3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   March 2009 ~ Chick Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/165713-march-2009-%7E-chick-chat.html)

mimzy 03-17-2009 04:58 AM

Hello :wave:

Hope you're all well, I've got a bit of catching up to do but will read through all the posts when my head clears... (I've got this flu thing and the words seem to be dancing about, the white page is totally dazzling me)

BoJo, welcome :)

Ok, going to go try and revive my aching bones with a hot bath before I face the cruel cold outdoors... I have a feeling it's going to be a long day.

Have a good day everyone :hug:

Leenie 03-17-2009 06:47 AM

:luck2you: Happy St. Patty's Day :luck2you:

momof4under5 03-17-2009 10:55 AM

Hi all still a dreary day out here but I am gonna go to my mom's house. My 4 year old stayed there the last two nights and my 6 year old "sure misses him". I haven't been down there in a while so I figured I could take the kids down. So my 6 year old is finishing his school then we are gonna go...Catch you all lata!!

BoJo 03-17-2009 05:48 PM

Hi all - Did the work thing and now I'm eating some veggies for dinner and then hitting the treadmill.

I've just started exercising again so its only a 30 minute time slot on the treadmill, but still...I am just not an exercise person. Never have been. Didn't do sports that much in school - love to hike, but not the rock climbing and mountaineering type stuff, just the looking at nature and enjoying myself kind.

Oh well, gotta adopt the mantra of the lemurs in the movie Madagascar movie "You got to move it, move it. I like to move it, move it. You like to move it, move it..." You get the idea.

:tread:

hope4me 03-18-2009 01:52 PM

OMG! I actually have a little time to myself today home alone and I just realized how dirty my house is! I've been working everyday and gone and I thought it was a little cluttered but jeez... I don't know where to start. Check in later when I've done something.

butterflygurl 03-18-2009 05:59 PM

I hope everyone had a nice St Patricks day...I forgot and wasn't wearing green so I got a few pinches! :(

Momof4 you are absolutely right, I'm already looking back at my life and thinking about how much time I waste because of my disorder and depression. I've been taking zoloft for a little over a month and my doc just increased the dosage so hopefully that willl help

Bojo I'm with you on the fun, relaxing hikes! 'I like to move it' is one of my workout songs! :) I still haven't found a workout that I love yet so I keep switching it up to stay motivated. I'm trying to save up enough cash to get a wii system so I can do the wii fit.

Hope4me I'm glad you are having a bit of time to yourself-I'm with you on the cleaning. My closets are so messy and unorganized I could probably get a workout in just trying to straighten everything up..

Lots of hugs and hellos to everyone else. I can't believe this is happening especially during Spring Break, but I think I'm getting sick. I'm going to get some rest, ttyl

Thighs Be Gone 03-18-2009 06:39 PM

Hi Everyone...bad day yesterday stress wise but I am better today..straightening up the house some because hubby is coming back tonight..hope all of you are well..

Momof4, I can look at my life too and think about the wasted time because of this illness, I just want to embrace life and enjoy each and every ounce I can of it..

BoJo 03-18-2009 08:27 PM

Hey all - just wanted to say hi and then I'm off to a hot bath. Loooonnnnggg day and I'm ready to drop!

momof4under5 03-18-2009 11:30 PM

Hey girls...what a day!!! I did soo awful on my plan yesterday so I though I needed to do some extra stuff today. I got school done and got all the kids dressed. Loaded the girls up in the double stroller and off we went. Man I am not in shape at ALL!! about two blocks down my calves were burning. The double stroller I have is like a tractor and trailer it is like 7 years old. I am thankful for it because it keeps my girls from running off and gives me even more of a work out. So I figured if I walk a block more every few days that will help increase my workout!! I was nice...The kids loved it I felt great. Something other than sitting in the house. I wish I did it every day...I am hoping it stays warm so I can do it more!! Did ok on eating!!

MY foster daughter and I got in an disagreement. My husband has been into cooking and wanting to cook all this stuff and I told him no because if it is in the house I eat it. I am not far enough into this to be like ok eat cakes and candy in front of me I dont want it. I dont want it but I dont always have the control to not do it. So I told him no I desperately need to lose weight and am motivated so baking all kinds of stuff is NOT helping. Its like taking and former alcholic whos only been sober for a few weeks and put them in a bar. That is setting them up to fail. WELLL ANYWAY.....i was like NO your not making them and she was like its called control and I was like DONT even start because you have NONE...she was like well I am not the one on the diet...and I said well you should be. I never make fun of her weight I try to cut her portions and not just let her clean out all the stuff on the supper table. She is 15 and almost 200 lbs. Its because she dont care and just eats eats and eats. They sent the paper home from school that I have to take to the dr because shes over weight.

So anyways I am gonna go the baby is crying I will catch up lata

Sassy_Chick 03-19-2009 12:26 AM

Hola.

Hola.

I'm still here. Barely. :yawn: lol. TG its MY Friday! :woohoo: Its been bea-utiful :sunny: here, only when I am at work or sleeping. Then when I am off it gets colder. GRRRR. Guess that is how it goes though, right?

Unpacking is going well, slow. But I guess it will get done eventually.......DH's Aunt is in the hospital in intesive care and is not doing well. So we are just praying that she pulls through. Her vains keep collasping and they can't get a needle in so they are putting in a SWAN.........:(

Hi to everybody!! I hope your all well!!! :wave:

:hug:

mimzy 03-19-2009 03:23 AM

Hello, having a panic moment here :(

I'm really nervous... I've finally got up the courage to make an appointment with my doctor to see if I can get any help with my depression. In my past I was locked up in a psychiatric hospital for almost a year and force fed meds that gave me fits. When I got out I swore I would cope on my own no matter what rather than risk that again but now I'm just not doing very well at all.

I'm so worried about the whole thing I feel sick, I'm not worried I'll end up in hospital again, no doubt they had their reasons back then. But I just don't know what I'm going to say, don't really know how to ask for help... and am also thinking they'll just think I'm trying to "pull a sickie" and that there's nothing wrong with me...after all, depression isn't something you can prove with a blood test or anything.

Sometimes I really wish life was something you can just opt out of. I don't see the point of trying so hard the whole time, for what... to exist. Apologies for putting the negatives out there but of all places this is probably the one where people will know what I mean.

Take care everybody

BoJo 03-19-2009 07:41 AM

Oh mimzy, I know exactly how you feel. Some days you just want to go to sleep and not bother getting up. I've been there more times than I can count. I wish I could be there (even though we don't really know each other - the depression is such a strong link when you find someone else that feels the way you do) to help you through this time. You poor soul.

Try to think of 3 things to be grateful for. For me today it is the clear morning, my son's positive attitude while going to school (I think that's the first time in his entire educational career - ha ha) and lastly, it's THURSDAY! One more day to the weekend!

When you go to the doctor just be as honest as you can. It's best to tell him, if you trust him/her, anything that could help them get you the appropriate help you need.

:hug:

momof4under5 03-19-2009 11:07 PM

awww mimzy...it is hard and it sucks when you feel like you will never get out of it.
I had my dr appt today. I just flat out asked him if we could add a small dosage of lexapro for my moods. I said my energy has been up and dont want to just sleep all the time but its like I am never happy I am always ticked off about something even when there is nothing to be ticked off about. Lexapro worked great for my moods before just made me more sleepy. So hopefully the wellbutrin will over ride the sleepiness. Every time I have taken Lexapro I can feel it later the day I take it. Like right now I am just peacefull not ready to knock peoples head of. I am just happy....I dont know whatever it takes. I remember before I got on meds I fought it because I thought it was a bad thing to do but I am glad now I am taking them.
I busted my teenage fosterdd smoking before school. I went and sat in the parking lot and watched for her....yeah....they still are like how did you know. I am like remember i know most everything...LOL..Her friends are like shes stalking you...shes like NO shes like a mom detective...she knows everything...LOL Ok well catch you all lata

harrismm 03-19-2009 11:40 PM

Momof4-Teenagers....yikes.Funny story you will enjoy I bet.I have an 18 year old who we bought a car for 2 years ago with strict rules that he was only one to ever drive it.Well, one day I was driving home for lunch and saw him coming towards me on his lunch hour from school.he passes me and I see him......in the passenger seat.So, I called his cell and he answered.I asked him what he was doing and he said going to McDonalds for lunch.I told him to pull the car over, get in the drivers seat and to drive home immediately and park the car for a month.He paused and asked "Mom...........where are you?"I replied............."Dude, I am everywhere".Now with 2 teenagers and 1 preteen and have many more stories.But just wanted you to know I feel your pain.

momof4under5 03-20-2009 08:27 AM

harrismm-that is awesome!!! I think teens underestimate us because we are "older" LOL.

Yeah I took my lexapro when I got home last night at like 6 and I could not sleep. I was completely exhausted my eyes burnt but my brain would not shut down. I tried my music cause it usually helps and it didn't I laid in bed from 12:30-3:30. I was too tired to go do anything else but I couldnt sleep. It would have been ok I could have slept in but my foster dd called and was like your gonna be mad. I was like what...shes like my shoes broke can you bring me another pair. I was like are you kidding me.....So I had to get up and go get her a pair!!!

Ok well thats about it.....Extremely COLD today with snow flurries.

ttyl