Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-02-2008, 01:09 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 235/228/199

Height: 5'3

So. We definitely got almost a foot of snow last night. It's a yuck day, but I need a nice, restful day after this last week, so I'm perfectly happy to stay holed up in my warm apartment and do floor calisthenics while watching episodes of "Grey's Anatomy."
emmyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 02:31 PM   #32  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Oooh, Emmy, I watch Grey's Anatomy (or The Gilmore Girls) quite often when I run if I am on the treadmill! I never saw it on TV, but I was given Season One for Christmas from a friend - it's great! Forty-five minutes just FLIES by!!

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 03:16 PM   #33  

Yes, that's exactly it! The time just flies and I don't even notice that I'm doing leg lifts (except that my legs ache . . .).
Old 02-02-2008, 04:10 PM   #34  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Wink "Morning" Gurls.........

"Morning" Gurls......

Leenie -- My back so far is feeling fine *knock on wood*, I too have a spinal injury so yup I hear ya. lol. Oh yes I know all about the exercises I am "supposed" to do to strengthen my ab muscles. I am just very very bad and don't do them. I have been thinking about doing WW @ home, but still deciding. I can do the walking 2-3 x's a week (I do the WATP's) but the key is doing them. Guarantee though it will most likely be on one of my nights off (Thursday - Sunday) as I work too long of hours to be coming home doing exercises. I know, excuses, excuses, but after 14 hours, all I wanna do is sleep. lol. I am beginning to at least plan some meals.......Having DH get me some Greens for a salad and I'm making grilled chicken to go in it. He is going to pick me up some fruit as well. I have to change, its no longer just a "want too" thing, it has turned into a "have too" thing now. Thank You for your support.

Emmy!!!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 02-02-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 05:35 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good afternoon gang

i'm gonna change my name to BUSY and just leave it at that.

i'm glad the end of month is over and I've finally got the year end paperwork finished up and sent off.

today i spent 6 hours cleaning house so that's my exercise for the day. i'm getting ready to hit the shower.

hope everybody has a great weekend
hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:32 AM   #36  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink

GO GIANTS

Haaaaaaaa and I don't even like sports nor will I be watching the game LOLOL Stupid Bowl indeed haaaa.

Good Morning Ladies,

Cathy I would love to borrow your energy...my house is so messy and I have 0 energy to do anything about it. DH is going to have to help me take my tree down today LOL.

Sassy....good for you, we gotta start some where don't we. If I'm not to pooped today I will get my but on the treadmill for at least 20 minutes..... WHOOT

Nothing much is going on today.... its really a get nothing done day, I feel I need rest to get this cold out of me. I usually get up at 5, 6 AM but today it was going on 8 AM and I felt like I could have slept longer....I'm tired LOL. So ... not much is gonna get done thats for sure.

Whats everyone doing today?

Last edited by Leenie; 02-03-2008 at 08:33 AM.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:08 AM   #37  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning!

I'm having a good day - February 1st saw me back on track... must have been having some kind of 'January Mental Block' - or... 'Block-and-Binge'!!! Either way, I'm getting back to where I was and feeling good!

I have been offered a lead in a show I auditioned for, and that's taken some pressure off - well, until the show! So, another good year for me! It was great fun to walk into that audition panel 100lbs lighter than I was when they saw me last year - It's put everything back in perspective, and I'm very happy.

I think I'll have a rest day today - hubby fancies taking the new car for a drive to the lake to do some photography, so that sounds relaxing to me I drove the car for the first time yesterday, and have to say I was happy to turn my key over to him again for the drive home... I'm not a bad driver, but I was VERY nervous in a new car on the snowy roads!

Hope you are all having a great Sunday - Leenie - get that tree down or I'm sending the Christmas Police to your house!!
Heather

Last edited by HeatherAngel; 02-03-2008 at 10:09 AM.
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:55 AM   #38  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi ladies,

Super Bowl party at my house tonight!

Today is full of cleaning and cooking. Chat more tomorrow!

hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:08 PM   #39  

I'm on duty tonight in the dorm, so I'm spending the afternoon watching episodes of LOST on DVD and making jewelry. I have a big job interview next week, so I'm making jewelry to match my outfit. I'm going to get in a good hour of exercise, too!
Old 02-03-2008, 02:44 PM   #40  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all!!

Emmy!!

Boy you guys all sound so busy!
Not much new around here. I went back to the doc on Friday and he put me on blood pressure med number 2, I go back this friday and he figures he will put me on a third one as well. Plus I stupidly booked my pap for the same appointment. I was over due and tired of being reminded. Two of the girls start a new semester at school on Monday, so we have to dig out some new school supplies. Today I'm hoping to clean up around my sewing machine so I can get a couple of projects finished. Thankfully we didn't wake up to more snow. Yesterday morning hubby had to dig out the end of the driveway as the grader went by and filled it in. DDA wants to go in for her driver's licence, but she hasn't been able to get any practice with our slippery roads.

Well I'm off. Have a great and restful Sunday!
Take care,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:31 PM   #41  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Welcome Emmy!!!

Hi all! It sounds like everyone's weekends have been busy busy. Mine not so much - math homework and such, still can't seem to get around to cleaning the house

I hauled 5 boxes of books down to the used bookstore Sat - they took 4 of them !!! So I'm about 40 bucks richer and a little clutter lighter.
Heather - super duper congrats on lead!!!!! I am so happy for you! What's the show like?

Emmy - I had a chuckle when I read your note about leg lifts - good to know Greys can block out that tedium!

Leenie - I think your plans sounds really reasonable and doable - bravo! I aim for 1400 cals a day, but mine is based on my doctors calculation of my somewhat slow metabolism. 1600 sounds like a great target, and the activity sounds awesome! Good luck!

Alright all, I'm off to walk the dogs again. Then its off to bed. Talk tomorrow.
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:44 PM   #42  
~Believe~

Cool Hi Gurls!!!

Hi Gurls.

Ya know I think I would work out a lot more if I had a punching bag with my bosses picture on it! lol.............. I still have to make my chicken to put in my salad.......so I have something HEALTHY to take to work.........UGH back to the old grind after being off for geez over a week now...........and I don't wanna go back...... lol.

I am actively searching for a new job though......so far I have only applied to one place, but hey, its a start. lol. I really thought about my life and how I want it to change, not just my weight, but everything. I want it all to change, all except for my marriage, well I guess if it gets better that is fine, but it is just fine as it is now.....but anyways.........everything else in my life, I need to take a huge giant eraser too and start over again. For real. I am very very dis-satisfied with myself and that has to change because I am not going to be this old woman who regrets everything she has done. I want to look back and say, "Wow I kicked a$$!!"

Anywho, I hope you all have a great week!!!

Old 02-03-2008, 11:58 PM   #43  

Dagnabbit! Stupid Super Bowl snacks got me! Not too excessively, but it's annoying because I was just curbing the craving for salty snacks. Oh well. I did work out for over an hour today, so I guess you win some and lose some, huh?
Old 02-04-2008, 06:29 AM   #44  
~Believe~

Don't feel bad Emmy.........I had cookies and a chocolate bar........UGH.......
Old 02-04-2008, 07:24 AM   #45  

It was the chips that did me in. I had a cookie, too. *sigh*

BUT. I woke up at 5:30 this morning to work out! Yay! And now I have 10 days to get my butt in gear before V-Day and my February break.