Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-24-2008, 09:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Default wellbutrin seems to be working I have some energy

It is only my third day on it but I can feel a little difference. I actually have energy do stuff that needs done. Also I am able to control my eating better. Hopefully this keeps up. My stomach muscles hurt just from everything I am doing around the house!!! Any advice anyone can give me would be great. I have heard from inlaws that when they used it about the second month they started getting the suicidal thoughts. Anyone have that?? They were also taking other meds so i think that was their problem. I have no other meds so just wondering the general opinion of it..thanks Jess
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:54 PM   #2  

Wellbutrin was wonderful. it saved my life. I recently stopped taking it but I'll be on again when I see the doctor next week.

It gave me energy to workout and eat healthy, helping me to lose 30 pounds I gained from taking Effexor. Wellbutrin actually stopped the suicidal thoughts for me...or any negative thought for that matter. only thing was, I felt spaced out most of the time. I'd originally thought WB would help with my school work but it really affected my memory and concentration. However, I did make me feel 90% better after about 2 weeks of use!

Good luck, hope this helped!
MissyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:30 AM   #3  

Thank you I hope it does make me feel better. I do tend to have a little head ache with it but nothing major. I havent felt spaced out yet. But it takes like you said a few weeks to truly tell how its working and how you feel!!! But I can already feel a difference!! OK thanks
Old 04-26-2008, 03:58 AM   #4  
I LOVE my furbabies!

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'9"

I was on Welbutrin XL. It has less sexual side effects and a few other perks. I could not believe the difference in myself after about 2 weeks! I was sleeping 22 hours out of the day and didn't care about ANYTHING! I got on it and whew-- two weeks later I got up at 8am and went to bed at like 12am. It was an amazing transformation. I did not have any suicidal thoughts although sometimes I felt really really guilty and cried over the smallest things but I think that was a mixture of PMS and depression. I am now on Welbutrin SR which I don't think works as well but works enough, and is cheaper so that's why I'm on it. It's hard to pay for with no health insurance! One complaint I have is that I went from taking 150mg once a day to now I take 300mg once a day, but this might have something to do with BiPolar disorder running rampant through my family (mom, great-grandmother, aunts ect) sooo I'm pretty much doomed! I have tried other kinds but welbutrin xl seems to be the best one for me and luckily they have now come out with a generic brand, which they didn't have for a long time, btw i've been on it since 2003, and the generic is MUCH MUCH cheaper than the name brand. Use to pay 160 a month now paying 60 a month. Use to pay 40 for three months when i had insurance! oh those were the days! I hope everything works out for you and I hope you get all the great benefits that I did from taking it. I'll tell ya, at first i was in denial that i was depressed. I thought, no way would i ever take a pill, i'm only a bit down, but then i started failing out of college b/c i just did NOT care about anything, didn't eat or drink, shower, only got up for the bathroom...finally i talked to my doctor about the effects of depression and when she started explaining some of the signs i started sobbing in the office... well that sealed the deal for me... she knew and the secret was out. She convinced me to try them for at least a month and if they didnt help I could stop taking them... well of course she was right! So again, best of luck with your journey back to normal life!! And hopefully it's not too soon but Welcome back to normal life!!

Last edited by net knee; 04-26-2008 at 03:59 AM.
net knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:35 PM   #5  

yeah i have only been on a week and so much is different already