Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2002, 05:30 PM   #1  

Default New to this thread

Hello Everyone
I am new to this thread but not new to the 3FC site or new to depression..I have been diaganoised as manic depressive (I think it is called bi polar as well) I have been on Prozac & Zoloft and now I am on Celexa.. Weight is one of my issues that bring me to the deep depression their are many issues that send me reeling.. For a long time I have been afraid to mention to anyone that I have been dealing with this.. Of course my family knows but my DH doesnt understand why I cant just get over it..My mom is the same way.. I have two children as well ages 12 and 4 years.. I do beleive my weight isnt coming off as easy as some due to how I feel about myself and how others may think of me.. (yup I have that on my mind everytime I step outside) I TRY not to think that way but it is hard.. I currently weigh 262 and I am 5'6" tall. I once was down to 228 . I also have asthma which doesnt help things.. I forget to do my inhalers sometimes I guess I just want to hope to wake up and find out I am a size 6 and all this bad stuff has been a night mare..
Anyway Thanks for listening And THANKS for starting this new forum
Take Care Sheila
Old 03-18-2002, 05:35 PM   #2  

Default Welcome Sheila

So glad you found this forum. I agree, I am very thankful for Suzanne starting this.

I, too, would like to wake up and find all my fat gone and the bad stuff was just a dream... but drat it all, not going to happen. Some people think what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. So let's hear it for the strong ones.

There are lots of nice people on these boards.. hope you will hang around and get to know everyone.
Old 03-18-2002, 10:51 PM   #3  

Hello Everyone,
I am new to this thread too, my name is Gloria, I live in Los Angeles, CA. Have read some of 3FC and appreciate this site. My newest diagnosis is Depressive Disorder. I'm 270 and 5'2" highest was 305. Goal is 170. Wanting to join this group to share and show support plus give encouragement. Look forward to getting to know you all.
Gloria
Closed Thread