3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   Weekly Chat COME JOIN US!!! October 13th - 19th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/153925-weekly-chat-come-join-us-october-13th-19th.html)

Sassy_Chick 10-13-2008 03:52 AM

Weekly Chat COME JOIN US!!! October 13th - 19th

Hola and :welcome: to another week!!!

Well October is half done already! Time is just flyin' by! :witch:

Please Come and Join Us!!! We :welcome2: EVERYBODY!!! :D

Sassy_Chick 10-13-2008 03:53 AM

BUDDLY's Post from Last Week's Thread:

From Last Week's Thread:

Posted by Buddly:

Hello all
After I woke up at 6:20am I actually fell back to sleep until after 10 this morning and then in the afternoon I put my head down on the kitchen table and I guess I fell asleep as my hubby had been on the comp playing games, but when I lifted my head he had the potatoes all peeled and in the pot and most of the brussel sprouts prepared. I guess the last few days that I've been really stressing and not sleeping finally caught up to me. Thankfully I sort of feel human again. Now if I could get the pain in my lower back to go away all would be really good.
We had our thanksgiving turkey dinner tonight. My mom and sister came out as well. And oddly enough I didn't over do it for a change. I wanted to, but after the first go around I was so stuffed. And I only had a little sliver of mincemeat pie instead of a piece of each. I really do like this wellbutrin for the control. I've lost 14 lbs since I started it.
Anyway I should go shower and get ready for bed, just wanted to pop in and say Hi while I'm feeling a little more positive than I have been.

Sassy hope work goes smoothly for you tonight.

jerzy good luck with the unpacking. Its such a pain, but company is a great motivator. Hope you are feeling better. Congrats on going for a run. I sort of wish I had gone out for a walk as there was actually a little sun today.

Heather good to see you!!

to all.

Well take care,
K

JudoMom 10-13-2008 10:32 AM

Good morning everyone,

Just got off the scale and did my measurements. Have only lost 1/2 pound this past week despite being on program faithfully. However, I did my measurements and they have changed, so something must still be clicking. Still, it's disappointing to not see that scale budge much.

My goal this week is to buy an exercise ball (I use it for back and core strengthening exercises) and some handweights. I had intended to do that last week, but never make it home from work in time to get to the store I'm buying them from.

I did go to the bra fitters on Wed., and am down a cup size and around the ribs. It's a pretty one, but man those places are expensive. I've found the same bra online now, and cheaper, but I need the fitting so I get the right size. It makes such a HUGE difference!

It's been gloomy and rainy and ick for days now. Winter is for sure on its way. We were just over the border for the weekend and there was snow in Minot when we woke up yesterday morning. I realized on the drive home yesterday that I hadn't started using my SADelite yet. I will do that later today for sure. Already have it pulled out.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend, and for all of us Canadians, Happy Thanksgiving!

momof4under5 10-13-2008 10:48 AM

sassy i am really confused??WHy did you tell yourself You hope work goes smoothly for you???I was like wait I thought I was reading sassy's post?? You like messing with peoples heads dont you?? I also like the wellbutrin cause it does help with control but it just keeps me up way late...ok well I wanna get my sons school done now so I dont have to worry about it the rest of the morning...ok lata

Sassy_Chick 10-13-2008 12:07 PM

Momof4: that is Buddly's post from last week, if you look at the top of the message. I put it in bold red letters and took off my signature, so now hopefully there won't be any more confusion! lol.

Sassy_Chick 10-13-2008 09:13 PM

Well DH started his new job yesterday. He liked it. Just made me feel like I am just beating my head against a brick wall though. He told me what some of the other positions there start at and it is A LOT more than what I am making here. :( What really depresses me is my new coworker? Only makes 8 CENTS less than me! :yikes: I have been here 3 years! Well it will be next month. So what is the point of me working all these crazy @$$ hrs?? So I will be applying to the hospital. Its totally ridiculous. I feel like I have wasted my time and money. I went to college and got TWO college degrees to work here? I went into debt for this job? When my new coworker makes 8 cents less then I do and does not have any college degrees!

It makes me really really sick. :barf: I didn't even wanna come into work tonight, not only because of that, but because also I still don't feel that great, but I am here..........I dunno why though honestly. :(

I dunno I am just really really depressed right now.........:kickcan:

Spoz 10-14-2008 03:36 AM

I'm not doing great. I just want to stay in bed. My friends have tried to get in touch but I've cut off all my phones and e-mail accounts because right now the only person I can bear to be around is my mum. I'm so glad I have her and she is taking me away next weekend to clear my head but I feel guilty about totally leaving my friends.

Anyway, just dropping in.

Buddly, Heather, Hope - hope you're all doing good and sassy I hope you feel better soon too :hug:

Leenie 10-14-2008 09:21 AM

:wave:

momof4under5 10-14-2008 01:42 PM

OUch sassy...you told me didn't you....LOL....Yeah if I were you I would def. Apply at the hosiptal. That is just crazy that you have a degree and she doesnt and theres not much difference in the money.....argghhhh

well I am having a rough day....not sure whats made it rough but it is....so I am going to go...taking everything in me to be patient with my kids....ok lata

iriswhispers 10-14-2008 01:48 PM

:hug: to spoz, sassy and mof4 - and everyone who's struggling right now. I am, too... I've been spending a lot of time in bed because I just don't want to get up and have to deal with life. People's general reaction to my staying in bed is "that's great, relax and catch up on some sleep," but they don't get that when I'm doing this it's because i'm really DEPRESSED.

I HATE getting up and having to get dressed because nothing fits me anymore and I can't bear going out in public. I just bought a new pair of pants from target because I need pants that aren't painful.

Spoz 10-14-2008 01:51 PM

Iris.. i hear you loud and clear. I sat in bed, stuffed my face all day went to gym because i had a tiny burst of inspiration or motivation...i dont know. Then I came home and started stuffing my face again. Everybody is being nice to me because they think I'm feeling a bit low, when in Gods truth I just want to go sleep and not wake up.

We'll get there.. just takes time I guess :hug:

hope4me 10-14-2008 04:52 PM

Ditto Iris. :o

I have pool in a couple of hours and I REALLY hate the thought of being seen in public tonight. Nothing fits (at least without all the rolls showing), and it's HOT again. I hate hot weather b/c I can't dress appropriately so I'm burning up.

I skipped class today because I just didn't want to go. I'm going to have to catch up before thursday am. Yes, I'm whining.

Heather, so good to see you. Please keep posting.

Sassy, I hear you about being underpaid for your education level. I'm in the same boat believe me.

Spoz, try not to isolate too much. It has never paid off for me. At least let your friends know what is going on before you disappear and then ask them for space. There will come a time when you need them again and feel good enough to be around them.

Hugs to all who need it. :hug:

jerzygal 10-14-2008 06:07 PM

Well, it's the season for depression. (At least that's the trend I've seen with my cousin who is bipolar and memoirs I've read.)

Every morning I wake up hoping I'm sick so I won't have to go to school. I had a bout of shingles recently and though it was agonizing, I loved the excuse not to have to go to work or wash my hair.

I'm not feeling depressed necessarily (prob. the meds!), but am incredibly lonely. I can't stop thinking about it. More than ever before and I am getting lost in books and t.v. shows fantasizing what relationships might come for me one day.

I wish I was someone who lost my appetite when feeling sad!

Sassy_Chick 10-14-2008 09:04 PM

Hello from the "sickie" lol

Hi Peeps.

Well I am officially sick. :barf: Woke up sick + a low-grade fever, about 100 or so.......I was just gonna go to work, but DH kinda "put his foot down" and said its best for me to stay at home........:( I feel really guilty about calling off, but I suppose I did the right thing? :shrug:

Anyways, I plan on calling the dr in the am, just so I can get in, in case this thing doesn't pass, ya know? Plus doesn't hurt to have a drs excuse.......;)

I plan on applying for some jobs. I wanted to wait until DH got a job and all of that, so I am at least going to begin the search. I kinda wanted to hold out until DH's 90 days are up, but with this economy, I dunno.......and the medical field is about the only secure place to be right now.......and DH says they are hiring at the hospital.........so we shall see. I just think it is time for me to move on. I really do love the people I work with, truly I do and the work is not bad and my boss is pretty good too, but I just think its time for me, otherwise I am going to end up being there until I am 80. :lol:

Its that "comfort zone" thing, but I know I can still talk too and hang out with the girls from work if I leave.........it just will be really tough cuz I have made some really good friends. :cry: And my coworker talked to my DH lastnight when I was talking to him on my break, and she told him, "please don't take her away from me......." :( lol. (he wants me to apply at the hospital) He told her to come with me, but she doesn't want to go into the medical field, even if its only a receptionist or whatever.......now my other coworker and friend would definitely come with me, esp after I told her how much they make, plus she has exp. with that too. ;)

Well I am rambling, maybe its the fever but then again, you know me.........I think I could be on my death bed dying and I'd still be rambling on for days........lol.....:blah: :blah: :blah:

Take Care Everybody and sorry I didn't do indies! :(

Love this one:

http://dl2.glitter-graphics.net/pub/...utzxqqz72r.gif :lol:

:hug:

iriswhispers 10-14-2008 10:07 PM

sassy, i hope you feel better soon!

and everyone else... man we all need some kind pick-me-up! I don't even know what I need right now. A nice night in with the girls. Except there are no "girls," I don't have a group of friends like that.

jerzygal to be honest I often wish I was sick so I'd have a legit excuse to just stay in bed - so sassy some of us are actually jealous of your fever!