Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 12-13-2008, 06:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/162/130

Height: 5'6

Default Info needed: celexa

I've just recently started taking generic celexa. I've been on it for about 3 months now and I was wondering if anyone else out there has experienced any of the side effects I have been having.
Shortly after I started taking it I began have rapid and extreme shifts in my mood that weren't related to anything going on around me. I sometimes start to feel randomly euphoric and giddy and laugh at everything, and 5-10 minutes later I will be crying about something rather irrelevant.
The only good thing this drug seems to have done for me is get rid of my suicidal thoughts, which makes it worth it to me to keep taking it. But these mood swings make it really hard to stick to anything or use will power, so my diet has taken a nosedive and my weight is creeping up. I was wondering if anyone else has been through this and has any solutions or advice?
figureskater546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 07:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 294/see ticker/190

Height: 6ft 0.5 inches

you need to speak to your doctor about the side effects. after 3 months they should have worn off (it's very common for most anti-depressants to cause mood changes or even suicidal thoughts).

speak to your dr who should probably recommend new medication. any side effect that causes you to struggle more is not worth it.

i had the same with many different ad's (not celexa) and it's best to just be honest and say that you dont think it's working. hugs
anastasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/162/130

Height: 5'6

thats what I was wondering, I didnt know whether this was normal or not. sounds like i should get back to the doctor. thanks for the advice, really appreciate it!
figureskater546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 294/see ticker/190

Height: 6ft 0.5 inches

most side effects last a matter of weeks not months. if anything ever concerns you then you should always speak to your dr
anastasia is offline   Reply With Quote