Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2002, 02:33 PM   #1  

Default I'm new here too.

I'm a stay-at-home mom (5 yr old, 6 month old) and it seems like by the time I take care of husband, kids, and house.... there is nothing left for me! My eating has gotten way out of control and it's really kinda scary. I have 55 lbs to lose, but I can see myself looking back in a few years with 155 lbs to lose! I have to get a grip now.

I think I eat because I'm not getting all that I think I need from my life. My husband is a workaholic and I hardly ever see him and when I do I don't if you get my drift. Thefefore, all my conversations are with a 5 year old! May family lives 2 and 4 hours away so we just talk on the phone from time to time so I need adult input!

This week I pulled out some old video tapes of myself (martial arts belt tests) in hopes it would motivate me to help myself. I think it helped. Al this week I have incorporated 30 minutes of excercise into my day. I've only cut back on my eating a hair so I have a lot of work to do in that area.

Any of you have any suggestions out there????

Thanks for your time!
Old 04-26-2002, 02:46 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Me2u,

And welcome !

Boy for a minute there I thought I was reading my own story
I work full time, have one little one, 8 months old and hubby who's a workahalic (yup I get the drift). And yes I feel like there is no time for me, not even to think, but I was heavy before I had the baby so I don't have that as an excuse, I've been fat my entire life.

I would love to be able to say the magic words to you to help you but I still can't figure them out not even for myself, I'm still having a hard time staying on any diet even for 1 day. I am going to do some heavy meditating this weekend when the baby naps and hubby is at work and try to figure out whats stopping me. Maybe something will snap lol. Listen to me OY !!!

Anyway, I think posting here and meeting some new friends to help support you and talk (they have chat here, I think its mostly at night but sometimes during the day).

I see you've lost 100 lbs.......WOOOOOOW YOU GO GIRL !!! Thats so awesome - Congratulations.

I lost 150 lbs 14 years ago and the past 4 years put back on 70+. Boy I hear yah sis !

I guess just hang with us and maybe we can help. There are lots of boards here, maybe you need to just locate the right one ? Hope to hear from you soon.

Love, Leens
Okay did any of that make sense (brain fart ~~)
Old 04-26-2002, 02:52 PM   #3  

Default Oops

Thanks Leens for the pep talk and the big congrats, but I think there was a misunderstanding! I wish I could say I have had the accomplishment of losing 100 lbs, but it didn't happen. What I ment was I have 55 lbs to lose now but if I keep going like I'm going now in two or three years I'll have 155 lbs to lose and that scares me!

I'll keep posting and looking around for some forums that will help, and thanks for taking the time to reply! Have a good day.
Old 04-26-2002, 03:12 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Anytime Me2u, I do understand about the 55 and gaining, thats what I keep saying to myself I have to lose 70+ and counting cause its for sure going up.

Good luck !!!
Love, Leens
Closed Thread