Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-16-2008, 10:28 PM   #16  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Height: 5'3"

I"m on Wellbutrin for anxiety with a side effect that helps with the depression. Was on Celexa some years back for the depression and gained weight ... lots, in a short period in spite of religiously following WW. Wellbutrin gave me a wonky tummy for the first few weeks and some rather vivid dreams, but I've been on it for 15 months now and wish I had been on it years ago!!
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:44 PM   #17  
Pam9397

S/C/G: 200/200/165

Height: 5'10

Hi Everyone,
I am new to 3 Fat Chicks and thought this would be a good place to jump in. I took Paxil for about 5 years. I gained about 40 pounds in that period of time. It really worked well for me otherwise. I thought I was feeling better and was weaned off. About 1 year later I was back to square one with anxiety, depression and ocd. My doctor put me on Effexor XR and so far so good. Only minus is that I have gained weight again. Also, just started WW meetings yesterday so hopefully it will help.

Sorry to ramble. Have a great night everyone.
Pam9397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:43 PM   #18  
Pam9397

S/C/G: 200/200/165

Height: 5'10

OMG, I posted on the wrong thread. Sorry guys.
Pam9397 is offline   Reply With Quote