3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   Do you ever wish? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/155383-do-you-ever-wish.html)

puppytoes 11-01-2008 01:05 AM

Do you ever wish?

That you could have therapy over the phone instead of in person? I do.
I also have Anxiety disorder so when I leave the therapist I get all anxed out about driving home because sometimes I am upset and have that chatter in my brain trying to process everything that was covered, etc. etc. and its hard to concentrate.

Some days...probably on days I need therapy the most, I just dont feel like crawling outta bed or putting on makeup or leaving the house.
Anyways.......Its a nice thought! lol

Ufi 11-01-2008 11:48 AM

Hey, I read an article in the newspaper about this a few weeks ago. Some study found that people are more likely to stick with therapy if they have a telephone option.

Spoz 11-01-2008 12:31 PM

Me too I have anxiety and depression, so on days when I feel like I need to talk I also feel nervous about going. And because of my anxiety lately affecting my leaving the house I'm not very comfortable actually talking to anybody - therapist included.

You're not alone! :)

puppytoes 11-01-2008 03:56 PM

I wish they would make it a standard option, I know I would participate alot more if they did.
Thanks for your input!

karenann33 11-01-2008 06:46 PM

My therapist will do phone counseling. I prefer to go in but she's offered to do it by phone if that helped my schedule with kids and such.

campbellredhead 11-01-2008 11:07 PM

My Therapists and Psychiatrists office mentioned to me to talk to my insurance company about phone appointments. The Dr.s office charges less,
and the copay can often be less. I guess with the economy going the way it has..ya know

wantingtolose 11-06-2008 05:00 PM

I would do that if i liked talking on the phone (i have serious phone anxiety). I would love an instant message/chat appointment though. Probably wouldn't help much, but it would be great for the days when i just can't fathom leaving the house, getting dressed , gettting makeup on etc.

Thighs Be Gone 11-06-2008 05:10 PM

I get therapy on the phone all the time--but it's with my adoptive mom!

ellis 11-12-2008 09:34 PM

It is a nice thought! :lol: I'm like Wantingtolose, though. I HATE the phone. I'd go without one if I could.
I must say, making the effort to clean up, dress half-decently, and drive to see my therapist sure puts a damper on my depression. :rolleyes: I mean, if he could see what a terrible state I'm in at home, he'd really "get" how depressed I can be. But I automatically put on my happy face before I leave the house. :shrug:

wantingtolose 11-12-2008 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellis (Post 2450567)
It is a nice thought! :lol: I'm like Wantingtolose, though. I HATE the phone. I'd go without one if I could.
I must say, making the effort to clean up, dress half-decently, and drive to see my therapist sure puts a damper on my depression. :rolleyes: I mean, if he could see what a terrible state I'm in at home, he'd really "get" how depressed I can be. But I automatically put on my happy face before I leave the house. :shrug:

Yeah, i put on the happy face too. It's habit if i'm leaving the house. I can't go out if i'm a bawling, unshowered mess. At least if she could see my at home state she'd realize that my outsides match my insides most the time. At appointments i have to remember not to "act" happy, i almost have to force myself to act as sad as i feel because like i said before, its habit to be presentable.

Lipgloss 11-14-2008 08:32 AM

I also feel like this every day, I suffer from deppression and anxiety too,
My house is a tip, I have been in my pjs for weeks now(I do manage to shower and change them though) but, i just have no energy at all to do anything, I feel like a total failure and useless.
My curtains are constantly shut, my doors are locked and i wont answr the telephone, I only answer my mobile if its my hubby, I am aslo very desprate and have no will to live at the min. Its soooo sad but very true.
If people could see me now. I too,, when i manage to got out hide behind a face made up of make-up and its all a front, you put a smile on just for other people but its all a sham.

ellis 11-14-2008 08:37 AM

Mimijojo, I'm just heading out the door, but wanted to send you a big hug. :hug: Hang in there, girl, and don't hesitate to ask for help, okay? You may feel worthless at the moment, but there are a lot of people who really care about you.

Lipgloss 11-14-2008 08:47 AM

Ellis, Thankyou so much for your kind words I am now actually having a good cry and feel like I don't deserve any sympathy from anyone, I wish all this would go away. I hate myself so much and even writing this I feel like a right freak.
I'm so sorry.

ellis 11-14-2008 08:54 AM

Hon, don't you apologize, hear me? You're not a freak, and you're not alone. I (and many others here) have been there many a time. Have a good cry, but remember that this feeling will pass. That's something I always forget when I'm depressed. It feels like "the end". But it's not. It will get better.
I wish I could be there to knock down your door and give you a big hug and take you out in the fresh air.
After you have a good cry, take a deep breath and think, "Okay, I'm done with that for now. I can cry again later if I want to, but what small thing can I do for myself right now that will make me feel better?" Even if it's getting dressed or making your bed or taking a bubble bath. Do something to change the routine you're in right now. I'm not saying it will be "the cure", but it will help.

I've got to take my mom out shopping, but I will be back later today.
I don't know you, but I "know" you, and I'm sending you much love and many prayers. Be good to yourself... you ARE worth it. :hug:

Lipgloss 11-14-2008 09:42 AM

Ellis
Thank you so much. Your are such a nice person and really do know how i feel, I hate this feeling I have and changing medication is a nightmare.
I do have my highs and I do have my lows and right now I am right at the bottom, and the only thing keeping me going is the fact I have 2 wonderfull kids, My brilliant husband and my pets. I couldn't leave them behind and leave them with grief. That would be so selfish of me.
I do feel a little better for having that little cry and my Hubby gave me a big hug, and as he did I was thinking of you. Thanks X
I am gonna look forward and tommorrow I see the consultant for my Op. (Which) I know will be a Life time commitment which is well due for me.
Thank you again for your support it really does mean a great deal to me so Thankyou very much. Hugs to you. x