, hubby signed us up for caller ID and we figured since we have that we better get a phone that uses it. Unfortunately I don't really like this one.

hope I can enjoy some rainy days in the summer, but I'm afraid I need the sunshine. Thankfully we had some sun today.

A big Hello to everyone else!

Went into town and visited with my mom while DdA was at the university. I caught another cold and am terribly stuffed up, hoping it doesn't last long. Nothing exciting foing on here. Just impatiently waiting for spring.

Take care everyone,
K
Old 03-17-2009, 12:57 AM   #75  

momof4--fish oil and vitamin D most definitely (unless you are in the sun a lot naturally)..also, I use flaxseed daily which is high in Omega 3's..I have been on Zoloft in the past but haven't taken it in five years now..I would go back on it if my depression never relented..but I have my bouts (I would say moderate ones) that last a few weeks and then I am usually okay for a couple of months..I have found some self-medicating that works for me somewhat--like the vitamins, the sunshine, exercise and knowing when I need to be alone and not feeling guilty for that anymore...

You know I always hear other people say that withdrawing from others makes it worse..while I understand the comment, I find sometimes I just need to be alone..sometimes I literally need to remove myself from any stressors whatsoever and having to deal with people stresses me when I am even feeling borderline much less depressed..

..You know I remember reading here a few weeks back how anxiety happens for many before the depression sets in...I had never considered that before but in my case it is very true...I am very fortunate in that I am able to remove myself pretty easily from most situations since I don't work outside my home..I have thought about returning to work this next year but am concerned it will be too much for me...if I end up mentally unfit because of it, I don't know that it will be worth it in the longrun..

Bojo--thank you..!

Have a good evening ladies. Thank you for listening to me. It makes me feel a wee bit better knowing you are all here.

I have some playdates arranged for my kids tomorrow and they are with really good people to be with. I did manage to take them out to the park today and to get some new books from the library. When is spring break over? LOL.

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 03-17-2009 at 01:02 AM.
Closed Thread